Player created Religions

Buorhann

The Blessed smiles on this day, for there will be many more to join His host of Dioist Warriors. May your day be bountiful and fulfilling, free from the wretched villainy of snow. 

I can appreciate a change like this. Adds more flavour to the game. Endorsed fully. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Kriegskoenig said:

Religious wars when?  ?

For the love of Sheepy/Roz/Steve/Partisan/Hippo/Zeebrus/Ur Mum Big Gaye/Kastor/Shifty/Roquentin/Insert Player Here Who Mad I Left Them Out Which Is Most Of You Anyway...

I would be totally unable to white girl even if people decided to do this.

inb4 people already do with RL politics
inb4 KT/tTO/BeeKaayslam does it already

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

Will prob just be added to the VIP feature considering you can already put your image in there, why not add the name and give money to the sheep god.

1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

Will prob just be added to the VIP feature considering you can already put your image in there, why not add the name and give money to the sheep god.

That's the thing.  Remove it from the VIP feature, that way it's accessed to more players.

Add it into the game like an Alliance Flag.

• Like 1

Just now, Buorhann said:

That's the thing.  Remove it from the VIP feature, that way it's accessed to more players.

Add it into the game like an Alliance Flag.

Most things should be like that, tbh. 

I like the idea of it tho, i have an awwww yeahhh humping guy for my religion

15 minutes ago, Pheonix said:

Your forgetting christiayynity, ayytheism, hindayy, budhayysm, judayyism, orthodoxayy and mayyny more

And the Church of the Almighty Bomb :P 

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

• Administrators

All this sounds to me like is a way to get VIP subscriber benefits without paying a monthly fee, which is largely against the point of offering a VIP subscription.

That said, if you propose a more fleshed out religion mechanic, whereby nations can join religions and religions have some sort of effect (some reason to compete with each other) I might be more interested.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Alex said:

All this sounds to me like is a way to get VIP subscriber benefits without paying a monthly fee, which is largely against the point of offering a VIP subscription.

That said, if you propose a more fleshed out religion mechanic, whereby nations can join religions and religions have some sort of effect (some reason to compete with each other) I might be more interested.

Perhaps religions can be tied to an alliance, and alliances can set them up for credits like flags?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

VIP Benefits are solely on a Player basis.  I'm asking for a more wide open Community or Alliance basis, similar to Alliance Flags.

For you, it opens up more opportunities for players to spend credits.  For us, it opens up more community building and political (Or rather, in-character religious) interaction.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Some of us want to role play religions, add a broader dynamic to the politics of the game. Having someone spend monthly credits for a custom religion to have 100 people who follow their religion isn't economical for most. People who don't enjoy the financial flexibility of having VIP subscriptions won't be able to participate. If we could do a one time credit payment to add an icon or even a monthly credit payment. I.E. I spend 4 credits a month to keep my religion emblem available to everyone.

As far as the game mechanic goes, you can assign a code to the religious symbol that can be handed out. That way they either select one of the default religious symbols, or they can enter the code. So you don't have to keep adding things to a drop down.

• Upvote 2

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

I feel that adding religions would be a great idea with minimal draw backs. Although there should be a cool down time for creating religions and game mods should check it first.

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Why are you asking us to propose the return of color stock bonuses?

:sheepy:

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 2:22 AM, Zed said:

For the love of Sheepy/Roz/Steve/Partisan/Hippo/Zeebrus/Ur Mum Big Gaye/Kastor/Shifty/Roquentin/Insert Player Here Who Mad I Left Them Out Which Is Most Of You Anyway...

inb4 KT/tTO/BeeKaayslam does it already

FOR STEVE!!!!1!1

To an extent, but it's mainly just memes. We even had a muslim in KT once and a handful of atheists/agnostics. 

22 hours ago, Alex said:

So you're thinking of something like religion stock bonuses? Are you thinking more like more resource x for every nation following religion r, or income, war stuff, etc? 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Administrators

I think religions being inter-alliance mechanics is more interesting.

One quick thought, let people create their own custom religions, icons and everything, and then tier some sort of bonus based on the total score of all nations in the religion (don't want to do member count, as that creates an incentive to create multis.)

The bonus should have diminishing returns, so that one religion doesn't completely dominate and ruin the point of it. Something I've learned over the years introducing mechanics similar to this.

So maybe top X religions (10, 25, some hard cap so as to prevent "mini-religions" from flourishing. Not that I have anything against new and small player groups, just that at some point it gets too confusing and arbitrary) get some sort of bonus, maybe something new like a population bonus. That would weight religions more toward commerce than resource production, but any nation would benefit from an increased population (more tax revenue.) So maybe a bonus with a formula like:

1.1 - (x^2 / 1000)

And that would be a bonus multiplier to your nation's population. This example formula would be for the top 10 religions. It yields the following table of values:

5Lty6xt.png

So as you can see, the 10th ranked religion would have effectively no bonus, and the idea there is that for nations that don't want to participate in the religion part of the game for roleplay reasons or whatever (I imagine someone would make a "None" religion that would make it in the top 10 somewhere) they would have the same bonus as the 10th ranked religion (no bonus). And it scales up with diminishing returns from there, with the #1 religion getting an (almost) 10% population bonus.

Now I know that 10% is pretty hefty, but you'll note that the second religion also gets a near 10% bonus as well, that's the point of the diminishing returns. It would be best to be on top, but if you're at least close to top, the top religion nations won't exactly run away from you, so to speak. It's a good setup for allowing takeovers, comebacks, whatever.

Lastly, with religions I don't think it would make sense to mechanically prevent people from joining a religion. A nation should be able to convert to whatever religion it wants, and so for anyone who just wants to min-max, whatever, you'd probably just pick one of the top religions. For people interested in religion and pushing it on other nations (conquering and converting) you'd have something to fight over and could potentially impose forcing a nation to switch it's religion as surrender terms or whatever.

Anyway, I don't care if this is it, but I think something mechanical similar to this would make things a lot more interesting than just straight custom religion images, which again, you can get with VIP.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link