Forum Sig Upload Issues

I'm trying to post an imgur gif link that meets the criteria, but I keep getting an error message that the image size cannot be determined.

Is there a reason for this?

Perhaps from the recent change in forum design/theme/layout/upgrade?

It's been 2 months, I need to update my sig.

Image in question:

gHHktsH.gif

I keep getting this message:

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for https://forum.politicsandwar.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://i.imgur.com/gHHktsH.gif&key=17011ffaabd0b4182fba84adee870806eb4ad76793b3ab8de1dfc46a8ca41c5a, please try another image.

Edited by ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™

2 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶ said:

I'm trying to post an imgur gif link that meets the criteria, but I keep getting an error message that the image size cannot be determined.

Is there a reason for this?

Perhaps from the recent change in forum design/theme/layout/upgrade?

It's been 2 months, I need to update my sig.

Image in question:

gHHktsH.gif

I keep getting this message:

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for https://forum.politicsandwar.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://i.imgur.com/gHHktsH.gif&key=17011ffaabd0b4182fba84adee870806eb4ad76793b3ab8de1dfc46a8ca41c5a, please try another image.

Let me check into this for you broski - I'll see whats up with it.

I am not sure what you were doing - I copied the link from the img source, pasted it into your sig box and was able to get it to pop up. Don't put image tags on it or anything and maybe there was a slight issue with your page refresh. Sometimes these boxes will mess up and go from an html to a regular rich text convert and get shitty. 

• Administrators

Maybe you were trying to use a .gifv or .webm URL instead of .gif? I imagine it only supports .gif extensions. Imgur may try to use one of those other ones by default for some animated images.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, Alex said:

Maybe you were trying to use a .gifv or .webm URL instead of .gif? I imagine it only supports .gif extensions. Imgur may try to use one of those other ones by default for some animated images.

2KbUx0E.png

Tried it again this time around, didn't work again

I keeping getting no one else has complained about it, but mind you I change my sig very often, moreso than average and I do have a VIP legacy mask. Perhaps something is off with my permissions or something was messed up with the forum upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually having the same issue. Whenever I try to update my signature, even if no changes were made, I get the same error. The image is 650x175px and a png.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

Had the same issue when I updated my sorry excuse for a signature image a few months back (just forgot/was too lazy to mention it). Fairly certain I tried it with both .jpg and .png, but would get that same message. Got around it by just using the 'upload image' option in that instance, though would be nice to be able to just add an image link - less annoying to edit/change then.

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png