American Embassy In Jerusalem - My Thoughts

Prince Louis II

So on May 14th, 2018 the United States moved it's embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Historically since the late stages of 1990 the US Presidents could have moved the Embassy to Jerusalem, but they all declined to move the Embassy and keep it in Tel Aviv.

I personally think that this was huge for the Trump Administration and he is delivering on his campaign promises. Moving the Embassy to Jerusalem will increase our tradeship with Israel and will increase relations with Israel. The United States having strong relations with Israel will benefit both the United States and Israel for military, diplomatic relations, and trade. Now of course the Palestinians are going to protest this move that the United States made, but it shows that Donald Trump is not scared to deal with them.

All in all I think this was a great move towards eventual peace in Israel and our friendship with Israel.

1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

100px-Seal_of_an_Embassy_of_the_United_States_of_America.svg.png

125px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png

His Serene Highness Louis II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco, Duke of Valentinois, Duke of Estouteville, Duke of Mazarin, Duke of Mayenne, Prince of Château-Porcien, Marquis of Baux, Marquis of Chilly-Mazarin, Marquis of Guiscard, Marquis of Bailli, Count of Polignac, Count of Carladès.

louis_2medcol - Edited.jpg

Lets just sweep some of the repercussions of an ill-thought out move (considering the current Middle Eastern political climate) under the rug, shall we?

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44123116http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44124556)

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

I backed this move when it was in the works  and still back it. 

All of our past presidents only call about their current and future political agenda and not the people that actually supported and voted for them. What we needed was someone who wasn't of that mindset - sure there are some things I wish trump didn't do, mainly his twitter - but all-in-all, much respect for the POTUS. 

#keepamericagreat

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Personally speaking, not really a great fan of it due to that know murdering several paths to peace between Israel and Palestine. That, and I'd also like the Middle East not to be a perpetual bonfire for the rest of my life, which this doesn't help. And finally, really hoping the GOP popped the diplomatic security budget up since last time, since I got a feeling there's a lot more risk in Jerusalem rather than Tel Aviv.

This decision was utter failure from the beginning. The embassy should never be moved to Jerusalem. There are reasons why it shouldn't of moved. This decision will hant the US until a President moves it back to Tel Aviv. Trump was only appeasing Netanyahu and his base. The israelis, palestinians, our allies, and most of the world see this as another disaster already happening.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Diomedes said:

There are reasons why it shouldn't of moved.

Man, I love these debates. So much information gets posted here it's almost hard to read it all. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Looking back at this thread and learning more about the move, I'm still for it. 

I know a lot of people keep saying 'reasons' - but I mean, what are those reasons. You could say everything that the shitty fake news network is saying. I think given the history there, they have the absolute right to call Jerusalem the capital - I believe the USA actually recognizing that and not bending over to the middle east is a strong move and hella respected. 

If you know anything of history you would know that Israel bossed the frick out of that region. Insanely amazing strategy and military might to cripple egypt, syria, and jordan. The only reason this isn't a respected thing is because the UN, which is basically a bunch of !@#$s and absolutely fricking useless, says that it is. 

I prefer some solid allies and I believe Trump does too. This move takes our lips off the asses of all those other !@#$s in the middle east and actually puts us in our own standing, as a nation, with our ally.

8 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I know a lot of people keep saying 'reasons' - but I mean, what are those reasons. You could say everything that the shitty fake news network is saying. I think given the history there, they have the absolute right to call Jerusalem the capital - I believe the USA actually recognizing that and not bending over to the middle east is a strong move and hella respected. 

A big issue is that the Middle East is an incredibly unstable region politically. In this case there are two main groups of people in the region with a lot of history/belonging (or whatever), and conflicting ideas. Like it or not, both have claims to the region/city, and having a very powerful nation make a move that strongly favours one of those groups over the other is going to cause contention and unrest (see the links in my other post in this thread) - that is by no means a good thing.

Surely it's best to handle foreign affairs with more tact as opposed to making what is considered a fairly large decision without at least some sort of effort to consult all parties it could affect?

It feels there's possibly a tad more at stake from this than just the US strengthening allies and getting trade deals or whatever..

• Upvote 1

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png