Imperium of Man DoW

Arnout

lol the more the merrier.   Though I have to admit I think we are the defensive party here not TGH... we just didnt peace out.  But hey!

Welcome to the battlefield though.  I hope we have an honorable and fun fight.

I also appreciate the formal dow and doing things by the book!

Edited by OsRavan
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Did we request it?  No.

Will I stop them?  No.

You had an opportunity at peace, and you turned it down.

IoM are dedicated allies.  They're following exactly what both of us formed this coalition for.

Consider this another lesson.  When weighing the options of peace or war, what could possibly happen?

::amused:: You still dont seem to quite get us yet.  What makes us tick.  You keep acting like we somehow regret our decisions.  We'd do it all again twice as fast if we could.  The calculus for our actions never includes damage taken or odds we will face.   That's a lesson for you on ODN.

Plus we're a fearsome bunch ::grins::  Honestly, strokes the ego to see you needing all this backup for little old us.

Edited by OsRavan

1 minute ago, OsRavan said:

::amused:: You still dont seem to quite get us yet.  What makes us tick.  You keep acting like we somehow regret our decisions.  We'd do it all again twice as fast as we could.  The calculus for our actions never includes damage taken or odds we will face.   That's a lesson for you on ODN.

Plus we're a fearsome bunch ::grins::  Honestly, strokes the ego to see you needing all this backup for little old us.

tl;dr if you need free and easy war experience hit ODN

1 minute ago, OsRavan said:

::amused:: You still dont seem to quite get us yet.  What makes us tick.  You keep acting like we somehow regret our decisions.  We'd do it all again twice as fast as we could.  The calculus for our actions never includes damage taken or odds we will face.   That's a lesson for you on ODN.

Never ever mess with mosqitoes, they bite hard!

31a21a693aed45644762897bab7a8ba1.pnga6fc8d9443c176e44b9f41be5fbd5a49.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

tvPWtuA.gif

1 minute ago, DragonK said:

Never ever mess with mosqitoes, they bite hard!

31a21a693aed45644762897bab7a8ba1.pnga6fc8d9443c176e44b9f41be5fbd5a49.png

Uhh dude.  The historian in me is forced to remind you that mosquitos are actually pretty lethal, and one of the biggest killers in the history of mankind.  You might have wanted to pick your metaphor a bit better.

I mean....a quick google or wiki search could have told you that was a bad metaphor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito-borne_disease

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, OsRavan said:

Uhh dude.  The historian in me is forced to remind you that mosquitos are actually pretty lethal, and one of the biggest killers in the history of mankind.  You might have wanted to pick your metaphor a bit better.

I mean....a quick google or wiki search could have told you that was a bad metaphor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito-borne_disease

Actually no. They are not. In all of those disesasses mosquitos are merley conductors, while microorganisms are the casue of dieseses. Also all of it happenes in 3rd world countrys where there are little to no medical aid agaisnt such diseses. You'll find that moquitos across the world are mostly carrions of itch and mild irritation, which is a perfect analogy to you guys :)

• Upvote 6

tvPWtuA.gif

1 hour ago, OsRavan said:

tldr: Those of you who don't like the 'easy' path in life feel free to join us.

Translation: If you want to be stupid and egotistical all the while being smacked with a Cultural Victory, join ODN.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DragonK said:

Actually no. They are not. In all of those disesasses mosquitos are merley conductors, while microorganisms are the casue of dieseses. Also all of it happenes in 3rd world countrys where there are little to no medical aid agaisnt such diseses. You'll find that moquitos across the world are mostly carrions of itch and mild irritation, which is a perfect analogy to you guys :)

If you kill someone with a shotgun is the shotgun tried for murder or the one who used it, or even better is the bullet tried for murder since the bullet killed the person? The mosquito transmits the disease, without it, malaria and other such diseases would sit in a swamp in the middle of nowhere harming an unlucky few if anyone at all, it wouldn't be one of the worlds deadliest diseases.

Ta2HxPD.png

30 minutes ago, Nikolash said:

If you kill someone with a shotgun is the shotgun tried for murder or the one who used it, or even better is the bullet tried for murder since the bullet killed the person? The mosquito transmits the disease, without it, malaria and other such diseases would sit in a swamp in the middle of nowhere harming an unlucky few if anyone at all, it wouldn't be one of the worlds deadliest diseases.

You missed the point, they have neither the shotgun nor the bullets. Yet they think they can kill someone by shouting and buzzing at him. Yes malaria and other such dissease are dangerous and a problem in Aftica. However if you go a bit north, to say europe, where there are plently of mosquitoes and none of malaria, they become as irrelevant as ODN. And even then, if you are in Africa, Malaria is still quite curable. and is only problem in undevelopet countrys.

tvPWtuA.gif

1 hour ago, Epi said:

Iom is joining in the 'Offense' oki

Multiple alliances were already in the hit against ODN iirc, hence why they were included on peace.  ODN was the only alliance to turn it down.

• Upvote 2