Operation Return Fire

20:00, Hungadada North Atlantic Naval Command

"IHNS Zeus, this is Hotel November Alpha. Please give your current location, over."

"Roger, Hotel November, IHNS Zeus is currently at Waypoint Mike, heading six six north east, speed at 35 knots, over."

"Roger, IHNS Zeus, you have been reassigned. New target: head toward Isles of Death. Maintain perimeter around Isles until further notice. IHNS Panther will contact you with full operational instructions via SAT 1. Be aware, this is a Sierra Lima, this is a Sierra Lima. Over and out"

--

OPSEC MESSAGE via SAT 1:: || OP DETAILS ISLES OF DEATH |||| OPERATION RETURN FIRE (SL)

Imperial Hungadadian Navy Carrier Strike Group Alpha to head towards Isles of Death passing Waypoint Delta All other current operations are to be dropped. Current operation reassigned to OPERATION RETURN FIRE. Details of operation are as follows:

In the past few months, Hungadada Intelligence Service (HIS) has obtained intelligence strongly suggesting that the Anti-Hungadada Movement (AHM) is operating within the Isles of Death. Intelligence suggests the AHM are re-forming and are meeting with known associates to plan for a better future. HIS intelligence suggests all major leaders (including provincial and city leaders) of AHM factions are present on isles. HIS suggests strong possibility that up to 5000 AHM members are also present on isles. The Palace has issued orders to secure the isles, and apprehend all suspects. The Imperial Hungadadian Navy Carrier Strike Group Alpha has been assigned to blockade and apprehend. 

MISSION GOAL: Blockade the Isles of Death and begin operations to apprehend all suspects. 

AVAILABLE UNITS: Carrier Strike Group Alpha 

COMMAND: IHNS Panther (contact on ext. 9001)

AIRCRAFT/DRONES: YES/YES

SUBMERSIBLES: YES

RESERVE BACKUP: Available on request (ETA 36 hours)

PRIORITY: Strike Level (Internal Alarm System 2) [IAS 2]

VESSELS OPERATING: IHNS Panther, IHNS Zeus, IHNS Lionsgate, IHNS Phoenix, IHNS Taurus, IHNS Fury, IHNS Jackson, IHNS Bach, IHNS Future, IHNS Bear

WARNINGS: AHM members may be heavily armed and may be resistant to any form of apprehension. In the event of a life-threatening struggle, lethal force is authorised. DO NOT engage target(s) until sufficient ground and air backup is in place.

AHM members may utilise small boats, lifeboats or dinghies in order to avoid blockade. Drones should pursue, with marines placed in RRV for apprehension.

All marines and sailors must have at least one firearm (loaded with extra ammunition), one taser (with extra cartridges) a two way radio (with spare batteries) a flashlight (with spare batteries), pepper spray, baton, and handcuffs stored in their tool belt on their person at all times. AHM members have been known to attempt kidnapping and/or sabotage of vessels under cover of darkness. REMAIN ALERT AND VIGILANT AT ALL TIMES. 

[END OF MESSAGE]

-------

20:10, Bridge of the IHNS Panther, somewhere in the North Atlantic, 

"Admiral, phone call on line 3. From the Palace", said the first officer. The Admiral, looking out toward the murky horizon through binoculars nodded. He put them down, and walked over to the phone. Pressing the button for line 3, he picked up the phone. "Good evening, this is Admiral Bainridge aboard the IHNS Panther." "Admiral Bainridge, please hold for the Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada" replied a voice on the other end. 

"Admiral Bainridge!" came the unusually cheery voice of the Emperor. This late in the evening, and after a busy day of economics and other laborious tasks, it was not normal for the Emperor to be cheery. Yet, he was. "Good evening, your Majesty", replied the Admiral. "Admiral, as you already know, you've been tasked with heading Operation Return Fire. Naturally, I know that your 45 years in the Navy will serve you well in ensuring that this operation is a success. Nonetheless, I expect your resignation letter on my desk as soon as your operational command is over.", said the Emperor cooly. There was a pause. The Admiral was breathing a little more heavily now. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead. He adjusted his collar. The friendliness was gone. "Your Majesty, I can't do that. It would...", began the Admiral, half exasperated, half-angry. The Emperor interrupted: "Admiral Bainridge, you are a smart man. I think you know that a resignation on your part would save you a lot of face. Imagine if your family, your country, and the world came to know of what you've done. Do you really think you want to fight this?" There was another pause, a longer one. "Your Majesty, with all due respect, I must strongly object to these terms. I cannot... will not do this!" yelled the Admiral down the phone. The officers on the bridge looked up curiously. "Have it your way, Admiral", came the reply. The dial tone. 

-----------

21:00, Hungadada News Service, John Edgar Newsroom, Port Royalty

"Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening and welcome to HNS News. I'm your host, Nancy Parker, and this is the news at 9: 'Sources from the DSDH have confirmed to HNS that a military security operation is underway in the North Atlantic. These sources have confirmed that this current operation, known as Operation Return Fire, is focused around the Isles of Death. Our DSDH correspondent, James Allen has more:

"Thank you Nancy. The DSDH confirmed to HNS today that the largest ever military security operation in modern Hungadadian history is now taking place in the North Atlantic. Sources tell HNS that one carrier strike group -that is, 10 navy ships, including an aircraft carrier, destroyers, frigates and submarines- are converging on the Isles of Death, a group of islands in the North Atlantic known for their iconic cliffs, and their deadly waters. Our sources tell us that over the last few months, the Hungadadian Intelligence Service has monitored a significant amount of AHM rebels moving over to the island. The intelligence collected by the agency suggests that there is some sort of meeting happening there. The navy will be blockading the Isles until further notice, with the goal being the arrest of as many members as possible. Back to you, Nancy."

"Thank you James. I have here with me HNS' defence analyst Watson Hall. Watson, what can you tell us about this move by the government to apprehend the AHM?" 

"Well Nancy, from the information I've been given, this is certainly the largest step that modern Hungadada has taken in the fight against the AHM. From what I've been told, this operation is being run and commanded by the Palace, rather than the DSDH, which is unusual, and only goes to show how serious the government is with this particular operation. The AHM apparently has been planning this meeting for months, with hundreds of members travelling to the islands for their meeting. If this operation is successful, and I have no doubts that it will be; it could be the real first step towards the beginning of the end of the AHM."

------

21:10, Bridge of the IHNS Panther, somewhere in the North Atlantic, 

"Attention, attention, this is the IHNS Panther. We have eyes on the Isles of Death. Orders are clear, follow directions on SAT 2. Blockade, blockade. Deck warning is now level 3. Contact command via SAT 4. With proud hearts, do your solemn duty to your country."
---
TO BE CONTINUED
(Isles of Death are in reference to May claims to the islands in the North Atlantic)
  • Upvote 1

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada