Live from Baghdad-Shifty News Network Reporting in

10 hours ago, Lairah said:

It's my understanding that Pantheon's government would typically vote on such a change. This leaves one of two possibilities. Fist either changed it himself, consulting no one, which is illegal, OR, Fist removed anyone who would be in opposition, replaced them with supporters, and then changed it. Neither of these is exactly what anyone would call legal. 

As I mentioned in the other thread, I think we’ve reached the time where everyone is just restating their points. I'm sure we could go back and forth with this endlessly, but it would just be a waste of all of our time as we repeat ourselves. I will say though that to call it illegal there has to be reference to a law, and not what certain people think is ethically right or wrong. To my understanding, their charter stated that all members of gov are there at the Titan’s will, and the Titan can add or remove anyone. So, is it right? That is a real question each member should consider. Though Is it illegal? That is a different question.

When some members of the prior gov that have been ousted and now oppose the current gov from within TCW have stated clearly that they don’t believe it to be a coup, I think it is easy to come to the conclusion that there are at minimum quite a few ‘gray areas’ on the matter.

20 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

-- snippet --

Now I'm envisioning a tornado hitting a sewage plant and creating a literal shit storm.

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

Oh shit, good idea. I'll come up with some ways it could theoretically happen, and then fling some theses at them.

Edited by Flame of the Flawed
made the bad joke better
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

11 hours ago, Lairah said:

It's my understanding that Pantheon's government would typically vote on such a change. This leaves one of two possibilities. Fist either changed it himself, consulting no one, which is illegal, OR, Fist removed anyone who would be in opposition, replaced them with supporters, and then changed it. Neither of these is exactly what anyone would call legal. 

Woah thats a lot of e-lawyering and strong claims there. Can the Titan hire/fire folks at his/her will? Can a Titan also nominate their successor? If yes to both questions, then its not really illegal :3 

20 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Woah thats a lot of e-lawyering and strong claims there. Can the Titan hire/fire folks at his/her will? Can a Titan also nominate their successor? If yes to both questions, then its not really illegal :3 

If you speak to any Pantheon members, especially the government, you will learn that appointment of new Government is voted on by the other government. It seems to work on a "A nominates  F for these reasons, vote." sort of thing. Firing perhaps, but i do believe appointment is supposed to have some semblance of democracy to it. That being said, i also assume a Titan could nominate their successor, and it would likely follow a similar process of the rest of gov voting to confirm this nomination. That is a rather logical process, especially when you consider recent events being what happens if they don't confirm and you do it anyway. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Lairah said:

If you speak to any Pantheon members, especially the government, you will learn that appointment of new Government is voted on by the other government. It seems to work on a "A nominates  F for these reasons, vote." sort of thing. Firing perhaps, but i do believe appointment is supposed to have some semblance of democracy to it. That being said, i also assume a Titan could nominate their successor, and it would likely follow a similar process of the rest of gov voting to confirm this nomination. That is a rather logical process, especially when you consider recent events being what happens if they don't confirm and you do it anyway. 

Doesn't matter if its a logical process. You're essentially assuming a lot of things and therefore creating a narrative which isn't entirely helpful in this case. Answer me those question based on Pantheon law and I'll buy your claims.

From what I've read or know of their charter, the appointment of the Titan must be voted upon by all other Olympians. Unless thats the new charter or something. So the only question then really is, was the procedures set in the charter followed for the accession of the new Titan or not. If any present Panth gov wishes to answer that, it'd pretty much clear up the silly discussions on the illegality or whatever. Let those answers come forth and then folks can discuss further. Moreover, the question on changing the charter, once again if the rules were explicitly not followed, then the change would be illegal. But thats for Pantheon members to decide. Moreover, if those who stay believe that its alright and legitimise the changes and their leadership, then by all means thats fine too. But to spin narratives on legalities really come down to the charter and at the end of the day their own internal community. 

Any and all discussions apart from that is basically opinions/hot air that's wrapped up to look like some pedantic discourse on this forums, and that annoys the living daylights outta me. 

Edited by Shadowthrone