Some random stats 3.0

Sketchy

22 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

Just a little confused here, but what do the percentages mean on that misc stats section? 

The percentage of nations at that respective city count/continent/color/activity etc out of the total nations.

For the alliance per city count one, its the % of nations at that city count.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

4 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

The percentage of nations at that respective city count/continent/color/activity etc out of the total nations.

For the alliance per city count one, its the % of nations at that city count.

That seems strange that a combined 70% or so of nations in PnW are beiged or in grey. Did a decimal point get bumped somewhere? Granted though, then again, about 30% of the player base is at 1 city, and 50% or so is 2 cities and lower, so it could be that. Lotta chaff in PnW I guess.

Edited by Quichwe10

7 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

That seems strange that a combined 70% or so of nations in PnW are beiged or in grey. Did a decimal point get bumped somewhere? Granted though, then again, about 30% of the player base is at 1 city, and 50% or so is 2 cities and lower, so it could be that. Lotta chaff in PnW I guess.

Keep in mind, all new nations are automatically added to beige, and there is 3016 people with 1 city. 

Its accurate, just shows how large the actual playerbase is.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

6 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Keep in mind, all new nations are automatically added to beige, and there is 3016 people with 1 city. 

Its accurate, just shows how large the actual playerbase is.

And how many people basically log in and basically never play again.

1 hour ago, 8mrgrim8 said:

why would http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ayyslamic_Crusade be considered a global war, a lot major players weren't involved: Guardian, TKR, TCW, pantheon, t$. That's 5 of the top 10 alliances. 

Because Global Wars aren't solely decided by the Top 10 only?

You had more than half of the alliances, whether you're looking at Top 10, Top 20, Top 30, etc. participate in the war before and after the war score results.  (I say that because TGH was #9 or #10 before the war kicked off, and we're #11 now after adjusting our peace time builds, just for example that is)

Considering the amount of alliances participating and the large spheres that participated, how could you NOT consider it a global war?

Just a small note:  All of those alliances you listed were aware of the approaching war, and the leaders turned it down or showed no interest.

Note #2:  Two wars merged together and formed one big one.  TGH/IoM/RW/NSR vs Polaris/TUE/Cerb/OWR  and KT/Rose/etc vs. IQ + Acadia initially, that later merged and also expanded with Protectorates/oA tied alliances and UPN joining in.  So the development aspect of a global war existed there too.

You could technically argue Guardian's case by claiming that Guardian + Friends participated by hitting Nuke Bloc who were initially supporting against IQ, but the war didn't expand too far that way due to NB's allies being knee deep involved with IQ.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 8mrgrim8 said:

why would http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ayyslamic_Crusade be considered a global war, a lot major players weren't involved: Guardian, TKR, TCW, pantheon, t$. That's 5 of the top 10 alliances. 

I'm going based off of the wiki, which considers it a global war.

If I had to guess, I'd wager it has something to do with the scale of the war proportionate to the size of the games population, but its very difficult to argue Ayyslamic Crusade isn't a global, considering 1413 nations were involved, with both sides well exceeding 1m score, and a total of 33 alliances were involved.

XLL3z4T.gif

I'd agree Ayyslamic Crusade is deffo a Global War by most standards, but Strategic Arms Limitation Talks is rather hard to judge. It's not quite a second front, but it's not a side show like most micros engage in.

I do also think that if the game wants to expand, some serious retention mechanisms for new players need to be devised. The number of registrants who stay is staggeringly low.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

9 hours ago, Betulius said:

Does anyone care that you don't care?

I think the real question is, Does anyone care if anyone cares that he doesn't care?

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

23 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

I think the real question is, Does anyone care if anyone cares that he doesn't care?

Who cares?

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>