New Player! Any advise is appreciated

Ratatarata

Hello, 

I am relatively new to the game (~ 5 days). Take a look at my nation profile and if you have any suggestions, don’t hesistate to say them. This supreme leader doesn’t mind listening to other ideas :D

Q: What would you say is the optimal Land/ infrastructure ratio for new cities?

Q: Are hangars and docks really worth it for new players?

Q: I noticed the big nations typically invest in all projects, given that we only have 3 resources per continent, why do they do this?

Please don’t attack my country :)

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=125245

Edited by Ratatarata

Q1:  at your size, 1:1 land to infra ratio is great.  The real goal for you is to keep your disease at 0.00, so that you can get max income.

Q2: Yes if you are in a war, hangers and docks are worth it, if you arent fighting a war, you will probably want to hold a bunch of planes, but really you should talk to how your alliance fights, and they can tell you what they want you to have.

Q3: As a big nation, yes i have every single project, I do that because I have enough infra to support it, and once you buy a project you never have to buy it again.  (and when you get big like me the cost of a project is peanuts)

At the end of the day tho, your alliance should be able to answer all this for you, which is the main reason people join alliances in the first place, go find the econ guy in your alliance, and he/she should be able to walk you thru the best ways to set up your cities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ratatarata said:

Hello, 

I am relatively new to the game (~ 5 days). Take a look at my nation profile and if you have any suggestions, don’t hesistate to say them. This supreme leader doesn’t mind listening to other ideas :D

Q: What would you say is the optimal Land/ infrastructure ratio for new cities?

Q: Are hangars and docks really worth it for new players?

Q: I noticed the big nations typically invest in all projects, given that we only have 3 resources per continent, why do they do this?

Please don’t attack my country :)

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=125245

SRD already answered the first two questions well enough, as for the 3rd question - even though a continent has 3 resources, you can still buy Raw Resources from the market and turn them into products.

So even if you don't have Coal and Iron available to produce Steel, you can still buy the Coal and Iron for your Steel Mills (And Project) to turn them into Steel.

• Like 1

You should actually join an alliance in the top 30. Alliances are a big part of the game, and any half-decent alliance will tell you what to do and help you grow your nation.

• Like 2

new_forum_sig_2.png