An Orbis Chronicle: The Fall of Buorhann

Smith

20 minutes ago, Sargun said:

kastor people have literally said that they are coming on specifically to voice distaste at the actions and words of TGH, specifically rickky and buorhann's abhorrent behavior

you're trying to create a false narrative that people are only hating on TGH because of a bandwagon.  re-posting the same script over and over didn't work for rubio and it won't work for you.

the correct term is talk shit, get hit.  you talked a lot of shit, now you're getting hit.

Can you explain exactly what about Buorhann's behavior has been 'abhorrent'? Because as far as I can see, he himself hasn't done anything but be the leader of the alliance you're currently having a knee-jerk reaction towards.

And to reiterate what has been said many times, TGH has always been aggressive and warlike, that's our theme and our strategy. It's been there in our alliance description since the start: "we are always looking for a fight".

So please stop making these attempts to justify your aggression and just stick to @Micchan's proper and defensible CB of "hippos have ugly short legs", because THAT was a good CB.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Yeah, I know you all hate this. 

First public warning to keep things civil - I see a lot of flaming/baiting and personal OOC attacks. Before we start handing out warns like Oprah hands out cars, lets just get back to reality here and understand there are some set rules in this community. Argue on discord where we can't get you or make secret clubs to pursue your arguments.

Lets not push this to a 2nd public warning, I hate closing threads.

Thank you.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Sargun said:

dunno how to explain this without using crayons mate but here's a good look for you

[reasonable discourse and aggression] ---- [aggressive shitposting and borderlline name calling] --- THE LINE YOU DON'T CROSS --- [rickky calling the opposition pedophiles and nazis]

notice how across from that line is your head of FA.  when a large amount of people across multiple alliances condemns the words you're saying and your actions as unsociable, you have fricked up.  and then, as an alliance leader, you are expected to fix mistakes and improve your alliance. buorhann has instead taken the low road and doubled down by making rickky's statements official and insulting anyone who felt wronged.

newsflash: when your official FA policy is "all my opponents are child molesting nazis", people are going to be upset at you

What you're describing here is your objection to Rickky's tasteless and poorly timed comments. Which is perfectly reasonable. However, you're interpreting Buorhann saying "report him, the mods are here for a reason" as "doubling down"? Buorhann hasn't called anyone a child molesting Nazi, and he's encouraged you to do the right thing and REPORT such behavior. That's neither defending his behavior nor engaging in it, in fact it is the exact opposite. It's an out of game issue, and Buorhann is telling you that it should be dealt with as such... because that's exactly how it SHOULD be dealt with. This is an OOC issue, and should therefore not be brought into game mechanics or politics any more than any other OOC attack should be. Yes, Buorhann is being rude about it, but so are you and your crayons, mate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sargun said:

kastor people have literally said that they are coming on specifically to voice distaste at the actions and words of TGH, specifically rickky and buorhann's abhorrent behavior

you're trying to create a false narrative that people are only hating on TGH because of a bandwagon.  re-posting the same script over and over didn't work for rubio and it won't work for you.

the correct term is talk shit, get hit.  you talked a lot of shit, now you're getting hit.

My point is if you didn’t have the balls to say it before, don’t come say it now. People are specifically jumping on the bandwagon, and to say that they aren’t is ludicrous. Half these people haven’t said a word badly about TGH until now. 

I could care less if you hate us, just keep the same energy at all times. 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

33 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

That's neither defending his behavior nor engaging in it

you're conveniently ignoring the multiple posts where he's said that it is rickky's job as FA to be controversial as a FA policy, thus explicitly saying that he is okay with rickky making such statements and that he doesn't care if they are rule-breaking.

acknowledging that you're doing shitty things does not absolve you of their shittiness. if anything, it makes it worse: buorhann knows rickky is calling people nazia and child molestors, and not only thinks that it is acceptable behavior but refuses to do anything about it.  saying "i don't care, ask the mods to intervene" both a) acknowledges them and b) approves of them, making buorhann a bad guy.

31 minutes ago, Kastor said:

My point is if you didn’t have the balls to say it before, don’t come say it now. People are specifically jumping on the bandwagon, and to say that they aren’t is ludicrous. Half these people haven’t said a word badly about TGH until now. 

I could care less if you hate us, just keep the same energy at all times. 

kastor people have been talking shit about you since you started this game.  you have always had a superiority complex but have never had the success nor the talent to deserve it.  TGH is another long line of alliances full of people who piss off as many people as possible and then get "wow i thought it was ok" when the bell tolled for thee.  we don't have the time to devote to being mad every day, so we'll just roll you instead.  it's how the world works, kid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

1 minute ago, Sargun said:

you're conveniently ignoring the multiple posts where he's said that it is rickky's job as FA to be controversial as a FA policy, thus explicitly saying that he is okay with rickky making such statements and that he doesn't care if they are rule-breaking.

acknowledging that you're doing shitty things does not absolve you of their shittiness. if anything, it makes it worse: buorhann knows rickky is calling people nazia and child molestors, and not only thinks that it is acceptable behavior but refuses to do anything about it.  saying "i don't care, ask the mods to intervene" both a) acknowledges them and b) approves of them, making buorhann a bad guy.

"Have the mods take care of it, that's their job" is approval? Do you want him to personally give rickky a forum warning, then? Buorhann isn't a moderator, he's an alliance leader who has made it his strategy to be antagonistic as a conscious in-game decision. Yes, rickky has indeed gone too far with the nazi pedo comments, and went over the line to inappropriate OOC attack territory, but when this happened he hasn't agreed with it. What he did about it was exactly what should be done about it: report it to the moderators. If he approved of it, he wouldn't be reporting it or encouraging you to report it, now would he?

11 minutes ago, Sargun said:

kastor people have been talking shit about you since you started this game.  you have always had a superiority complex but have never had the success nor the talent to deserve it.  TGH is another long line of alliances full of people who piss off as many people as possible and then get "wow i thought it was ok" when the bell tolled for thee.  we don't have the time to devote to being mad every day, so we'll just roll you instead.  it's how the world works, kid.

You know, you guys in TKR are the only ones that are considering this little war as some kind of existential threat to TGH. We're a warlike, antagonistic alliance, and that means we're ready to fight. Feel free to try to roll us; we can take it, we're willing to take it, and no matter how many pixels are burned, you won't see us defeated. Nobody on our side is objecting to getting hit, what we're objecting to is your excessive knee-jerk reactions and illogical attempts to justify something that doesn't need to be justified. What, do you seriously think that we'll roll over in a pile of salt out of fear of beige? Or maybe that we'll wet our pants because we're scared of taking a hit? It's like you are willfully ignoring everything we are and have ever done. Please stop it, it's embarrassing and insulting.

• Downvote 1

Sargun is trolling.  Him and some of the TKR core group are buddies with Rickky/Settra.  Don’t take the bait.

Lets just focus on the war at hand.  We can deal with the rest after.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phino said:

stats ..... where is the war stats? you can't win a war without war stats!!!

I don't think we need stats to figure out that KT/TGH gave been absolutely overrun by the blitz and isn't going to recover from it. Not that anybody is surprised by this result. I'm not.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Kastor said:

Half of you weren’t or just didn’t say this before the war started, now that the war is ongoing, here comes all the TGH haters.

Do you need to hear it every day to know that people think you suck? Besides the fact that people from an alliance like TRF seem you tell you pretty regularly what they think of you, especially you should be aware what everybody thinks of you and to some extent therefore also of TGH. If it makes you feel better though then maybe I can get @Biel to give you a daily reminder that basically everybody from TKR/TCW/TRF thinks that you, Buorhann, Rickky, and whonot are all fricking idiots.

Edited by Mitsuru
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, Sargun said:

dunno how to explain this without using crayons mate but here's a good look for you

[reasonable discourse and aggression] ---- [aggressive shitposting and borderlline name calling] --- THE LINE YOU DON'T CROSS --- [rickky calling the opposition pedophiles and nazis]

notice how across from that line is your head of FA.  when a large amount of people across multiple alliances condemns the words you're saying and your actions as unsociable, you have fricked up.  and then, as an alliance leader, you are expected to fix mistakes and improve your alliance. buorhann has instead taken the low road and doubled down by making rickky's statements official and insulting anyone who felt wronged.

newsflash: when your official FA policy is "all my opponents are child molesting nazis", people are going to be upset at you

Yeah, this!

It was consensual!

5 hours ago, Phino said:

stats ..... where is the war stats? you can't win a war without war stats!!!

Best stat: 5 wars and I still have all my infra

1 hour ago, Mitsuru said:

basically everybody from TKR/TCW/TRF thinks that you, Buorhann, Rickky, and whonot are all fricking idiots.

That's not true!

Oh wait you quoted Kastor

That's only partially true!

3 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Sargun is trolling.  Him and some of the TKR core group are buddies with Rickky/Settra.  Don’t take the bait.

Lets just focus on the war at hand.  We can deal with the rest after.

"bait"

If telling the truth is bait, that implies a lot of shit about you.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Sargun said:

"bait"

If telling the truth is bait, that implies a lot of shit about you.

I can't tell if I'm replying to Rickky/Settra here or not.  You two are so close to each other and hold similar argument styles.

This thread crossed the line of productive a long time ago. What was going to be said has been said, there is no point to continue on, no minds are going to be changed.

Carry on with your lives, carry on with the war and let this thread die. 

^oo^
 (..)
 ()  ()
 ()__()

21 minutes ago, Floating Hippo said:

This thread crossed the line of productive a long time ago. What was going to be said has been said, there is no point to continue on, no minds are going to be changed.

Carry on with your lives, carry on with the war and let this thread die. 

you're not my real dad

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prefonteen said:

To be fair, that's not exactly how it has historically worked. In the past there has always be a degree of self-regulation within the community- particularly in the leadership of prominent alliances. Serious and/or overt blurring of IC-OOC lines (particularly with regards to Real-Life matters) has generally seen swift action from alliances with perpetrator(s) being promptly disposed and/or amends made. In instances where this was not the case, a community reaction generally followed suit.

I do believe that precedent to be a healthy mechanism which serves to keep the game a game and thus, enjoyable to the greatest percentage of players possible.

With that in mind i've been slightly disappointed at various players on both sides of the fence lately: The reactionary (SJW) contingent in the community lately has gone overboard with crusades against all who do not prescribe to their worldviews on morality, ethics and yes- politics. Simultaneously other parties have been guilty of deliberately crossing OOC lines which should not be crossed in an attempt to provoke their polar opposites into "rage". This has gone back-and-forth for a while now and frankly, neither side of the equation contributes a single worthwhile thing to this gaming environment and community in the process. If degeneration of game-discourse continues among this trend, i'd daresay a majority of players will eventually tune out and leave you to waddle in your own toxicity.

Can you give specific examples of the SJW contingent going on said “crusades”.

As far as I can tell, we’ve just been voicing our disagreement with the Nazi idolization in-game and the emboldened racists and white supremacists who take their vile OOC beliefs into the game.

If we’re going to talk about NSR when they were SIR and TRF when we were SGM, it’s become increasingly clear over the past couple months that it was perfectly justified. The whole “we’ve reformed and won’t be overtly racist” narrative has since broken down and you can go see Bastion spouting overtly racist comments in the KT server. These people don’t deserve protection.

So all in all, what is “overboard”? As far as I can see, we’re just makin sure that there are repercussions for that type of behavior. Amongst yourself and the rest of the people in this game, nothing is being done or even said.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

showing that he's being targetted for bandwagon downvotes regardless of whatever content he posted.

or maybe people know what posted and just didn't get to it before?

9 hours ago, Kastor said:

That isn’t want I said, so I’ll repeat it again. It’s amazing how people will stay quiet about things that they swear matter to them and then turn around and act like they care simply because the alliance is at war with another alliance. Buorhann and TGH runs itself a lot differently than most alliances, but the fact that majority of these characters have never spoken an ill word about TGH, to now act like they’ve been upset for months, is hilarious.

were you openly calling people pedophiles before like yesterday

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1