Suggestions on self promotions and demotions

Hubotz Greyjoy

I'm suggesting a small change in rank promotions and demotions.

Self demotions: Self demotions should not work if there is no other member in the said rank.
Self promotions: In case of a vacancy, members below rank X should be able to self promote themselves to the next rank, that is X.

no_leader.png.26c93deef62000c775f3ee22db0f539b.png

• Upvote 2

Anyone who holds the rank of Officer, regardless of Vacancy of the Heir or leader positions, is capable of promoting themselves at any time, for any reason, with no input from any other person, to those positions. 

Your first suggestion sort of already exists, a Leader cannot self demote or leave the alliance (without forcibly kicking themselves) if there is no other government. Your second suggestion is already possible.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Lairah said:

Anyone who holds the rank of Officer, regardless of Vacancy of the Heir or leader positions, is capable of promoting themselves at any time, for any reason, with no input from any other person, to those positions.

This is incorrect; Heirs can promote themselves to leaders, but officers cannot promote themselves beyond officer. Officers can promote anyone to officer, though. I just tested this in the test server, so it might be different on main server, but I really doubt it, since it would make couping way too easy.

As for the suggestion, I think it's a good one.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

This is incorrect; Heirs can promote themselves to leaders, but officers cannot promote themselves beyond officer. Officers can promote anyone to officer, though. I just tested this in the test server, so it might be different on main server, but I really doubt it, since it would make couping way too easy.

As for the suggestion, I think it's a good one.

I am on Officer, and i can assure you that i am indeed able to assign heir and leader positions from the drop-down. I'd ask why they are present if this is not the case, though i'm sure my response would be "It's Sheepy."

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lairah said:

I am on Officer, and i can assure you that i am indeed able to assign heir and leader positions from the drop-down. I'd ask why they are present if this is not the case, though i'm sure my response would be "It's Sheepy."

Alright, have you actually tried? It exists on the drop down list, but when I made the attempt to actually do it, it told me that I did not in fact have the right permissions.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lairah said:

Your first suggestion sort of already exists, a Leader cannot self demote or leave the alliance (without forcibly kicking themselves) if there is no other government. Your second suggestion is already possible.

You can view options to promote anyone to heir, if the position you hold is an officer. But you cannot execute such a promotion. A Leader can self demote him/her anytime.

10 hours ago, Lairah said:

10 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Alright, have you actually tried? It exists on the drop down list, but when I made the attempt to actually do it, it told me that I did not in fact have the right permissions.

Officers cannot promote to heir or leader.

• 2 weeks later...