Imperium of Man DoW

Arnout

11 minutes ago, rey said:

yeah we can't let odn get away with whatever it is they've done

You're right.  It's not like we didn't include them in peace only for them to turn it down~

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

You're right.  It's not like we didn't include them in peace only for them to turn it down~

Never talked to *us* about peace.  The last conversation ive had with you all is the cancel NPO one.  I dont have a problem with that, you all have been fine folks for the most part.  But I do think a lesson here is when someone says they arent part of a coalition take them at their word, dont just assume they are bsing and are going to peace out with the others.  If we didnt view ourselves as part of the global war, you never talked to us about peace directly, why would we be out with the others?

5 minutes ago, OsRavan said:

Never talked to *us* about peace.  The last conversation ive had with you all is the cancel NPO one.  I dont have a problem with that, you all have been fine folks for the most part.  But I do think a lesson here is when someone says they arent part of a coalition take them at their word, dont just assume they are bsing and are going to peace out with the others.  If we didnt view ourselves as part of the global war, you never talked to us about peace directly, why would we be out with the others?

I was specifically asked if ODN is included and I said "Yes".  Even went so far that I didn't remove it myself, and even stated that peace is still on the table, to those who brought it up to me.

As for why I didn't specifically talk to you about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OsRavan - Last Wednesday at 12:30 PM
Heads up illl make an anouncement on the forum to clarify but we are not accepting peace with you all
Just clarifying any confusion
Buorhann - Last Wednesday at 12:34 PM
Oh, ok.
OsRavan - Last Wednesday at 12:34 PM
Yup
Good hunting to you!  Hoe we have a fun war

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, when you immediately message me this, I'm not going to turn it down.  My guys like to fight.

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

I was specifically asked if ODN is included and I said "Yes".  Even went so far that I didn't remove it myself, and even stated that peace is still on the table, to those who brought it up to me.

As for why I didn't specifically talk to you about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OsRavan - Last Wednesday at 12:30 PM
Heads up illl make an anouncement on the forum to clarify but we are not accepting peace with you all
Just clarifying any confusion
Buorhann - Last Wednesday at 12:34 PM
Oh, ok.
OsRavan - Last Wednesday at 12:34 PM
Yup
Good hunting to you!  Hoe we have a fun war

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, when you immediately message me this, I'm not going to turn it down.  My guys like to fight.

yes.. that was me going to you AFTERWARDs.  You never came and talked to us.  Thats exactly my point.

And again.... you should probably have talked to *US* about what we were or were not in.

You like to fight.  We like to fight.  Thats all fine so no harm done.   But yeah.

I felt no need to talk to you about it.  We weren't threatened in any kind of way.  We weren't being pinned down and obliterated.  We also didn't declare war on you, we simply raided you to keep you off guard from possibly assisting your protector like others did.  We just simply weren't in a position to talk about peace, I merely accepted to have ODN on those peace terms for the sake of being a good warmonger.

And the message itself shows you were aware of it beforehand.  Even conversations you've had with others showed that.

People can applaud you for making that decision to remain at war, but you had a pretty easy get out of conflict card right there to be played and you discarded it instead.  That's your decision.

Sure, you felt no need to talk about it.  We didnt feel a need to talk about it.  Hence we are at war.

As my messages to you have shown, we didnt consider ourselves part of that conflict.  We didn't intend to peace with that conflict.  We didn't peace with that conflict.  As simple as that.

We dont look for or do easy outs.  Again, we just dont care about that.  We could have taken an 'easy out' as long as we pretended that we were part of the larger war?  Or cut our ties with NPO.... another easy out?  Just not really interested.  Losing wars dont scare us that much.

There is no hard feelings from that.  Im not implying you did something wrong.  Simply that the way we operate is... there has to be a conversation with us for peace.  We dont let our names just be added as some sub-clause by a bunch of random folks.  You didn't ask us about it.  And to be fair, we didn't ask you either after that one cancel on NPO convo a while back.  Hence we are BOTH happy to be slugging it out.

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

wow, that's absolutely heinous. i can't believe MORE people haven't declared on them.

12 hours ago, OsRavan said:

yes.. that was me going to you AFTERWARDs.  You never came and talked to us.  Thats exactly my point.

And again.... you should probably have talked to *US* about what we were or were not in.

You like to fight.  We like to fight.  Thats all fine so no harm done.   But yeah.

We tried to reach individual peace. It was a shitfest. So we decided to have 2 representatives speak for both sides. I'd complain if I were you, if your interests were not represented by your representative. Altough I do hear you guys got the peace, so don't really know why you all making all this fuss after refusing that peace that was arranged on your behalf.

12 hours ago, OsRavan said:

Sure, you felt no need to talk about it.  We didnt feel a need to talk about it.  Hence we are at war.

As my messages to you have shown, we didnt consider ourselves part of that conflict.  We didn't intend to peace with that conflict.  We didn't peace with that conflict.  As simple as that.

We dont look for or do easy outs.  Again, we just dont care about that.  We could have taken an 'easy out' as long as we pretended that we were part of the larger war?  Or cut our ties with NPO.... another easy out?  Just not really interested.  Losing wars dont scare us that much.

There is no hard feelings from that.  Im not implying you did something wrong.  Simply that the way we operate is... there has to be a conversation with us for peace.  We dont let our names just be added as some sub-clause by a bunch of random folks.  You didn't ask us about it.  And to be fair, we didn't ask you either after that one cancel on NPO convo a while back.  Hence we are BOTH happy to be slugging it out.

So your papers got you dragged into a conflict you didn't choose? Wow, there is a first one for everything!

Either way, since you got dragged into it as part of IQ  side, the dumbest decison is to refuse the peace that your whole coallition accepted and remain at war with literally whole other coallition. And yeah, I don't care if you don't identify as IQ, a lot of alliances would rather not be, but you did have tratys to them and tgem alone, and thus and thusly you are a part of their sphere. Guess choose your allys more carefully next time. And your wars. (I know you didn't choose this war, but you choose to reamin in it, so you did have some power over it)

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

2 hours ago, ShiningLioness said:

Your concern for them is touching, but as we have stated we're happy to offer TGH and IoM surrender terms at any time :v Your new ODN overlords are ever-benevolent.

OMG another TUE. This is not how wars work! It's YOU who surrenders to US. Why does almost every IQ alliance suffer from this confusion? Is this @Roquentin's brainwashing or smth? :)

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

28 minutes ago, DragonK said:

OMG another TUE. This is not how wars work! It's YOU who surrenders to US. Why does almost every IQ alliance suffer from this confusion? Is this @Roquentin's brainwashing or smth? :)

"Us"? Broseph. You're in Arrgh. You're not at war with us (at least, not any more than you're at war with any other alliance on the planet...) We ain't gonna surrender to nobody, but certainly not you. :P 

2 minutes ago, ShiningLioness said:

"Us"? Broseph. You're in Arrgh. You're not at war with us (at least, not any more than you're at war with any other alliance on the planet...) We ain't gonna surrender to nobody, but certainly not you. :P 

We'll see about that. :)

tvPWtuA.gif

1 hour ago, DragonK said:

We tried to reach individual peace. It was a shitfest. So we decided to have 2 representatives speak for both sides. I'd complain if I were you, if your interests were not represented by your representative. Altough I do hear you guys got the peace, so don't really know why you all making all this fuss after refusing that peace that was arranged on your behalf.

So your papers got you dragged into a conflict you didn't choose? Wow, there is a first one for everything!

Either way, since you got dragged into it as part of IQ  side, the dumbest decison is to refuse the peace that your whole coallition accepted and remain at war with literally whole other coallition. And yeah, I don't care if you don't identify as IQ, a lot of alliances would rather not be, but you did have tratys to them and tgem alone, and thus and thusly you are a part of their sphere. Guess choose your allys more carefully next time. And your wars. (I know you didn't choose this war, but you choose to reamin in it, so you did have some power over it)

Again, we don't consider ourselves part of the IQ coalition.  So why would we want them negotiating on our behalf?  We're not 'making a fuss'.  Just like TGH is justified to hit us because they thought we were part of that coalition, we are justified in not allowing others to negotiate on our behalf or accept peace with the coalition.  We are very happy with events as they stand right now.  You seem to keep acting like we're complaining or upset... we're not.  Couldn't be happier right now, we're having a ball.

::grins:: And I dont really care how *you* identify us.  You can demand that two representatives from another alliance blah blah blah.  We don't really care. Part of the reality of dealing with a sovereign alliance, is you don't get to dictate to us what we do.  There are consequences for every decision.  So for example, for us continuing the war gets TGH pounding away at us.   That's our 'consequence.'  For you, by demanding we drop NPO or that the coalition negotiate for us, you got ODN not accepting peace.  From what I hear, both TGH and ODN are pleased with the results of their decisions so far, so maybe this is a win-win?  But as long as we are willing to pay those consequences... we're going to do whatever the heck we feel like. 

Your job is to make the consequences so steep that we *choose* to do as you wish, because that's now in our best interest.  But that will still be *our* choice.  Not yours.  And so far the consequences haven't bothered us.  Maybe try something that actually bothers us?  Attacking our nations just elicits a 'that was fun!"

And  for the record:

*WE* will pick who and how we identify with.

*WE* will pick who our allies are, and when or if we will cancel them. No one else will control that (and hint; We rather like Roq). 

*WE* will negotiate our own peace or lack thereof.

*WE* will decide when we are tired of a war.  Not anyone else.

All this 'concern' about how we should be doing things differently is nice, but not really needed.  If nothing else, by now it should be clear we're going to march to our own beat, right?

TGH are great opponents.  We're having a blast manning the walls while the horde tries to batter us down.  We'll keep going until we feel we cant go anymore.   And at that point, we will talk with them and we will see what happens. 

Edited by OsRavan

6 minutes ago, OsRavan said:

Again, we don't consider ourselves part of the IQ coalition.  So why would we want them negotiating on our behalf?  We're not 'making a fuss'.  Just like TGH is justified to hit us because they thought we were part of that coalition, we are justified in not allowing others to negotiate on our behalf or accept peace with the coalition.  We are very happy with events as they stand right now.  You seem to keep acting like we're complaining or upset... we're not.  Couldn't be happier right now, we're having a ball.

::grins:: And I dont really care how *you* identify us.  You can demand that two representatives from another alliance blah blah blah.  We don't really care. Part of the reality of dealing with a sovereign alliance, is you don't get to dictate to us what we do.  There are consequences for every decision.  So for example, for us continuing the war gets TGH pounding away at us.   That's our 'consequence.'  For you, by demanding we drop NPO or that the coalition negotiate for us, you got ODN not accepting peace.  From what I hear, both TGH and ODN are pleased with the results of their decisions so far, so maybe this is a win-win?  But as long as we are willing to pay those consequences... we're going to do whatever the heck we feel like. 

Your job is to make the consequences so steep that we *choose* not to pay the price.  But that will still be *our* choice.  Not yours.  And so far the consequences haven't bother us.  Not to get all political theory on you in here.

And  for the record:

*WE* will pick who and how we identify with.

*WE* will pick who our allies are, and when or if we will cancel them. No one else will control that. 

*WE* will negotiate our own peace or lack thereof.

*WE* will decide when we are tired of a war.  Not anyone else.

All this 'concern' about how we should be doing things differently is nice, but not really needed.  If nothing else, by now it should be clear we're going to march to our own beat, right?

TGH are great opponents.  We're having a blast manning the walls while the horde tries to batter us down.  We'll keep going until we feel we cant go anymore.   And at that point, we will talk with them and we will see what happens. 

Again, we don't consider ourselves part of the IQ coalition. -Your papers say otherwise

*WE* will pick who and how we identify with. -You did pick IQ as your ID publisher when you signed them. Your identification is your subjective thing naturally, but our perception of you comes from more objective fact observation (or lack of).

WE* will pick who our allies are, and when or if we will cancel them. No one else will control that.  - Fully support your right to do so.

*WE* will negotiate our own peace or lack thereof. - War is at least 2 sided action, we get a significant impact on it, but yesm you're free to negotiate it with us.

*WE* will decide when we are tired of a war.  Not anyone else. - And we'll decided when we're tired of war. But end of war is what's important here, altough willingness does contribute a lot to it.

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

8 minutes ago, DragonK said:

-Your papers say otherwise

Good thing we don't really give two figs about paper then.  Actions speak louder then words.

. -You did pick IQ as your ID publisher when you signed them. Your identification is your subjective thing naturally, but our perception of you comes from more objective fact observation (or lack of).

Well again.  Part of your objective fact should be that we're still fighting when IQ all signed a peace, should it not lol?  Again, you'll call us whatever you want.  And we will *do* whatever we want.

*WE* will negotiate our own peace or lack thereof. - War is at least 2 sided action, we get a significant impact on it, but yesm you're free to negotiate it with us.

*WE* will decide when we are tired of a war.  Not anyone else. - And we'll decided when we're tired of war. But end of war is what's important here, altough willingness does contribute a lot to it.

Indeed it is.  And the two sides are ODN and TGH (or tgh and friends).  I mean we wont be able to *make* TGH accept peace just because we are ready to give up.  Just like you can't make us accept peace.  It takes one to create a war, two to create a peace.  My point was that all this harping some are doing about how ODN must xyz is meaningless.  We're not satisfied yet, so we arent accepting peace yet.

WE* will pick who our allies are, and when or if we will cancel them. No one else will control that.  - Fully support your right to do so.

Appreciated!  We werent a fan of people telling us to cut our ties to get peace.... and that we should be grateful to be offered that.   And for the record, we greatly appreciate NPO.

Anyway enough forum posting, this got circular.  My whole point is just essentially stop trying to cram us into the mold you think we should fit in, and start dealing with us as we are.  Will probably make things easier for everyone.

Edited by OsRavan

Hey @OsRavan something that's been bugging me since you visited the TGH server that I can't stand not knowing anymore:

3 hours ago, OsRavan said:

::grins::

Is this my computer continuing to die by just showing writing here, or is this a personal touch/hybrid between emoticons and those emoji shits or whatever they are called now?

This has been keeping me awake at night, I'd appreciate a reply posthaste. 

On an aside,

3 hours ago, OsRavan said:

Good thing we don't really give two figs about paper then. 

More paperless alliances willing to get involved in wars would definitely get my support ;) 

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

The :: <insert action here> :: was like an old chatroom roleplay talk.

Putting actions in between double colons was a way to separate talk from actions.

::pours himself a drink::  For example, James.

2 hours ago, James XVI said:

Hey @OsRavan something that's been bugging me since you visited the TGH server that I can't stand not knowing anymore:

Is this my computer continuing to die by just showing writing here, or is this a personal touch/hybrid between emoticons and those emoji shits or whatever they are called now?

This has been keeping me awake at night, I'd appreciate a reply posthaste. 

On an aside,

More paperless alliances willing to get involved in wars would definitely get my support ;) 

33 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

The :: <insert action here> :: was like an old chatroom roleplay talk.

Putting actions in between double colons was a way to separate talk from actions.

::pours himself a drink::  For example, James.

Ok wow.  Almost no one recognizes that. Buorhann just won like some super nerd award! Or kudos points.  Or something.  That or he ran in the same 90s nerd circles I did.

But anyway, it is a bad affectation that people usually mock me for.  I actually picked it up in the 1990s as a geeky middle school kid in... as Buorhann said... chatroom roleplay areas.  It was super big on AOL back when AOL was all anyone used for their internet. For whatever reason, even though I never use them when doing 'serious' academic or work writing, its formed its way as a habit in my writing on discord/instant messanger/forum chatting (or back in the day AIM and MIRC)..  Probably just due to the number of hours in the formative years of my life I wasted in those rooms. I'm not actually 'role playing' or anything, I mostly just instinctively do it on certain mediums as a bad habit.  Eventually i'll probably make a concerted effort to wipe it out of my writing.  But till then.... well.  Yeah (and yes I just typed ::shrugs:: and then edited it out heh).

Edited by OsRavan

Interesting, thanks both.

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png