Passage of IC Time

I'm gonna suggest adding a rule (shocking, I know) regarding the passage of time in-character. It seems that each nation is following something different, with some using the real-life time and date, and others using a past or future date. There's also the issue of players abbreviating an in-character year to a short period of time IRL, which could be used to circumvent the rule regarding development within a reasonable amount of time. While I do believe there should be an abbreviation of time, I'd suggest first making it reasonable, and second, stating what the abbreviation is so everyone can see it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

As far as I recall, time passes the same way it does in the primary game. That was the official rule in NatRP when I asked long ago, and it's the rule I've stuck with. 1 ooc day = 12 ic days. 1 ooc month is 1 ic year. So on and so forth.

Edited by Spectral

2 hours ago, Spectral said:

As far as I recall, time passes the same way it does in the primary game. That was the official rule in NatRP when I asked long ago, and it's the rule I've stuck with. 1 ooc day = 12 ic days. 1 ooc month is 1 ic year. So on and so forth.

This seems pretty reasonable to me. It also works out nicely that one calendar week is about 3 months. Using that calendar, OrgRP should currently be around 2033-2034 (?). I think that works pretty well on a macro-level, but it does mean if you have person-level RP (e.g. interactions with other diplomats, stories about local characers of any length) it might have to be fudged a bit so it can fit into the standard time-line. 

I will definitely have to update some things in my backstory to bring it in line with the current calendar if that's what we're going with.

• Upvote 1

In that case, I'll probably include that in the map thread where everyone will (hopefully) see it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Reuben Cheuk said:

With some of my RPs, like Bloodless Wounds, I've been using OOC time, as I'm unable to write fast enough to pack a year into a month. Is that alright?

Yeah. I usually use real-life time.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1