Kanye & Trump

Aksel

Figured I'd get a little discussion going here on the grounds of the Kanye & Trump friendship that is sprouting.

If you haven't heard, Kanye West went from the assumable progressive/liberal standpoint to a groundbreaking Trump supporter - basically citing that Trump has done more/will be doing more than Obama did in his 8 years. At the same time, he has also endorsed Trump all while getting a MAGA hat signed & wearing it publicly. If you follow his twitter page you can see that he is constantly broadcasting the general theme of be yourself no matter what other people tell you to do. In addition, he has posted up fans and friends saying they do not like his decision and urge him to drop his Trump endorsement. 

Kanye isn't the first black or African American person to publicly endorse Trump, but it does seem as though this type of action is trending. I believe it is quite clear in America that there is a racial divide, why? My personal beliefs rest on the political parties using that rhetoric as a way to pit Americans against each other to further their own policies and qualify themselves to their constituents - most people believe it is because white people are racist, being white, I prefer my personal belief over the liberal belief and I have had that conversation with many african american people in my line of work - surprisingly, most believe with my belief....but lets get back on subject matter.

Media is constantly blasting that Trumps policies hurt minorities  - Media constantly blasts that African Americans have it bad under the Trump administration. This is the same dialogue that the progressive liberal democratic engine broadcasts. However, now, someone with a large minority following says they are now supporting Trump - throws shade at Obama - and takes the hate (Kanye). What gives?

I'm also not saying that all democrats or all individuals who share leftist beliefs are the problem & I'm also not saying that all republicans or all individuals who share rightist beliefs are the problem. What I'm trying to get at is - do you think the racial issue in America stems from what people tell you the issue is rather than what is actually going on?

Take for example, Texas. 

If you're not from Texas you will automatically assume:

1. Extremely conservative state.
  2. Homophobic
  3. Trump signs everwhere
  4. Bush is praised, even the ones in your front yard
  5. Red everything
  6. Elephants everywhere 
  7. Cowboy Hats, Cowboy Boots and horse shit everywhere
  8. See you for mass on sunday

Right?

I think I'm forgetting accents, tobacco, and yeehaws. 

Wrong. Dead wrong.

I moved to Texas from NY - I'm an adult, spent over 20 years in NY, born and raised. I had the same opinion of Texas and I literally thought it was gonna be this drastic lifestyle change. However, I was dead wrong. I've seen 1 trump sign in my year here, 1 confederate flag on an ancient biker, nobody bats an eye at a homosexual person and people just are who they are. Plus the accent thing is kind off - you catch it some places you go, but most of those people say they are from North Carolina. like..dead ass. 

You're prob like, where you going with this Max...and I'm winding all that down to here:

Kanye Supports Trump - North and South Korea are holding hands - Leftist media is panicking....

Do you believe that most of the US Citizens believe what is projected to them from politicians they look up to and the media they watch or scroll through (including popular social media), causing a 'racial divide' among extremist believers?

Do you believe the media, including social media is correct in what they project?

Do you maybe think Kanye is a true Trump supporter and stands by what he believes in or is he gaining publicity for new album releases and using the 'love for trump' as a slap in the face to the president and will eventually go back to the assumed leftist lifestyle most people thought he led?

lastly, when was the last time you saw something racist IRL - in person.

*Warning* 

As this is a discussion, I have mentioned to Moderators that I would like this thread to be watched. People who comment racist posts or posts that are not constructive will be removed or whatever they do, censored, and prob be warned bc racist shit is racist and against the rules the last time I checked. 

So please bring actual discussion. Appreciated thanks.

Edited by Mad Max

• 2 weeks later...

The fact this isn't 5 pages by now and locked for OOC blows me away, guess it hasn't been discovered yet. I know that the Roz situation drove away several active right wing posters cause they got tired of being censored by the leftist mods.

I agree that the media tries to separate us into groups and divide us. That way its easier to manipulate us.

Edited by Arkiri Arch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

Interesting. My comments are below (though I'm writing this really late so forgive poor wording or bad sentence-stringing - been meaning to write some sort of response to this for a while now)...

For personal context, I'm pretty far left leaning, though more moderate in most liberal-type policies, and a European. I'm not a Trump supporter, mostly (though somewhat irrelevant to this particular discussion) due to his environmental beliefs, and sometimes erratic behaviour.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:32 AM, Mad Max said:

Do you believe that most of the US Citizens believe what is projected to them from politicians they look up to and the media they watch or scroll through (including popular social media), causing a 'racial divide' among extremist believers?

Not a US citizen, but probably applies in similar aspects elsewhere - highly likely that most people will take many things at face value. That being said, I don't see how that would create a racial divide, though it could exacerbate such a thing. I would say though that a racial divide probably does exist however, though mostly on the fact that equality for some groups has only come into place within the lifetimes of current generations, and to very much simplify it, "old habits die hard".

Do you believe the media, including social media is correct in what they project?

Considering the speed of communication, and prevalence of social media in the world, real events happening will be both spread quickly and magnified, and will result in mass spreading of truths, as well as mistruths often with little chance for supporting evidence. It, like with all other forms of 'media' should be used with some caution and objectiveness. There's always going to be an agenda on behalf of someone regardless of source or subject.

Do you maybe think Kanye is a true Trump supporter and stands by what he believes in or is he gaining publicity for new album releases and using the 'love for trump' as a slap in the face to the president and will eventually go back to the assumed leftist lifestyle most people thought he led?

I suspect not (don't know much about his history however), though that would be somewhat amusing...

Actually, fairly recently (last August) at the place I was working at the time I did witness something that could be taken as racism (or at least pretty rude) directed in audible range of someone else in the room during a conversation I was having with them - it was along the lines of "I can't understand what these people are saying" spoken with a noticeable element of malice, and said not quite as politely as that. That was in an area with ~95% native population (about half of which have pretty thick, hard to understand native English accents anyway, somewhat hypocritical at least).

Leftist media is panicking....

I resent the fact that mainstream, centrist/big business/organisation supporting media is referred to as 'leftist' :p 

On a different, though somewhat related note, a potential article of interest for discussion on the subject of free speech, the use of media & social media, and potential racial divides: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/11/rakem-balogun-interview-black-identity-extremists-fbi-surveillance 

• Upvote 1

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

@James XVI 

@arkiri 

thanks for your replies/addition to the post.

Def just trying to spark a discussion, no judgement on any position someone may lean or what they believe in.

• Moderators
On 4/30/2018 at 1:32 AM, Mad Max said:

If you follow his twitter page you can see that he is constantly broadcasting the general theme

Nope. 

What I'm trying to get at is - do you think the racial issue in America stems from what people tell you the issue is rather than what is actually going on?

That is a major part of the issue - Right-Wing news and Left-Wing news never report 100% of what is going on, not all facts are able to be given because both sides want the story to fit their narrative, and they will cut out pieces of the issue to support their cause. Independent media outlets are usually always squashed by the left and right, causing a situation that most news come from either side, nothing in the middle. Of course there is some news outlets online that have stayed pretty neutral, but they arent well known and do not have the budget to make a push through the strangle of the news outlets that have already had time to settle and create their versions of the story, and these groups are both biased. I still haven't found a news outlet that wasn't left-leaning or right-leaning, nor do i believe we will ever have that as long as the country keeps being divided by the left-right barrier. 

No - They have clear biased agendas to fit their viewers perspective.

Do you maybe think Kanye is a true Trump supporter and stands by what he believes

No, I do not think he is a true Trump Supporter, seems to be a move to get headlights pointed at him.

Two days ago while at work. 

Also, im pretty sure this belongs in General Discussion :P

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

Just now, Olive Penderghast said:

Nope. 

That is a major part of the issue - Right-Wing news and Left-Wing news never report 100% of what is going on, not all facts are able to be given because both sides want the story to fit their narrative, and they will cut out pieces of the issue to support their cause. Independent media outlets are usually always squashed by the left and right, causing a situation that most news come from either side, nothing in the middle. Of course there is some news outlets online that have stayed pretty neutral, but they arent well known and do not have the budget to make a push through the strangle of the news outlets that have already had time to settle and create their versions of the story, and these groups are both biased. I still haven't found a news outlet that wasn't left-leaning or right-leaning, nor do i believe we will ever have that as long as the country keeps being divided by the left-right barrier. 

No - They have clear biased agendas to fit their viewers perspective.

No, I do not think he is a true Trump Supporter, seems to be a move to get headlights pointed at him.

Two days ago while at work. 

Trash mod trash replies. 

Thought this was for members to discuss. Next time, try to elaborate a bit more on your responses.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

Trash mod trash replies. 

Warned for insubordination 

3 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

Thought this was for members to discuss.

I don't see any reason for mods not to be able to discuss/debate with the members. 

4 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

elaborate

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

14 minutes ago, Olive Penderghast said:

Warned for insubordination 

I don't see any reason for mods not to be able to discuss/debate with the members. 

giphy.gif

And now you are deliberately derailing my discussion.

Thanks.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mad Max said:

Thanks.

You are very welcome.

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Jim Acosta: Why hasn’t the President commented on the recent — 

West: Imma let you finish but yo, Jim, you need to shut the f*** up. You’re operating on an outdated consciousness, we’re transcending the past, Truth is my gym. Next question.

FB_IMG_1524899624135.jpg

Even though you didn't provide any substance to my post -which really didn't get any drag, which is quite obvious. The Left likes to ignore what they can't fight prettyyy much. But his is some good shit. 

much respect

• 6 months later...
On 4/30/2018 at 12:32 AM, Mad Max said:

1 & 2.

To be sure, any individual's perception of the current state of affairs is largely influenced by the news they watch and the media they consume. While the media is important to a democracy, it is important to understand the power they have over the populace. No, I'm not talking about "Fake News." What I'm talking about is the media's power to NOT say something. 

Take for example, the uncomfortable war that is going on in Yemen. Now, I know what you are thinking: "What? There's a war going on in Yemen? Are you sure it's not Syria?" To which my answer is "Both." There is about a million people dying of starvation in Yemen, and already 80,000 dead children from the lack of food, because Saudi Arabia has bombed the shit out of their supplies to attempt to starve the nation into submission. But all the media ever talks about is Syria, and occasionally runs a story about Yemen. Why? Because the rebel Yemenis Houthis are backed by Iran, and the US's geostrategic interests are to curb Iran's influence and power in the region now that Iraq has a giant hole in its backside from 2004. The media isn't focused on this story too much because the Trump administration is focused on containment of Iran and its an uncomfortable truth that this containment requires the mass starvation of men, women, and children in a forgotten and impoverished country. 

Another example is MSNBC. You know, the liberal ass media with the lesbo (Rachel Maddow), the other black woman, and the closet democrat (Joe Scar). In 2004, NBC had cancelled the Donahue program that was critical of the hawk sentiment of the Bush administration. The network had later admitted that the reasoning behind it was because the Donahue program was anti-war. 

The media rarely lie about something. In this day and age, it's quite easy to google and find facts independently of the media and be able to quickly know who is spreading bullshit. However, what the media can do is omit, increase, or decrease coverage of something. For example, Fox News in the weeks up to the midterm elections broadcast almost continually the coverage related to the "invasion caravan" that was filled with Mexican rapists and MS-13 coming to kill your grandchildren. What they failed to mention was that the caravan was on foot, 900 miles away from the border, and had planned on entering the US through a standard port of entry. But no! The president of the US deploys combat troops to the border in anticipation of the coming barbarian horde! He says to treat rock-throwers as combatants. And then the day after the election...? Nothing. Suddenly everyone stops talking about it and nobody gives a shit anymore. It's almost Thanksgiving, who gives a frick? !@#$ I WANT TURKEY. And the troops at the border? Well, the Trump administration suddenly sees the light and starts recalling troops, hoping to get them back home in time for Christmas while wasting millions in taxpayer money and the time and effort of the troops. 

Social media, on the other hand, is full of shit. Nobody at Facebook or Twitter gives a frick who or what posts what, not unless they have their asses dragged in front of Congress, chastised, and then see a subsequent 13% drop in their stock (accounting for a $14 billion dollar loss in value). frick Facebook, it's a black hole that sucks away productive time and is a drain on our country's productivity, all to satisfy people's needy vanities. 

I guess my question is, why the frick anyone cares about Kanye? His entire existence is a cry for attention because he had childhood daddy issues. 

I think Kanye and Trump are a good match for each other though. Both are rambling, self-absorbed stroke victims (I'm assuming they both had a stroke, because I can't understand how anyone could be so stupid without a neurological diagnosis) without impulse control who don't belong anywhere near positions of power and influence. 

I live in the grand state of Utah, which is 87% white in my county, most of which is fanatically religious to the local faith of Mormonism. I still sometimes see confederate battle flags that make me question people's memory of geography and American history (since Utah was an independent country that opposed slavery at the time of the Civil War), but my state is honestly quite peaceful in that regard. I'm an Asian history teacher clocking in at 6'1 and 190 pounds (186 cm and 89 kg, for you pathetic globalists who use the inferior metric system), which means the most racist thing I've heard someone say to me is "Wow! I didn't know you guys came in that size." or "Are you Yao Ming?" That being said, I'm not black, hispanic, or (god-forbid) middle-eastern, so I can't say how things would be if I was. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

• 2 months later...