Let's Dance!

Adrienne

36 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Genuine question: is there a CB other than the dickish antics of our members?

I'm chill with that CB, but if we're acting like TGH was plotting against TKR, some logs would be cool.

I think its 50% dickish antics, 50% "rumors". 

Honestly thought you guys would see this coming a mile away, they took forever to militarize and blitz 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, 8mrgrim8 said:

I think its 50% dickish antics, 50% "rumors". 

Honestly thought you guys would see this coming a mile away, they took forever to militarize and blitz 

Oh we definitely knew something was a possibility. We were prepared as could be, a full mil would've been counterproductive.

• Upvote 3

On 6/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, Insert Name Here said:

You really wouldn't, fam. The 3 of them put together don't even have as many members as TKR, let alone the militarization levels of both sides. You don't need to justify yourself to me tho. :P 

ET = 96
KT = 53
TGH = 52

Total = 211

TKR = 169 at start of war.

Please take this time to brush up on your 2nd grade arithmetic. Although, given the brutality delivered by the blitz, i still doubt TKR would've lost if they went alone.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Lairah said:

ET = 96
KT = 53
TGH = 52

Total = 211

Please take this time to brush up on your 2nd grade arithmetic. Although, given the brutality delivered by the blitz, i still doubt TKR would've lost if they went alone.

Mostly because including ET into the stats is rather idiotic to say the least. There are very few requirements to get in, we rarely purge inactives and only those who actually want to bother actively improving themselves go anywhere.

Many people seem to think ET is some sort of alliance, it really is just a much more thorough process of trying to only get the best people into KT. Probably needs to be noted for anyone wanting to argue legitimately about the numbers involved here.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

5 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

Mostly because including ET into the stats is rather idiotic to say the least. There are very few requirements to get in, we rarely purge inactives and only those who actually want to bother actively improving themselves go anywhere.

Many people seem to think ET is some sort of alliance, it really is just a much more thorough process of trying to only get the best people into KT. Probably needs to be noted for anyone wanting to argue legitimately about the numbers involved here.

You only need half of them to be even slightly serious, and therefore active enough to fight for it to be about equal.

If that accounts for less than half, i would reccomend more purging. Both side of the political spectrum agree - purging is great!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Lairah said:

You only need half of them to be even slightly serious, and therefore active enough to fight for it to be about equal.

If that accounts for less than half, i would reccomend more purging. Both side of the political spectrum agree - purging is great!

Even so, most are in the 1-10 city ranges whether TKR and co are not.

Either way, we'll see how it goes. Early days yet.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

20 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

Even so, most are in the 1-10 city ranges whether TKR and co are not.

Either way, we'll see how it goes. Early days yet.

Yeah TKR has over 160 upper tiers, 2 or 3 under 20 cities at best, right?

4 hours ago, Keegoz said:

Yeah, let’s not forget you condemn the “retards” to ET forever if you don’t like them. It’s good that you at least come forward with the failure of ET.

The process is not thorough at all. It’s long, ineffective, and corrupt. Instead of helping new players and fostering an environment of inclusivity, you forced them to stay in ET until you deem them worthy, which is almost never. At least that’s how it was when I was there.

But to be fair, he’s right that everyone in ET is barely worth the numbers. It’s KT’s inactive farm and penal colony. All they do is fill defensive slots. I’d only add the top 10% into the stats.

8 hours ago, Lairah said:

ET = 96
KT = 53
TGH = 52

Total = 211

Meh, I must have included TCW or TRF with TKR at some point. Point still stands, TKR could have taken them on their own, given the considerable difference in score, militarization levels and 1st strike advantage, which with spy ops buffed since that update a long time ago is even more important, seen as you can eventually proceed to spying away a bunch of aircraft per spy op. Not that it matters because if they needed, help would eventually have been on its way.

Also, like Partisan said, both sides (not really TKR and TCW here) should lighten up on the OOC attacks. We don't need this game to become closer to CN in any way, and the events that led to this war don't really help the community in any way. I hope those people take note and keep that filth out of the game from now on.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Insert Name Here said:

Meh, I must have included TCW or TRF with TKR at some point. Point still stands, TKR could have taken them on their own. Not that it matters because if they needed, help would eventually have been on the way. 

Also, like Partisan said, both sides (not really TKR and TCW here) should lighten up on the OOC attacks. We don't need this game to become closer to CN in any way, and the vents that led to this war don't really help the community in any way. I hope those people take note and keep that filth out of the game.

I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment that it would have been possible. But why should they get to have all the fun :P

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Felkey said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment that it would have been possible. But why should they get to have all the fun :P

That's the best argument I've seen so far. You're right, they shouldn't. As a warmonger I can totally relate to that feeling. :P 

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:23 PM, Hodor said:

Genuine question: is there a CB other than the dickish antics of our members?

I'm chill with that CB, but if we're acting like TGH was plotting against TKR, some logs would be cool.

Voila

14 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Yeah, let’s not forget you condemn the “retards” to ET forever if you don’t like them. It’s good that you at least come forward with the failure of ET.

The process is not thorough at all. It’s long, ineffective, and corrupt. Instead of helping new players and fostering an environment of inclusivity, you forced them to stay in ET until you deem them worthy, which is almost never. At least that’s how it was when I was there.

But to be fair, he’s right that everyone in ET is barely worth the numbers. It’s KT’s inactive farm and penal colony. All they do is fill defensive slots. I’d only add the top 10% into the stats.

Showing your age here, shit has changed since you were around so stop pretending like you know us.

There is a test for each grant going to city 10, on top of this we check discord activity and war activity. We had 2 graduate this month thus far, which considering grants only restarted mid-May it's not too bad. There are tax farms in there as well of those who have chosen to retire from actively playing the game but still want to contribute.

3 hours ago, Keegoz said:

Showing your age here, shit has changed since you were around so stop pretending like you know us.

Just of out curiosity, how does anything Starbuck posted constitute pretending to know someone? The post is a description of what ET used to be like, based on personal experiences. I mean, if you were told to describe an alliance you used to be a member of, you would do the exact same thing, you would draw on your memories and personal experiences to form an opinion. If your memories and experiences of what the alliance is like no longer accurately describe the conditions of that alliance, that's fine, but that still doesn't mean you're pretending to know them, you're ideally just trying to be as accurate as possible with the information you have available to you. I don't know about you but to me, trying to make it seem like anyone making up their minds about something based on the information and experiences they have stored in their brains are acting fake or in a disingenuous manner is tantamount to insulting the entire human race, because pretty much everyone does that pretty much every single day. Don't get me wrong, you're totally right in setting the record straight about ET and I hold no ill will towards you or that alliance but I do have a problem with your use of the word pretending in this context, which strikes me a defensive knee-jerk reaction that could (and should) have been avoided.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

TKR and friends = ~850k

KT/TGH= ~400k

Very rough numbers from start of war. Stop acting like you accomplished something by blitzing us and wiping our mil, an ape with that kind of numerical advantage could do the same thing. The real part of war is coming up.

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

12 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Just of out curiosity, how does anything Starbuck posted constitute pretending to know someone? The post is a description of what ET used to be like, based on personal experiences. I mean, if you were told to describe an alliance you used to be a member of, you would do the exact same thing, you would draw on your memories and personal experiences to form an opinion. If your memories and experiences of what the alliance is like no longer accurately describe the conditions of that alliance, that's fine, but that still doesn't mean you're pretending to know them, you're ideally just trying to be as accurate as possible with the information you have available to you. I don't know about you but to me, trying to make it seem like anyone making up their minds about something based on the information and experiences they have stored in their brains are acting fake or in a disingenuous manner is tantamount to insulting the entire human race, because pretty much everyone does that pretty much every single day. Don't get me wrong, you're totally right in setting the record straight about ET and I hold no ill will towards you or that alliance but I do have a problem with your use of the word pretending in this context, which strikes me a defensive knee-jerk reaction that could (and should) have been avoided.

The fact that Starbuck’s entire post was present tense? And took a pretty aggressive/offensive tone? He wasn’t reminiscing.

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

The fact that Starbuck’s entire post was present tense? And took a pretty aggressive/offensive tone? He wasn’t reminiscing.

"At least that's how it was when I was there" is a hell of a caveat to be sensitive about

8 hours ago, Arkiri Arch said:

TKR and friends = ~850k

KT/TGH= ~400k

Very rough numbers from start of war. Stop acting like you accomplished something by blitzing us and wiping our mil, an ape with that kind of numerical advantage could do the same thing. The real part of war is coming up.

i dont think its an accomplishment i think its a very funny footnote in history

8 hours ago, Arkiri Arch said:

TKR and friends = ~850k

KT/TGH= ~400k

You mean the part where you try to 1 ship TKR only to realize that they are heretics to the glorious strategy of Roquentin and actually use ships?

Or the part where you're now in the same position as Nuke Bloc, where you'll be getting attacked by people half, or even a third your size, and your options are either to take it, or build up and then expose yourself to people on a bit more equal tiering? 

The war is effectively over. There's nothing you're going to be able to do that will ever close up the monstrosity of a gap that exists between damage dealt. At best, you'll beat up on people with 7 cities, to get your skulls cracked by somebody with 12 for building up at all, and take more damage doing so than you deal, because you're beating up on people with 7 cities.

Although, i suppose the Nuke Bloc method of just sitting there and getting shredded just isn't TGH's style.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lairah said:

You mean the part where you try to 1 ship TKR only to realize that they are heretics to the glorious strategy of Roquentin and actually use ships?

Or the part where you're now in the same position as Nuke Bloc, where you'll be getting attacked by people half, or even a third your size, and your options are either to take it, or build up and then expose yourself to people on a bit more equal tiering? 

The war is effectively over. There's nothing you're going to be able to do that will ever close up the monstrosity of a gap that exists between damage dealt. At best, you'll beat up on people with 7 cities, to get your skulls cracked by somebody with 12 for building up at all, and take more damage doing so than you deal, because you're beating up on people with 7 cities.

Although, i suppose the Nuke Bloc method of just sitting there and getting shredded just isn't TGH's style.

Just gonna tl;dr that for you. 

giphy.gif