The First Entry

Rygus

January 13th, 1946

Honestly, I wish I hadn't even bothered writing this. But my therapist said it's be good for my mental health. My name is Cale Ó Murchadh, a member of The Triumvirate, and one of the three most powerful men in the country. To put it in simple terms, I am a member of a council of three men who complete controls the "Three Leaf Clover Republic." Each Triumvirate member is responsible for a specific field. What do I do? I control the Civil aspects of the Republic, the taxes, infrastructure, lawmaking, etc, my partners in ruling would be Bishop Ó Cuinn who manages the spiritual affairs of the state, and Gob, who is the head of the military. I am the law, and by default, also the most powerful of The Triumvirate. Recently there has been a rise in burnings. Yes, burnings. Particularly of those who believe wholeheartedly in Marxist ideals. Typically how it goes is that the IRA (Irish Republican Army, our law-keeping and military force of The Three Leaf Clover Republic) gets a tip and they inform the Bureau of Order, which then sends a report to me for approval. It's difficult deciding, extremely difficult. If I grant amnesty to a certain individual, and it turns out they really are a communist revolutionary, I would have, by my own actions, compromised the Republic. However, if I condemn and individual who turns out to be innocent, I live with his or her death with the rest of my life. Just today, I've personally asked for the audiences of 35 alleged revolutionaries, each with their own testimony, and 32 of them pleading innocence. The 3 who admitted get a swift death by firing line, much like the other criminals in the system who have committed heinous crimes. The other 32 were drilled by either me or my hand picked advisers. Just last week there was one woman who was a mother of 5 who pleaded innocent, and her husband who admitted to being guilty. I let her go free, determining that if I executed the mother, her children would come to adopt their father's beliefs.

The next day, the mother detonated a bomb and killed 43 people including herself.

Perhaps this is what started my down-spiral into depression and hate for the current state of affairs. Perhaps it wasn't. Perhaps it was my service in the IRA almost 6 years ago that ruined me. Anyways, besides the communist uprisings and the general bureaucracy of The Triumvirate, my home life is just as normal as it could be. I have 7 children, and a wife who's spirit is as fierce as her tongue. My house is--well if you could call it a house--exceptionally large, with enough space for another 12 residents. My wife cooks, cleans, tends to the children, and has many hobbies to keep her occupied when the other tasks are completed. She was a nurse, and I, an IRA soldier during The War of Green and Red, it was a fairly typical love story, and perhaps I'll write about that too. I'm away from my family most of the year, but they still provide me with the necessary mindset to stay alive for them, and for the Republic. It is them that sparked my love for my country, my dedication that got me to this high position of authority. I wish to change it. I will change it. The politics in the Three Leaf Clover Republic is becoming stale, and I think, the same applies to the other two of The Triumvirate. I want to bring back the glories of The Kingdom of The Eire, the grandeur of fiefs and nobility, and the strong faith that comes with it. I believe Bishop Ó Cuinn is already on board with a revival of the Monarchy, and I believe I can manage to get Gob to concede his position under me. Much of the IRA is on my side after all, I manage their paychecks and benefits. I'll write back sometime later, assuming that I haven't been killed by some assassin or the country hasn't fallen in complete disarray as a result of an uprising. There already has been some uproar about the recent detaining of Catholics and Protestants in Scandinavia, so that will be on my mind for the next few weeks.

To whomever,

Cale Ó Murchadh,

Civil Head of The Triumvirate of The Three Leaf Clover Republic

Edited by Rygus