Suggestion - New sub

NPC RP Sub  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a new rp sub to be made where we start in x year of rl history and NPC nations? (New rules will be talked through)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/18 at 01:15 PM

I've been thinking on about the two RPs we have of ORP and NatRP and basically it is like an unwritten rule but everyone uses Technology from our time and beyond, then the only nations we have are player lead and we don't have a history on the worlds of either rps. 

Now I had two suggestions for a RP on here that is simmalar to the ones people usually have. 

First Suggestion is having a RP with a map filled with nations, some smaller some larger. We could claim a nation and the only way of expansion is on the expense of an another nation. Now there can be lands and we can claim any government type to be but the borders are set. The Nations not controlled by Players would be controled by mods or a group if non-rpers in defensive wars against human players. They can launch civil wars so one human player faction supports one side of the conflict that they prefer and same goes about an another side of the conflict. There are limited things we can do in these rp's which bring us to a standstill and everyone expands without much reprecussion. This would lead to more in depth rping and yada yada. This may seem to some as 'too much for something simple or small' but the rps before die quickly. NatRP has no actions even thoigh with the map reset and ORP even though without the consent rule,  not that much can be done. Now I don't expect people to make this or think like it's some Politics and Conflict game but with a lot of words and strategies but now no player directly would be hurt and continous action will be put in. In a Civil War as previously noted there is support but then there are politics between the nations that support the side of the enemy. It would be a lot of writing and making of the rp but I think it would be more enjoyable (NOTE,  we could be using our actual history and playing it around to see how it goes with us in charge. (We could start from any point in history,  we don't need it to be the Modern Day but without factions. Anythjng could go,  or acting out as many nations indepenent and we could go to found an empire from the bare stone,  make alliances and support each other to form greater nations or short term alliances to rid of the same enemy) 

The other is to make a RP set in an older time. I am aware that everyone can use Tech from the Industrial Revolution but nobody uses it. Warfare changed over years and we only expirience this modern and future conflict where computers and aircraft matter a lot,  what if we set it back into the colonial eras? Where the war machines of today started with tanks and planes being fairly new to the world and unpractical and a lot of tests happened. Where Ideologies clashed frequently and yada yada) 

Edited by Rimski

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

I admire the WW2 Technology and Post Cold War is simmalar to it. I don't mind being in any time period , it is more of a break from the Modern Structure with giant ships flowing through, missiles left here and right. 

What about the 2nd suggestion on all nations being independent or historicly placed to the time period and we choose it. The 1936 Start would be good imo, yes I know about the hoi4 fever, but there is an option of many nations and it is a few years before the WW2 Conflict and we get to build up, change and yada yada. 

Still the two main things I want with this is that there is a full map with all slots being filled with a nation having claims on it and with older tech because weapons then wouldn't just eradicate the whole world's population and you get what I am saying

Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

I like the first idea. If it comes to be, I'd be happy to man the 'NPC' type nations, although I'm not sure I'd move from OrgRP simple due to the amount of time sunk and my inability to effectively multi-task.

I don't mind the second idea, whether it would be for the suggested new RP or as a change to one of the existing RPs.

Even though it is a clear victor,  the poll will stay open for 24 more hours by the orders of the Mod

• Moderators

Sorry for my lateness, but this vote seems to be a Yes and will be forwarding it to Alex. If he agrees, i'll get on this ASAP. 

o/

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

• Moderators

Ok guys, Alex gave me the heads up to create a new subforums for you guys, let me know what you want me to call it ?

• Like 1

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

We are still working on the rules and map on Discord. It goes slow-ish because the most work is done by Ag and myself with involment of Monika on the map. Does not help that school is a thing.