Plot Und Panzer

Khai Jäger

11 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The pictures are suggestive enough and anime enough to trigger 3 pages of discussion on where the line between nazi iconography, nazi sympathy, and innocent memery is. Sure, it's Germany and ww2, but at least their flag isn't this Nazi symbol:

Reveal hidden contents

2000px-Volkswagen_Logo_till_1995.svg.png

(Incidentally, everyone really needs to watch this video about politically incorrect jokes, including how to tell them, how NOT to tell them, and how to recognize them. Especially SJWs that need to learn what the hell a joke is.)

Honestly i downvoted it because i felt it was lacking, the fact that a bunch of weebs overlooked vague Naziesque undertones or the fact that there's literally an alliance of SJWs is much less aggravating. 

Suggestive is nice and all, but if you're going to bomb the roleplay aspect, at least give the fine people of orbis some nudity to distract from their empty lives with.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The pictures are suggestive enough and anime enough to trigger 3 pages of discussion on where the line between nazi iconography, nazi sympathy, and innocent memery is. Sure, it's Germany and ww2, but at least their flag isn't this Nazi symbol:

Hide contents

2000px-Volkswagen_Logo_till_1995.svg.png

(Incidentally, everyone really needs to watch this video about politically incorrect jokes, including how to tell them, how NOT to tell them, and how to recognize them. Especially SJWs that need to learn what the hell a joke is.)

I get the video - but why the Vdub logo. 
Please do your research before answering me.

I own a VW I'm offended.

Edited by Mad Max

VW is a German company that helped the Nazi regime with production.

Then again, just about every automaker you know of today assisted the Nazi Party in some way.   Yes, including good ol' American companies.

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Then again, just about every automaker you know of today assisted the Nazi Party in some way.   Yes, including good ol' American companies.

I wanted him to answer ;( 

I love learning history - especially of companies products I own or invest money into. I know the history of VW, I'm not that emotionally attached to my Jetta being that I lost the car I loved in Hurricane Harvey, but I have seen a lot of people on multiple platforms say that VW was created by Hitler/nazis and to them I say - look into VW actual history, see the actual chain of events that occurred, what they actually produced during war - who produced it - what VW actually means, especially in that era, (and realize multiple car companies used the same word to sell their own cars) and then look into your own country's history (like America, GM owned Opel division..... and maybe Ford and maybe even mercedes benz, hugo boss, IBM, Coca Cola, Associated Press.....)

I mean, it was a different time - business will always be business, but I mean don't offend me.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Until around 1941 i think, or was that 1939? I forget which, but i'm quite sure it was in one of those two years that American companies started backing out of Nazi Germany. I'm leaning towards 1939, without researching it again.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lairah said:

Until around 1941 i think, or was that 1939? I forget which, but i'm quite sure it was in one of those two years that American companies started backing out of Nazi Germany. I'm leaning towards 1939, without researching it again.

I believe you're right - there is a lot murky with the details as back in that day GM was working as Opel and those cars were then sold through anther headline name to mask the american business. There is a lot of in history people don't know till they actually start looking.

From what I understand, the VW - which wasn't even produced under the name VW it was produced by KDF or Kraft durch Freude - the car wasn't even produced for civilian use - once WWII broke out the factory basically turned all production into military vehicles. Then it was under British Rule - then it was actually VW Factory where the first cars were built and traded for civilian use.

Edited by Mad Max

54 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

I get the video - but why the Vdub logo. 
Please do your research before answering me.

I own a VW I'm offended.

The point was really that while Volkswagen was a German company during WW2, and therefore can't avoid being at least indirectly related to the Nazis, whatever it is today isn't Nazi iconography nor associated with Nazism in any real way.

...Truth be told, I had hoped the video would explain how I'd structured my post as a joke so that it would be interpreted as such, and give some further insight into the art of comedy and help people recognize something that is 'just a joke' as opposed to a properly inflammatory and offensive comment. I'd really like it if more people were informed about how to recognize a joke, and especially how to tell one properly; it'd solve so many problems.

What you should really be offended about is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal

46 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Especially Ford. Henry Ford got a damn medal from the Nazis, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, for his anti-semitism and business support of the Nazis. https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/henry-ford-grand-cross-1938/

For all that we hate the Nazis now, America at the time was really, really different, and outright support for the Nazi party line was just as acceptable as being a liberal, conservative, libertarian or what have you.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

50 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

43 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

I wanted him to answer ;( 

I love learning history - especially of companies products I own or invest money into. I know the history of VW, I'm not that emotionally attached to my Jetta being that I lost the car I loved in Hurricane Harvey, but I have seen a lot of people on multiple platforms say that VW was created by Hitler/nazis and to them I say - look into VW actual history, see the actual chain of events that occurred, what they actually produced during war - who produced it - what VW actually means, especially in that era, (and realize multiple car companies used the same word to sell their own cars) and then look into your own country's history (like America, GM owned Opel division..... and maybe Ford and maybe even mercedes benz, hugo boss, IBM, Coca Cola, Associated Press.....)

I mean, it was a different time - business will always be business, but I mean don't offend me.

Didn't Ford continue business with nazi germany well into the war, including the producton of war materiel and utilization of slave labor? Just an interesting trivia...

EDIT: Ha! @Sir Scarfalot beat me to it!

Edited by Prefonteen

os9LcJK.gif

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The point was really that while Volkswagen was a German company during WW2, and therefore can't avoid being at least indirectly related to the Nazis, whatever it is today isn't Nazi iconography nor associated with Nazism in any real way.

...Truth be told, I had hoped the video would explain how I'd structured my post as a joke so that it would be interpreted as such, and give some further insight into the art of comedy and help people recognize something that is 'just a joke' as opposed to a properly inflammatory and offensive comment. I'd really like it if more people were informed about how to recognize a joke, and especially how to tell one properly; it'd solve so many problems.

What you should really be offended about is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal

Especially Ford. Henry Ford got a damn medal from the Nazis, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, for his anti-semitism and business support of the Nazis. https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/henry-ford-grand-cross-1938/

You offended me and you will be sorry for this. 

Not offended and I was just wondering what the purpose of it being there was considering the actual history of VW wasn't even what most ignorant people portray. You want to read a story about some bullshit company that helped the nazis and were fricky to the americans? Read about GM, GM Opel, Sloan and the extensive investigative reports - talk about collusion, there's a story for ya. American soil frickery.

1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

Didn't Ford continue business with nazi germany well into the war, including the producton of war materiel and utilization of slave labor? Just an interesting trivia...

Actually, not many people know of this but during the war time - american & german ties were cut, including corporations on all I guess 'documented' lines. Companies that were in war territory/Germany had a Reich custodian placed in charge. This custodian didn't work against the company or dismantle anything, but actually engaged in efficiently running it to the best of their ability. Money, funds, assets and all that shit would be locked in escrow and back home in america, that shit couldn't be touched - but the ford scandal, is that they had no control over the labor used in the facility at the time, since they were essentially locked out, however Ford did supply the nazis with a tremendous amount of military equipment. 

As for GM - they were so buddy buddy with the reich and hated democracy here and the president, they knew this war was coming, they actually installed a guy from their board as president who stayed on as their Reich custodian, Luer I believe - spelling? He ran their bidness while GM on the mainland didn't have connections. Once the war was over, they went back over - literally had funds available from all contracts/sales while at war and then proceeded to collect war reparations for ally damage to their facility during a bombing raid to stop the production of war machinery hahahaha. Meanwhile, on american soil GM is raking it in bigtime by participating in tons of schemes to actually buy up mass transit, demolish, addict us to Oil, install buses and all that stuff. 

its interesting history and i'm glad I get to share it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

Actually, not many people know of this but during the war time - american & german ties were cut, including corporations on all I guess 'documented' lines. Companies that were in war territory/Germany had a Reich custodian placed in charge. This custodian didn't work against the company or dismantle anything, but actually engaged in efficiently running it to the best of their ability. Money, funds, assets and all that shit would be locked in escrow and back home in america, that shit couldn't be touched - but the ford scandal, is that they had no control over the labor used in the facility at the time, since they were essentially locked out, however Ford did supply the nazis with a tremendous amount of military equipment. 

As for GM - they were so buddy buddy with the reich and hated democracy here and the president, they knew this war was coming, they actually installed a guy from their board as president who stayed on as their Reich custodian, Luer I believe - spelling? He ran their bidness while GM on the mainland didn't have connections. Once the war was over, they went back over - literally had funds available from all contracts/sales while at war and then proceeded to collect war reparations for ally damage to their facility during a bombing raid to stop the production of war machinery hahahaha. Meanwhile, on american soil GM is raking it in bigtime by participating in tons of schemes to actually buy up mass transit, demolish, addict us to Oil, install buses and all that stuff. 

If I remember correctly, American companies were indeed blocked from doing business with the Reich later on, but before the war actually began was a very different story. The Nazi party engaged in a heck of a lot of international trade, including with Soviet Russia and of course the USA. At the time, it simply wasn't a big deal, just business.

20 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

You offended me and you will be sorry for this. 

Not offended and I was just wondering what the purpose of it being there was considering the actual history of VW wasn't even what most ignorant people portray. You want to read a story about some bullshit company that helped the nazis and were fricky to the americans? Read about GM, GM Opel, Sloan and the extensive investigative reports - talk about collusion, there's a story for ya. American soil frickery.

One word:

Tucker.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Tucker.

48 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

That's actually rather interesting. Thank you for sharing! I might revisit the topic and read up on it in my spare time. :D

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

People forget that being a communist is just as bad as being a Nazi, if you support communist ideology you have no moral ground to stand on.
That capitalism death video is nonsense as well but it seems to keep getting posted.
Only some sort of cuck shares everything he has, this is the real world where individualism is key.  

IpHGyGc.png

2 hours ago, Lightning said:

People forget that being a communist is just as bad as being a Nazi, if you support communist ideology you have no moral ground to stand on.
That capitalism death video is nonsense as well but it seems to keep getting posted.
Only some sort of cuck shares everything he has, this is the real world where individualism is key.  

you sound like you'd take a picture of yourself in a diaper to own the libs

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

I was gonna post something else but love that this has now turned into a generic and educational WW2 thread. 

p.s. Pearl Harbor was an inside job. Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams, now does it?

• Upvote 2

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

6 hours ago, Lightning said:

Who invited Jordan Peterson here? Bad lobster!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, durmij said:

The Rommel thing is a complete non starter. Rommel was scapegoated for the failure to defend France. And his personal investment is irrelevant. He was intrusmental in Nazi military successes which enabled the holocaust. Historical revisionism to try and separate the military from the regime is not possible, as the two are inexorably intertwined.

And you can't just magically declare the Afrika Korps reenvisioned. Symbols have meanings, and histories. It's impossible to control reactions to these symbols and extremely easy for the outcomes of their use to be predicted. You can't just declare that because your Nazi adjacent symbol isn't explicitly referencing Nazism, that people need to accept your distinction.

Look, there's not much to talk about, we say we are obviously not Nazis, you say we are, I try to explain my viewpoint, you try to explain yours. If you don't want to accept my distinction, fine, just don't try to attack this alliance because of that, we are just a group of friends that founded this alliance with the theme of anime and German military design and tactics. Why? Because we thought it was badass, that's it. Btw we talked to Alex and we are allowed in the in-game rules.

Edited by Velium
to make it shorter

10 minutes ago, Velium said:

Look, there's not much to talk about, we say we are obviously not Nazis, you say we are, I try to explain my viewpoint, you try to explain yours. If you don't want to accept my distinction, fine, just don't try to attack this alliance because of that, we are just a group of friends that founded this alliance with the theme of anime and German military design and tactics. Why? Because we thought it was badass, that's it. Btw we talked to Alex and we are allowed in the in-game rules.

Get a treaty with IQ

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.