Lambdagrad News Channel - Episode XV

Kamea Arano

N5eWFcC.png

Staying Relevant since 2013.. Not.

Good evening Lambdagrad. My name is Karin Rokkaku, You all may know me as the lady that has been a corespondent of World News Agencies for Asia. Featherine has recently allowed the Lambdagrad News Channel to be broadcasted worldwide once again. The outside world is scary anyways, too many tourists here in Lambdagrad. I know, i know. "Karin shut the hell up and read the news headlines" every broadcast i do has no cue cards so this is unscripted and i tend to ramble like Featherine. Let's begin.

The Rokkaku Corporation acquires Masako Laboratories

Kastelgrad-based company Masako Laboratories was bought out by The Rokkaku Corporation for $12 Billion USD. They were allowed to keep the name but CEO Hiroshi Rokkaku is assigning them to weapons research following tests made on willing individuals at the Lambdagrad Medical Centre. The Lambdagrad Institute of Technology has leaked part of their projects called Project Sabre. Project Sabre is a 60-page declassified document released by Rokkaku Research that will genetically augment humans to have no moral restraint and be mentally ready for their supersoldier program. Featherine is not challenging this since in International Law. The Rokkaku Corporation (despite being based in the Meta Board) is not governed by any nation therefore has no laws or regulations that stop them from this biological weapon program. The Rokkaku Corporation we predict will be watched by several countries including the Meta Board since this leak. The Rokkaku Corporation may be hosting a recruitment drive in the coming weeks in universities to hire the greatest minds for this ambitious project. The Rokkaku Corporation has announced a budget raise in the Lambdagrad Medical Centre as well to keep maintenance up-to-code with the rest of the Meta Board's infrastructure. We've reached out to the corporate offices of Rokkaku for a comment and will update as soon as we get it.

The 2018 Lambdagrad Grand Prix

The 2018 Grand Prix is being hosted in Lambdagrad on the 20th. Featherine is inviting drivers from around the world to race in a 150-lap circuit around the city of Lambdagrad. Sign-ups are open right now! To participate, contact Featherine with the names of the drivers and she'll put them on the list. I will be co-hosting the event on this channel so don't miss it! It'll be a fun event for everyone. The race will be sponsored by the Oribisu Car Company. They've provided funds for the materials needed for the race and we're very thankful for it.

Customs Office Regulations Change

The Department of Foreign Affairs has announced that they're changing customs laws following complaints of the difficulty of entering the Meta Board. Visitors are STILL required to be issued a Visitor's Card to set foot in the Meta Board. However the prerequisites have been lowered to make it /slightly/ easier to obtain one without jeopardizing security for the people inside the country

Customs policy changes

• Visitors are now required to show FOUR documents to prove your identity, age, and current residence.
  • The customs office will also check visitors for criminal activity issued by local law enforcement in their home country.
  • A valid passport is required.. This is obvious.
  • Diplomats must have a Diplomat License on them. The license will be issued at a Meta Board Consulate prior to your travel. 
  • Weapons are strictly prohibited in the Meta Board. If a weapon is found on a visitor they will be detained and extradited. Resistance will lead to their immediate killing.
  • Contraband is also prohibited. Same punishment will be carried out if found.
  • We do not accept refugees or people seeking Asylum. They will be sent back. However we do grant Asylum under special circumstances.

Immigration changes

• A medical examination paper is required.
  • If you're here to enroll in the universities we provide you MUST have transcripts of the previous school you've attended.
  • The customs policy does apply here as well. You must have a visitor's card when applying for Permanent Residency.
  • The Meta Board is a bilingual nation. People seeking residency must speak fluent English AND Japanese.
  • Those wishing to move here will be interviewed and also be required to take a 30-question test.

More laws and regulations are listed on the government website.

This concludes today's broadcast of the Lambdagrad News Channel. Good night Orbis.

• Upvote 1