Even Out Raids

Wendell

I think to reduce damage from raiders there should be a mutual reduction system for players attacking from same alliance. For example a player can have only 60000 soldiers and may have to defend against 3 timed that=180000 soldiers. A example of mutual reduction would be: If the attacker establishes ground control, decrease second and third attackers max deployment by 60% and 75% respectively. Same thing with or other units. Thanks

• Downvote 12

This just devalues coordination and makes alliances' much weaker, if your being attacked by three people, then you should get your allies and alliance members to assist.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

First and foremost, no. Like Ukunaka said, you need to be coordinated and on point, with combat-ready nations quickly responding to attacks. You also need a smooth set of member scores such that there's always at least a few nations that are stronger than the average raider, ready to counter and thus deplete the raider's military. Remember, while the raid teams can do it to you... you can do it to them. Aggression must be rewarded, not discouraged; it's already discouraged enough politically.

Second, what is even with that font, it is seriously putting me on tilt, never use it again

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Ukunaka said:

This just devalues coordination and makes alliances' much weaker, if your being attacked by three people, then you should get your allies and alliance members to assist.

Well that is part of the point of it. Everyone doesn't want to be in alliance. It can stop alliance raids and micro alliance bullying.

It also isn't fun to be attacked right out of beige and not being to build up fast enough due to being wiped clean out by three down declares...

• Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Deulos said:

Everyone doesn't want to be in alliance.

Then you'll have to figure out a way play the game without changing the mechanics. The game is very obviously setup to encourage teamwork. If you don't want to be apart of a unit either adapt your play style, find the best way to utilise your solo-play style or perhaps consider that this game isn't for you. 

• Upvote 1

No need for personal attacks. I like the game and therefore it is for me. My experience is different from yours. I was in BIG alliances and when I get attacked by random raiders no one comes to my defense. What is the point of an alliance if yo I get raided anyway?

2 minutes ago, Codonian said:

Then you'll have to figure out a way play the game without changing the mechanics. The game is very obviously setup to encourage teamwork. If you don't want to be apart of a unit either adapt your play style, find the best way to utilise your solo-play style or perhaps consider that this game isn't for you. 

• Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

No need for personal attacks. I like the game and therefore it is for me. My experience is different from yours. I was in BIG alliances and when I get attacked by random raiders no one comes to my defense. What is the point of an alliance if yo I get raided anyway?

I'm interested in where that personal attack was? Please do not slander me just because you did not like what i commented. There was no personal attack.

Edit: @Alex I believe I should be banned for my scathing personal attack on this poor fellow.

Edited by Codonian
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Deulos said:

Considering your alliance, i wonder why you're surprised you get raided. I raided your leader and not only did he not do a thing about it, he didn't even try to invoke any treaties to do anything about it. 

I'm not sure what big alliance you were in, wherein you got attacked and they didn't protect you, i'm guessing they weren't so big. Even smaller alliances do that. Even MY alliance does that, infact i'm often the person that dispatches them to do so. So i'm really not sure where you're getting this narrative from, any respectable alliance will protect it's members, and most alliances in the top 50 fall under that category. I think Arrgh may be the only exception, they only sometimes counter. If they feel like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 5/20/2018 at 1:05 PM, Deulos said:

...What is the point of an alliance if yo I get raided anyway?

None

On 5/20/2018 at 3:14 PM, Lairah said:

...I'm not sure what big alliance you were in, wherein you got attacked and they didn't protect you, i'm guessing they weren't so big. Even smaller alliances do that. Even MY alliance does that, infact i'm often the person that dispatches them to do so. So i'm really not sure where you're getting this narrative from, any respectable alliance will protect it's members, and most alliances in the top 50 fall under that category. I think Arrgh may be the only exception, they only sometimes counter. If they feel like it.

Exactly as she said, if your alliance isn't helping you in any way, by countering, or buffing you up to where you can take out the raider yourself or calling in some allies or mercs, then the problem isn't the game the problem is your alliance or you.

Edited by Ukunaka
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Deulos said:

I was in BIG alliances and when I get attacked by random raiders no one comes to my defense. What is the point of an alliance if yo I get raided anyway?

Then your alliance sucks. This is what should happen. 

E7eK8xa.png?1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

6 hours ago, Deulos said:

Then the large alliance you were part of sucks.  Find a better one that will actively help you.

The post above shows what should happen.

——

Edit:  Just looked at your history.  You’re an active raider getting countered.  No wonder.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2

@AlexWow this is just a suggestion and I get creamed left and right? Just wow I didn't know it is was so serious.

Just really? is just a suggestion I'm not the game creator so I can't change anything. Maybe I hit a nerve?

Maybe it's troll week or something

7 hours ago, Codonian said:

I'm interested in where that personal attack was? Please do not slander me just because you did not like what i commented. There was no personal attack.

Edit: @Alex I believe I should be banned for my scathing personal attack on this poor fellow.

@Alex I would have to say that this user is quite hostile to game suggestions! 

• Downvote 3

The interesting thing is that I see similar suggestions and everyone on that thread is mannerable and respectable. 

7 hours ago, Lairah said:

Considering your alliance, i wonder why you're surprised you get raided. I raided your leader and not only did he not do a thing about it, he didn't even try to invoke any treaties to do anything about it. 

I'm not sure what big alliance you were in, wherein you got attacked and they didn't protect you, i'm guessing they weren't so big. Even smaller alliances do that. Even MY alliance does that, infact i'm often the person that dispatches them to do so. So i'm really not sure where you're getting this narrative from, any respectable alliance will protect it's members, and most alliances in the top 50 fall under that category. I think Arrgh may be the only exception, they only sometimes counter. If they feel like it.

Yeah I was part of Black Knights. They seem to be unconcerned. I was former Zodiac until they made a terrible decision to merge with  BK. They countered well.

Edited by Deulos
mistake
  • Downvote 5

7 hours ago, Deulos said:

@AlexWow this is just a suggestion and I get creamed left and right? Just wow I didn't know it is was so serious.

Just really? is just a suggestion I'm not the game creator so I can't change anything. Maybe I hit a nerve?

Maybe it's troll week or something

@Alex I would have to say that this user is quite hostile to game suggestions! 

You needed to ping Alex 2 times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The only thing i would say i would be ok with, as far as nerfing 3v1's, is the defeat infra damage from being bieged (and reduce the biege timer added by consecutive bieges to balance it) the 2nd and 3rd defeat after being bieged should do slightly less % infrastructure damage. 

that would be an example of a suggestion

your post is more or less because you don't want to get countered and not actually about game balance, you even specifically singled out nations in the same alliance instead of just general 3v1's because subzero countered you last week when you tried to raid them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Ukunaka said:

The only thing i would say i would be ok with, as far as nerfing 3v1's, is the defeat infra damage from being bieged (and reduce the biege timer added by consecutive bieges to balance it) the 2nd and 3rd defeat after being bieged should do slightly less % infrastructure damage. 

that would be an example of a suggestion

your post is more or less because you don't want to get countered and not actually about game balance, you even specifically singled out nations in the same alliance instead of just general 3v1's because subzero countered you last week when you tried to raid them.

No. Alex already significantly reduced infrastructure damage done on beiging for raids. You to 25% as much infra damage in a raid type war as you did before this update. If i airstrike someone, in a raid war, with all 1080 of my planes, against their infrastructure, unopposed, i'll do maybe 90-100 damage. If i did the same on attrition, i would be in the ball park of 300.

They're already doing you a saving grace as far as infrastructure goes by raiding you instead of declaring attrition.

Edited by Lairah
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lairah said:

No. Alex already significantly reduced infrastructure damage done on beiging for raids. You to 25% as much infra damage in a raid type war as you did before this update. If i airstrike someone, in a raid war, with all 1080 of my planes, against their infrastructure, unopposed, i'll do maybe 90-100 damage. If i did the same on attrition, i would be in the ball park of 300.

They're already doing you a saving grace as far as infrastructure goes by raiding you instead of declaring attrition.

and i will accept and respect your view/criticism of my suggestion instead of throwing a hissy fit and downvoting everyone that doesn't agree with my suggestion.

also i didn't really state any war type i meant in general and only the % lost in the end by consecutive bieging, as well as the timers so the bieged nation has less added time under protection when losing multiple wars.

and in reality i don't really care about it that much, i was just pointing out that his "suggestion" is highly biased towards his current circumstances and instead of a suggestion his post is more of a "im losing because of my bad choices, make the game easier for me to continue making bad choices with less consequences" post

Edited by Ukunaka
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 5/21/2018 at 11:53 PM, Ukunaka said:

and i will accept and respect your view/criticism of my suggestion instead of throwing a hissy fit and downvoting everyone that doesn't agree with my suggestion.

What? But its okay for you to do it? You started to down vote my initial suggestion and everything I said afterwards. You're just being petty for no reason. 

And professional raiders like you all are they main ones attacking people in the same alliance. Don't try to project you actions unto me!

I was cordial and nice at first but you all wanted to attack me personally....on a freaking forum about a game. LOL

Lighten tf up!!

• Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

What? But its okay for you to do it? You started to down vote my initial suggestion and everything I said afterwards. You're just being petty for no reason. 

And professional raiders like you all are they main ones attacking people in the same alliance. Don't try to project you actions unto me!

I was cordial and nice at first but you all wanted to attack me personally....on a freaking forum about a game. LOL

Lighten tf up!!

Professional raider? i don't raid active nations, yet all of your active wars are against active nations, you're the raider here don't act like you're not.
the only wars i have had against active nations have all been counters & revenge attacks i even peace out with any inactive that returns to power without extorting them like most people do.

and i did it in response to you, i upvoted everyone that you downvoted and then downvoted your posts.

as to the original post downvotes thats how people vote whether it is a good or bad idea in this forum
but you decided to downvote them for disagreeing with you

Edited by Ukunaka
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1