More on War

Roq

I've been playing this game for roughly eighty-days, and during this period I have wondered if there could be a way to better the game as a whole. I have been in a few wars, a few with inactives, a few with people who couldn't touch my military while online, and some with people who're military I couldn't beat. What would be a fun idea, if short-lived, would be nations untouched for longer than fourteen days or two weeks, can lose their nation if they lose a raid. I also think that after this raid has been done, the raider should also have ownership of this nation, the second nation for them. I'm not saying that this nation is going to be able to join a different alliance but would be a second nation, or the second form of income to their first nation. As to not make it completely overpowered, only the original nation will be able to keep a military; the second nation can only be used for money and resources. It will hopefully increase the active people, showing them that if they don't log in every fourteen days, then they may have an issue. And it will also be a bit of an incentive towards active people to raid to their heart's content. Players will be limited to only one add-on nation. 

The second mechanic that I want to bring up on the table is nukes and missiles. What I think would be a good idea for nuclear weapons and missiles, is to limit their use. It makes almost to no sense that a nation without ships or aircraft can missile or nuke a nation to the ground. What I think would be a better way to nerf the Nuclear and Missile strategy, would be to require them to be able to send aircraft or ships to nuke or missile a nation. It would be a simple fix (probably not in programming) that would encourage members to avoid just having missiles or nuclear weapons on them. If this plan were to take place, I would also suggest a slight buff to nuclear weapons and Missiles, showing that while they're harder to use, the payout will still be worth it. 

My final idea has been talked about a lot. The Peace offering option. Regarding Surrender by Bortwald, they want a system that allows you to offer peace for something. Johnny Costello, in 2017, wrote in his forum post Peace Offerings for Truce wrote that a nation could send peace, and either request resources, or send resources should the peace be accepted. This would, in theory, completely dissuade people from making a peace deal, and not going through with it. It would, in essence, be the game protecting the winner of the war, from not getting paid. Just a slight idea. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

To respond to the second paragraph: We're using ICBMs, self-contained and propelled nuclear or conventional ordnance that doesn't require conventional militaries to deliver their payloads. And this is a good thing, since their most important and valuable property from a game balance perspective is that they're a tactical or strategic weapon to be used against arbitrarily more powerful foes so that everyone has some potential option to do damage to their opponents. Eliminating that would be a real problem.

To respond to the third paragraph, that would be a really good thing to implement. Be it reparations or ransom, people pay for peace all the time; a mechanical convenience to ensure that it goes smoothly would be a good.

To respond to the first paragraph...

SELLING NATIONS $1BILLION EACH MSG FOR DETAILS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love the third idea...  the others seem too...  exploitive... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

5 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

8 days

Stupid

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

1 minute ago, Unlimited said:

eighty-five days to be exact, still don't see what the "8 days" was referring to, unless I'm not getting a joke. 

4 minutes ago, Citrustrack said:

eighty-five days to be exact, still don't see what the "8 days" was referring to, unless I'm not getting a joke. 

joke about how i read it wrong, im a little tired sorry

fourm2.png.cb775498c7f188941c4f54b5ff29f34f.pngfourmthing3.png.0537709b9b8d019542a96c0c23c84b87.png

Pretty creative idea, but it does eliminate anyone returning to the game after a hiatus. It’s one thing to find out your nation was raided to oblivion its another to find out you don’t even own a nation you worked months or years on. As well it would be incredibly unbalanced as one raid of an inactive would give millions maybe billions worth of infra in essence why raid actives when an inactive gives you a whole nation fir half the work. An NPC based nation that gives you a slot with a set improvement may be more balanced. 

PS. That last idea sounds great as long as an Alliance can offer on their behalf even blockade...... or just don’t be an ass and pay up..........

Edited by Samuel Bates

Secure. Contain. Protect.

5E64D7A3-C94A-437C-B065-38CB4D07C484.jpeg