An Orbis Chronicle: The Fall of Buorhann

Smith

38 minutes ago, rey said:

or maybe people know what posted and just didn't get to it before?

were you openly calling people pedophiles before like yesterday

Kastor called someone else a pedophile? LOL. That’s rich.

30 minutes ago, Django Jane said:

nah, settra

but yeah, the irony isn't lost

35 minutes ago, Django Jane said:

In his, well not defense but clarity, he didn't explicitly mean to send that snap to a minor. And in fact, her age was never confirmed. It was just a reasonable consequence of sending out unsolicited dick pics during the middle of a radio show and narrating the whole experience.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Sure. The afrika korps thing is a very apt example. Chasing up TGH (but also other alliances and persons) in backchannels for taking in what you believe to be malcontents *before* they became retarded (hehe yes. I said it. frick you hippo) is an example. Literally chasing certain individuals across the game trying to ensure they get accepted or endorsed *nowhere* is an apt example.

The problem here in my opinion is that some parties (some to stronger degrees than others) are on what seems like a continuous righteous crusade against all the "OOC bad people". While in itself intend may not be bad per say (and probably often noble), it's counterproductive to its intent.

The more you push *against* extremist elements of any kind; the more attention you give them -particularly at times when they slumber activity-wise-, the more you energize and empower them.

Even without taking that into account, it's clear that in the process of that crusade (and i'm using the term loosely for lack of a better descriptor. Pardon me for that), such groups or individuals lose sight of the gaming aspect of this community, thus actively participating in and fueling an increasingly toxic environment. 

Take a look at the past months: An increasing portion of the political (ingame) dialogue and controversy is fueled by Out-of-Game politics and worldviews, or rather- the rejection of one anothers world views. The potential for ingame drama or rivalries is overshadowed and diminished by this. It's boring. It's stale. And frankly, it's something that I daresay most of us already witness enough in real life. Leave it there. 

...That said, if actual bad/grieveous shit occurs, it should be met with a swift and harsh response to weed out such bullshit. But right now it's nearing a "boy who cried wolf" situation on your end.

There's my criticism of the SJW end of things. This post is focused solely at that so as to provide a proper response to you. Please do remember that my initial post showed equal condemnation for the other side and its retardations. Something which i'm equally happy to elaborate on if they don't understand. But I suspect they completely do understand. It's pretty black-and-white on that front.

You are so fricking sexy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blair Waldorf said:

i dont really get this whole "people hate TGH for playing this game differently" mentality the members of TGH have. like Arrgh plays the game differently and people dislike them IG for it, but OOC Ripper/Ogaden etc. are some of the nicest and most beloved players of PnW so if y'all just acted respectable im sure there wouldnt be too much of an issue besides IG stuff, but who knows

I believe only one or two people posted that, Kastor and maybe someone else?  I haven't necessarily kept up, because that's definitely not the overall mentality of the alliance.  It seems to be a reoccurring thing here that when a member in my alliance posts something, it's exaggerated by the community.  Direct insults between two players turning into blanket statements across multiple players, for example.

If there is something that my members have an issue with, is the fact that previous allegiances and/or friends are starting to show the hypocrisy of their actions or statements.  There's a lot of history between players who follow me and those that are often in conflict with us, whether verbal or in-game.

Not a single player here have a clean record.  There's a lot of skeletons in closets so to speak, or they've been shown to turn the cheek when their own friends and allies say something horrible as well.

Now I'm personally attempting to keep my focus into in-game stuff, but it seems that people keep DMing me in Discord to certain posts on these forums.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I believe only one or two people posted that, Kastor and maybe someone else?  I haven't necessarily kept up, because that's definitely not the overall mentality of the alliance.  It seems to be a reoccurring thing here that when a member in my alliance posts something, it's exaggerated by the community.  Direct insults between two players turning into blanket statements across multiple players, for example.

If there is something that my members have an issue with, is the fact that previous allegiances and/or friends are starting to show the hypocrisy of their actions or statements.  There's a lot of history between players who follow me and those that are often in conflict with us, whether verbal or in-game.

Not a single player here have a clean record.  There's a lot of skeletons in closets so to speak, or they've been shown to turn the cheek when their own friends and allies say something horrible as well.

Now I'm personally attempting to keep my focus into in-game stuff, but it seems that people keep DMing me in Discord to certain posts on these forums.

It's just hard to ignore when those 2 individuals are in positions that represents the alliance on the global scale. 

I think you're a solid guy and have nothing but respect for you going back 3 years of playing this game, but you have to realize that you've given these individuals loudspeakers to represent your alliance and they aren't blaring the best stuff through the airwaves. 

Edited by Floating Hippo
  • Upvote 5
 ^oo^
 (..)
 ()  ()
 ()__()

11 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

let's be real...

if NPO/VE FA called an important figure in Mensa a nazi and child molester, i think you'd take more of a stand then "go report it to the mods"

Edited by Blair Waldorf

1 minute ago, Floating Hippo said:

It's just hard to ignore when those 2 individuals are in positions that represents the alliance on the global scale. 

I think you're a solid guy and have nothing but respect for you going back 3 years of playing this game, but you have to realize that you've given these individuals loudspeakers to represent your alliance and they aren't blaring the best stuff through the airwaves. 

There's literally no "Deputy" of FA.  Kastor is not in any kind of position other than being a troll, the whole thing was a troll.  Anyone with half a mind that knows my history with Kastor, would have the indication it was too good to be true.

Won't lie though, I did get a lot of laughs.  Especially the tidbits of Felkey/CuppyCake talking about it, or Prefontaine getting on my ass for sending Kastor to him, lol.

You're right, I'm working with undesirable players, giving them a chance to actually play the game.  If that ruins my reputation, then so be it.  Ever since I started here, my intention has always to play the game as it is, regardless of player's OOC political ideologies (I point to my initial efforts to establish a tie with SGM, boy did that go a complete 180).  I wanted players who are perfectly content with burning pixels, and I have those.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Floating Hippo said:

Literally all I said was I don’t care if you hate us, just consistently hate us. 

Plus I’m not in any huge position or anything. Lmfaooooo. 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

4 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

No. You too, are wrong. Not even in my opinion. Objectively. For all my criticism of the SJW's, you should most certainly have taken responsibility when your lower government went out of line, and a simple "go report it then, let the mods handle it" is not enough to absolve the damage their actions while in an official capacity did to the reputation of your alliance. You put them in a position where they represent your alliance to a higher degree than regular members and you empowered them to act as your extensions at times of convenience. While you are not responsible for their words directly, your utter inaction when confronted with their actions and your failure to properly address the situation as an alliance leads their actions to reflect on your alliance as an entity.

It's basic. it's a natural consequence. And crying foul about it is dumb. That's the *ingame* POV. If you ask me for the *Out of game* POV, you simply failed to take responsibility as a major community figure in denouncing what pretty much constitutes unnecessary OOC degeneration.

Now we did already talk and frankly, I do believe the SJW end began persecuting some within TGH before y'all went off the deep end (and it probably contributed to you doing so) but that still does not excuse a thing. Both of y'all sides are being absolute fricking jackasses.

I do disagree with the notion of taking complete responsibility.  Even if Rickky/Settra was non-gov, his abrasive personality would still kick in.  There is nothing that you or anyone here aside from the moderators and Sheepy that can stop a player from posting, and you're much aware of this fact as you've worked with him before.  The tools are there for players to handle issues themselves.  Whether its to roll us (What's going on now) or to use the report functions that the game has (Which has been happening instantly as soon as he posts).

As for the rest of your post, the consequences are there, I'm not complaining about it.

45 minutes ago, Blair Waldorf said:

let's be real...

if NPO/VE FA called an important figure in Mensa a nazi and child molester, i think you'd take more of a stand then "go report it to the mods"

Actually the worst insult you could give a Mensa member is call them a commie.  Especially @Spooner if you want to get a reaction.

At best, you’d get shitposts in reply.  We certainly wouldn’t crusade the report button nor roll an alliance for it, because we mostly couldn’t care less as a community.  We’re too busy hating each other on our own forums to care about the OWF.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Actually the worst insult you could give a Mensa member is call them a commie.  Especially @Spooner if you want to get a reaction.

At best, you’d get shitposts in reply.  We certainly wouldn’t crusade the report button nor roll an alliance for it, because we mostly couldn’t care less as a community.  We’re too busy hating each other on our own forums to care about the OWF.

Commie

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

I do believe the SJW end began persecuting some within TGH before y'all went off the deep end (and it probably contributed to you doing so) but that still does not excuse a thing. Both of y'all sides are being absolute fricking jackasses.

I think this is pretty close to the truth, but I think that you're expecting a level of responsibility for Buorhann that you don't expect of the opposition.

While the body of TGH is an unruly group of sons of !@#$es, those quoted here and accused of OOC attacks are few. The amount of times I've seen the whole of KT or TGH referred to as Nazis or the like by any number of average members of various alliances without repercussion is absurd.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

I think this is pretty close to the truth, but I think that you're expecting a level of responsibility for Buorhann that you don't expect of the opposition.

While the body of TGH is an unruly group of sons of !@#$es, those quoted here and accused of OOC attacks are few. The amount of times I've seen the whole of KT or TGH referred to as Nazis or the like by any number of average members of various alliances without repercussion is absurd.

I'm firm in my belief that both parties need to frick off on the matter. How exactly am I expecting more from Buorhann than from the other side? :P

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

does explicitly saying that he expects the same level of responsibility not count as expecting the same level of responsibility or something

19 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

I'm firm in my belief that both parties need to frick off on the matter. How exactly am I expecting more from Buorhann than from the other side? :P

Yea I kinda got lost there, I accused you but mean the community as a whole. My b, homie.

• Upvote 1