Victim Complexes

Clarke

I never had much experience with people claiming to be victims until recently, in the last few years it seems to have really taken off and now I experience this awfulness of an attitude regularly enough. If its not women claiming to be victims then it is gay people, black people or <insert other type of people> and it in reality they're no more victims than anyone else. Life is hard and it makes victims of us all sometimes, blaming your flaws on someone else is just going to keep you bitter and less successful in life. 
I try my best to avoid such people and I would never entertain some supposed victim telling me how much of a victim they're.

Getting on your knees and blowing someone to further your career doesn't make you a victim, you're taking advantage of a situation to advance yourself in life.
I think this is worst version of it where people willingly do something and then for whatever reason say they were taken advantage at that time and are now a victim.
I think it boils down to lazy people who want free stuff and pleading your case of being a victim is the best way to get it in our society atm. Nothing more than leeches from what I can tell.
They want to have the cake and they want to eat it. 

Whats your thoughts on people who have victim complexes?

• Upvote 3

IpHGyGc.png

To be honest, this needed to be said and the sad part is it will offend people. People will probably post here with significant WoTs pointing out victimization and its real and bla bla. 

I get iet, there is some shit thats pretty fricked up. People are actually victims, but there are some #metoo stories that are literally shit. If I had a fricking dollar for every time someone hit on me in the work place, I would retire right the frick now. Is it appropriate? no, does it keep me up at night? no. That is not a #metoo

I also don't agree with that bullshit of "we couldn't speak out until now because we were so scared....." it was just a political move that was then turned onto the president and then regurgitated back on the obama administration and biden. Am I upset pigs went to jail? hell nhahh

BUT touching back on victimization - there were actual females barking out saying they were being victimized during the #metoo campaign because men started joinin it and sharing their stories haha

These days anyone can become a victim of anyone/anything else. If there is a way to draw attention, profit, or shame someone - someone will be victimized.

The backbone this country used to have is gone and I'm sure the same shit is happening abroad. 

The question is how does it stop?

• Like 2

There is a difference between those that co-opt a movement, and this is incredibly visible on the far left, and claim victim hood over things which do not constitute an actual threat to their well-being and those who are and have been historically discriminated against and are victims of a system which simultaneously keeps them down and blames them for their failures.

This is particularly notable among blacks in America, but there is certainly a history of it for many ethnic minorities. Additionally, like all things being a victim and the consequences of that victim hood are on a spectrum and rely on many variables.

I have no pity on them and openly mock them/make bold statements to call out their bullshit.

I have no problem calling it out irl whether it's conference room/bar side tv/living room news headline or someone in an a social circle that I'm a part of. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Quite honestly, calling yourself a victim and espousing it just seems to me to be proud of weakness. A true victim is often so ashamed they can't speak of what they are a victim of, but these people are quite happy to announce the very things that should shame them. 

Isnt this the whole point of these movements?  To tell people they shouldn't be ashamed of being the victim, and they should speak out, so that the problem can be addressed and possibly solved vs shoved under the table where it can continue to fester and propagate?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

I often think of extravagant self-victimization as being mired in an intense identity crisis when you probe down on it. Quite often its an inability to engage in any significant type of selfreflection or development which leads people to (subsconsciously) seek a "cause" for the problems which they believe "overcome" them (which really, they to some extent caused) constantly. It's a lot easier to point your finger at an external boogeyman, than it is to place it on your own emotional/sore point or insecurity.

...For what it's worth.

os9LcJK.gif

On 6/11/2018 at 2:12 PM, Clarke said:

I think it boils down to lazy people who want free stuff and pleading your case of being a victim is the best way to get it in our society atm. Nothing more than leeches from what I can tell.

I'm 1/64 Native American and I find this doubleplus offensive! gib $10,000,000 PnW bux or I'll tell Sheepy ur being a buli! 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png