Dubayoo's $1Billion KofC Giveaway

Dubayoo

I was surprised to see KoC and it actually be about the Knights haha. 

I'm on the road to confirmation, so I can't technically join yet. But I see you ?

The hate will flow in, as it already is, but neat idea. Cheers, stranger. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

I have very mixed feelings about this... until I formulate a proper response I'll offer 5mil to anyone who joins the Satanic Temple and posts proof:

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/join-us

I guess that's the difference between us.

I offer something not just for membership, but also a demonstration of character. Quality comes before quantity. You can join the KofC but still get nothing if you don't write an applicable paper.

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I believe the words I am looking for are... Are you kidding me?  Just leave.

lol

Envy is a sin. You should learn to control it instead of trying to control those you envy.

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

I have very mixed feelings about this... until I formulate a proper response I'll offer 5mil to anyone who joins the Satanic Temple and posts proof:

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/join-us

I know this is kind of a joke, but for real, Satanists are probably, on the balance the nicest most understanding religious denomination I've ever dealt with, followed closely by Pagans. If you're looking for a religious community but don't feel you fit in anywhere else, they're probably worth a shot.

And I say this as an ardent atheist, who would only rank his fellows number 4 on that hypothetical list.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

I offer something not just for membership, but also a demonstration of character. Quality comes before quantity. You can join the KofC but still get nothing if you don't write an applicable paper.

lol

Envy is a sin. You should learn to control it instead of trying to control those you envy.

I feel like there's a lot of missing humility and respect in your responses, my friend. 

Edited by Kaladin Stormblessed
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Kaladin Stormblessed said:

I feel like there's a lot of missing humility and respect here, my friend. 

Yea, I do wonder if PnW lacks humility a lot.

It's important to have fortitude despite that. People will accuse you of vanity when you're not actually vain to accommodate for their own.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

Yea, I do wonder if PnW lacks humility a lot.

It's important to have fortitude despite that. People will accuse you of vanity when you're not actually vain to accommodate for their own.

Edited original comment for clarity ?

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, durmij said:

I know this is kind of a joke, but for real, Satanists are probably, on the balance the nicest most understanding religious denomination I've ever dealt with, followed closely by Pagans. If you're looking for a religious community but don't feel you fit in anywhere else, they're probably worth a shot.

And I say this as an ardent atheist, who would only rank his fellows number 4 on that hypothetical list.

A lot of people don't know this, but Catholics are supposed to tolerate pagans as written in the Councils of Paderborn and Frankfurt as well as discussed in the Valladolid Debate. As long as they're not like Druids who engage in cannibalism, torture, or sacrifice, they're supposed to be treated as practitioners of grace so long as they don't try to establish another Church.

This is why missionaries around the world have been so successful. They recognize pagan faiths as just another form of culture to be adapted and refined.

As for Satanists, I don't know about that sect, but this sect defines the word as a guise for atheism, and its standards aren't exactly nice or understanding: https://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-statements.php

2 minutes ago, Kaladin Stormblessed said:

Edited original comment for clarity ?

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. The sin of vanity comes from excessive pride, not simply being proud of your convictions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

A lot of people don't know this, but Catholics are supposed to tolerate pagans as written in the Councils of Paderborn and Frankfurt as well as discussed in the Valladolid Debate. As long as they're not like Druids who engage in cannibalism, torture, or sacrifice, they're supposed to be treated as practitioners of grace so long as they don't try to establish another Church.

This is why missionaries around the world have been so successful. They recognize pagan faiths as just another form of culture to be adapted and refined.

As for Satanists, I don't know about that sect, but this sect defines the word as a guise for atheism, and its standards aren't exactly nice or understanding: https://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-statements.php

So pagans are allowed to be pagans as long as they don't organize in any way that would threaten the power of the mortal men in charge of the Catholic faith? This is some "you can be Catholic and gay, just never have any sexual experience ever" nonsense.

Pretty sure most missionaries around the world were successful because of the vast sums of Catholic fortune financing that went into their missions. That and the centuries of advantage stuff like the Inquisition gave them.

It's also readily apparent that the sect you are linking to is taking the piss from the uptight practitioners of the world. Having gone to a Catholic school, this isn't much preachier once you scrape the sarcasm off.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, durmij said:

So pagans are allowed to be pagans as long as they don't organize in any way that would threaten the power of the mortal men in charge of the Catholic faith? This is some "you can be Catholic and gay, just never have any sexual experience ever" nonsense.

Pretty sure most missionaries around the world were successful because of the vast sums of Catholic fortune financing that went into their missions. That and the centuries of advantage stuff like the Inquisition gave them.

It's also readily apparent that the sect you are linking to is taking the piss from the uptight practitioners of the world. Having gone to a Catholic school, this isn't much preachier once you scrape the sarcasm off.

Merely having resources doesn't mean you'll succeed with them. You need to use resources the right way to succeed. Lots of missionaries aren't given extensive stipends either both for security reasons (especially in the past when money couldn't be wired and had to be physically carried) and because missionaries are sort of like outcasts. They depend on fundraising to get their work done which is helpful, but not lucrative.

That's part of why I'm looking for papers to be written here as well as for people to join the order. I don't want to throw money at just anyone to leave an impression. It has to be given to people with convictions who actually care to make something of it.

As for pagans, the point of the Catholic Church is to tolerate many ways of life. Catholic literally means "universal" in Greek. It's not a nationalist faith, and if anything, the rise of nationalism happened from the Protestant Reformation. If some pagans become too powerful, then other ways of life will be implicitly persecuted. If anything, Catholics have often been accused of being internationalists who seek to undermine sovereignty.

Is it apparently sarcastic? No, I'd say it's half-sarcastic in being passive-aggressive. It's nasty when it wants to be and nice when it doesn't. If anything, that sort of prejudice is even worse.

5 minutes ago, Chief Savage Man said:

i will offer 10 million pnw to whoever has a gay affair with the head of a koc lodge or whatever they're called

count me in

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

32 minutes ago, Chief Savage Man said:

i will offer 10 million pnw to whoever has a gay affair with the head of a koc lodge or whatever they're called

No go.

If you're scandalous, you get kicked out. 

11 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

No go.

If you're scandalous, you get kicked out. 

i have to imagine that's why there's prize money involved

8 minutes ago, rey said:

i have to imagine that's why there's prize money involved

If the prize was purely to join the order, yes, but it's not.

7 hours ago, durmij said:

Edit: read ardent atheist so I'm still confused but I guess it makes more sense! lol

Edit x2: Sorry @Dubayoo, while I can respect your cause as we are of very similar faith, I am a Christian so gonna have to pass on this one! Good luck with it though :P

Edit x3: Nvm, not worth arguing with people online about religion lol

Edited by Lordship

43 minutes ago, Lordship said:

Edit: read ardent atheist so I'm still confused but I guess it makes more sense! lol

Edit x2: Sorry @Dubayoo, while I can respect your cause as we are of very similar faith, I am a Christian so gonna have to pass on this one! Good luck with it though :P

Edit x3: Nvm, not worth arguing with people online about religion lol

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

settradirect.png

13 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I was raised Catholic and know much about KoC, you seem to have just written my submission off as purely a joke, but some investigation would show I am promoting a group that expects character without prerequisite such as being a Christian Male.

See below:

13 hours ago, durmij said:

From the website I posted:

TENETS

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS.

• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and remediate any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

ABOUT US

The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority, advocate practical common sense and justice, and be directed by the human conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by the individual will. Politically aware, Civic-minded Satanists and allies in The Satanic Temple have publicly opposed The Westboro Baptist Church, advocated on behalf of children in public school to abolish corporal punishment, applied for equal representation where religious monuments are placed on public property, provided religious exemption and legal protection against laws that unscientifically restrict women's reproductive autonomy, exposed fraudulent harmful pseudo-scientific practitioners and claims in mental health care, and applied to hold clubs along side other religious after school clubs in schools besieged by proselytizing organizations.

• Upvote 3

• Alex locked this topic