Suspend forum access for nations with lengthy VM modes.

durmij

Eh, I think otherwise. It's good to be able to see what's going on in pnw. You may have to go for a while and get a few chances to check things here and there. Forums is the best way to know of new alliance and things in general. 

I agree with the OP.

If you go into prolonged VM, it helps to not be distracted by what's going on in PnW. The point of prolonged VM is to get on with your life instead of getting lost in a game.

Edited by Dubayoo

2 hours ago, King Dabs said:

Eh, I think otherwise. It's good to be able to see what's going on in pnw. You may have to go for a while and get a few chances to check things here and there. Forums is the best way to know of new alliance and things in general. 

I'm not sure whether the suggestion is worth the effort, but it wouldn't preclude vacation mode players from viewing the forums; it would only prevent them from posting.  All they'd have to do is log out and they'd be able to see everything.

• Upvote 1

The concern seems to be more about thinking how you would respond if you had the opportunity to do so.

3 hours ago, durmij said:

Plain and simple. No need to enforced it for nations gone for a short while, but if you're gone for 2000+ turns you shouldn't have access to alliance affairs and orbis central.

I agree on this.  Make it Read Only for them.  Disable their ability to post.

• Like 1

LOL, yeah cuz making two forums accounts is a real challenge.....

"I agree on this.  Make it Read Only for them.  Disable their ability to post. "
that could work tho.....

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

Wait, nations in Vacation Mode have the ability to post on the OWF?

Why would you do this? Deadass y'all, why would you do this. If your nation is in VM, you are probably on holiday, or saving children in third-world countries, taking exams, or lawyering up after deleting Facebook and hitting the gym.

• Like 3

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

3 hours ago, Zed said:

Wait, nations in Vacation Mode have the ability to post on the OWF?

Why would you do this? Deadass y'all, why would you do this. If your nation is in VM, you are probably on holiday, or saving children in third-world countries, taking exams, or lawyering up after deleting Facebook and hitting the gym.

Hey look, some people have to make it a point that they'll sue @Zeebrus.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Edward I said:

I'm not sure whether the suggestion is worth the effort, but it wouldn't preclude vacation mode players from viewing the forums; it would only prevent them from posting.  All they'd have to do is log out and they'd be able to see everything.

Well in that case then yeah.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:50 PM, MonkeyDLegend said:

LOL, yeah cuz making two forums accounts is a real challenge.....

It is when you end up getting both your forum accounts suspended for evasion of forum rules.

Several of us have been suggesting removing posting rights for vacation mode players ever since it was first added. It's been shot down every time. With that said, including it for long-term VM would be a good start.

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

6 hours ago, Kurdanak said:

It is when you end up getting both your forum accounts suspended for evasion of forum rules.

Several of us have been suggesting removing posting rights for vacation mode players ever since it was first added. It's been shot down every time. With that said, including it for long-term VM would be a good start.

That situation is a rarity and its not a problem either. I don't understand why you'd want to silence their voice. 
The forums are quiet enough so further limiting those who can contribute to activity isn't wise.

IpHGyGc.png

7 hours ago, Kurdanak said:

i would agree on posting as I said, but denying access to the forum totally from forums during VM isn't a good solution.

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif