Clarke

Baseball Needs Some Tweaking

7 hours ago, Yang_Cheng said:

My idea, Simply remove the Away/Home part of baseball.  Just have a single option to play baseball.  When you play baseball, it would make your team play the other team once in your home field, and once in their home field.  Winners still take some more for winning.  This would effectively be a built-in 50-50 system, also it would allow for everyone to play with everyone else without really getting salty about leeching.

This is just my simple idea, if you disagree, tell me what you would like to change.

It's better than embargoing and it's simple enough to code. Has my support.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

It's better than embargoing and it's simple enough to code. Has my support.

I'd still add in the Embargo feature so i'm not being paired up with 1.27 score teams that bring me next to nothing. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/15/2018 at 6:05 PM, Lightning said:

adding embargoing to that system is severely going to disrupt that system mainly by slowing down the rate at which games are played if people are embargoing others and removing their contact with other players.

It will only slow it down for players who only leech, like you, and will be instantly embargoed. For the rest it will increase baseball played as they are not timing baseball to avoid players like you.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

It will only slow it down for players who only leech, like you, and will be instantly embargoed. For the rest it will increase baseball played as they are not timing baseball to avoid players like you.

It seems I need to up my game ;)

• Downvote 1

Which is more logical, sitting on a home game with 20 other players for 10 minutes waiting for someone else to play away games and making 0 money or playing a few away games to get other people to play away games so you all get a few home games in there as well? You have to give a little to get a lot. It's really not that hard to understand.

• Upvote 1

Well, sometimes it doesn't go that way.  I normal try to play a few home games to see if people are playing away.  If not, I would go play a while of away, then go back to home.  And normally, no one plays away anyways.  

If people switch between home and away I'm definally fine with leeching.

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2018 at 3:00 PM, Yang_Cheng said:

Well, sometimes it doesn't go that way.  I normal try to play a few home games to see if people are playing away.  If not, I would go play a while of away, then go back to home.  And normally, no one plays away anyways.  

If people switch between home and away I'm definally fine with leeching.

I guess you not on enough to see that I do play away games to see how fast those leeches that go right back to home games right away 

Screw 30 to get a player up to speed...my last player took 144 ($20k) clicks. That's almost $2.9M for those looking for cash.

I (obviously) don't play for the money, but if I wanted to leach, hell yeah I would! When I try to play away, there are usually only 2-4 teams to play before I can go Host, so as I see it the new policy would only make it worse. But as already stated, the game just a time and money waster...get over it!