peace does not exist of its own will. It depends on us, on our courage to build it and guard it and pass it on to future generations.

Shadow Meeting. [Classified Location] [Classified Members] [Classified Time] 

The Shadow meetings are anonymous summits between French elitists, heads of government, ministers, and MPs. These members are sworn to secrecy, and are tailed by the Shadow Intelligence Group on a daily basis. In these meetings, names are not spoken, faces are not revealed, and no recording is made, but a secretary writes down all statements/agendas. 

It was cold inside the empty office high-rise. The Shadow Group had met on short notice after War-hound had requested an emergency meeting. The Other senior members, Sabertooth, El Bar, Mirage, Carter, Apache, Tiger, and Clinton were waiting for all the other members to arrive before beginning this meeting. The Shadow Leader arrived last, bringing in him a gust of cold-air as the Shadow Members grew impatient. 

"Very well...let us start the meeting." The Shadow Leader huffed as he sat down. The Shadow Leader stared at the clock in the background as one of the Hawks gave a statement on the concept of a military deployment to East Asia. The last Shadow Leaders was the President of France, and his predecessor was Chairman of the French Supreme Command. History would never group him with the lions of French society. He was anonymous, A gray blur in the world. 

"As a result, we will require someone to push the Prime Minister to agree to Sabre de Tortue." the Hawks looked towards the Olives. The olives spoke amongst themselves before sending on of their own to speak. A young woman, both for her position on the Shadow Watch and as a Senior Department head at Foreign Ministry got up to speak. 

"While we agree with Hawks on the matter we must send a clear message, any operation will put us in a possibly worse negotiating position and of course require we have the necessary manpower to spare men when we are combating the FLN in Algeria." 

"There is a small window we push past, after of which we won't have time nor political capital to move this past Rideau Gate." Apache agreed. "But we must be willing to move quickly and ask our donors to be generous to the L&J party.

“I can agree, we must do something about it. Though we could always find support in Conservatives with Cameron. If we wish to proceed we must take a public display with a significant show of force. What would Clinton suggest? "War Horse said before turning off her microphone.

Clinton as a senior member of the Hawks responded. “The Rokkenjima Armed Forces alongside many in CEAN is one of minimal threat to the UNSC with our advance space capabilities. We would suggest a small wet-naval force consisting of the Indian Ocean Fleet and Arabian Sea Force as a deterrent and should it be required an operational force if CEAN attacks Sri Lanka."
War Horse looked satisfied, giving a small nod before reclining in her chair. Carter put a motion of vote for Shadow Resolution 179/08/12. The House agreed in a majority and the motion was passed and voting occurred. Slimly, the House agreed to the deployment. 

It was a cold-crisp November when Shadow Leader got out of the building. He opened his phone and dialed a contact called Laura. 

Caspar: "Madame Prime Minister, ça va?"

Laura: "Monsieur Orator, oui je bien...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay Caspar I get what you are saying but if we deploy our troops into the region we look like an aggressor not a peacekeeper. I am already taking enough heat from Cameron over Louisiana and Tunisia and I am trying to commit a ground-force for Algeria. Not to mention the fact your screwed us over with the Korczak-Sultan Deal keeping our hands off Jordan."

"I get what you are saying Madame Prime Minister, but we need to make a statement. Our diplomatic credibili..."

"Our diplomatic credibility went out the door we turned from Republic to Empire....don't lecture me on how to make a statement. I've been funding these god-damn operations against the Hutt on your request and now we have the UNSC trying to get involved! How am I support to hide the Caltar Incident? Jesus..."

"Madame Prime Minister. We can debate what really defines an Empire, but all our operations are vital. Regardless I don't believe the UNSC will expose the massacres on Caltar and Nimocadia. It wouldn't benefit them anyways."

The Prime Minister got up pacing her study. "Caspar, listen. Our coalition is hanging on a thin-thread, we have a general election in two-weeks and the polls already show Law and Justice will lose 25 of its 75 seats. How can I convince the CDU and UMP to keep me as Coalition Leader while the Conservatives nab their seats and ours. Assuming that we even hold a majority in the National Assembly and the Senat. We can't afford a military deployment both fiscally and politically. I can not lose the Liberal Base." 

"Laura, you are a conservative...why in gods name do you need the Liberals, they are already voting for Melechon and his retarded Unsubmissive Party. Not to mention you've got to swing conservatives in Southern Paris and the rural areas near Bordeaux and Nice to even have a chance to get the L&J to maintain its credibility as a third-way party. The CDU will coalition build because they have no strong leader to pull them through, otherwise you can push candidates in their thin-holdings and steal those."

"Really? I don't need the Liberal vote...They amount for 43% of votes casted! I sure as hell need their votes if I want our candidates in Paris, Nice, Ricer, Brussels, and Tunis to vote our way. Which thanks to your Equal Protection and Representation Legislature opens 100 new seats in Parilament with 10 reserved for Tunisia, 20 for Belgium, and 10 for Louisiana! Causing us to hold 75 Seats and gain an additional 29 and the rest of the Center-Right Coalition to hold their own seats"

"I am aware of the problematic results of the EPR. But, it will at least help some of our guys in Tunisia and Belgium get some votes. Madame Prime Minister, if we do not act we will not be able to show strength with meaning at all...."

Laura sighed, walking towards her refrigerator where she got herself a bottle of Kilkenny. "Leave the proposal on my desk. Good evening Mr. Speaker." Taking it was his queue to leave, the Speaker left the biege folder on a desk before leaving the Prime Ministers residence. 

Edited by Prince Hunter of Bavaria
  • Like 1

Canvas_11.png

=====Prime Minister Chuave Press Conference Today======

After much consideration, and consultation from MP Cameron and Speaker Rockerfeller, I can announced today that the French Armed Forces will be deployed to East Asia in response to Rokkenjima hostilities to the UNSC and their lack of diplomatic outreach. Make no mistake, France has not changed its pursuit for diplomacy and a peaceful resolution. However, we will not take the first deal given to us, and we will not take a bad deal that hampers our strategic defense and our position in Asia. As Prime Minister I call on all Frenchmen today to rally behind our Armed Forces and support them during this troubling times. We must resist all forms of aggression, wether they be inter-dimensional or not. This not an attempt to remind the globe of France's Strategic Position in Global Affairs or a Political act to gain votes ahead of the General Election. We as the French people must be able to rally behind the common good and act as a shield of the light against the perils of the Yellow Darkness that places a cloud of darkness of Asia. We must be prepared to fight for the liberty and equality of all those who seek it and we must be prepared to be the Lord Sword against beasts that came from the skies, and those blinded to follow them.

I would like to use this time before the Media Blackout to call on all French Voters to go to the polls and vote on their future. Together through discourse we solve problems, and the vote in two weeks will indicate your demands and desires to the Lawmakers in Paris. Viva la France, Viva la Rouyame, Viva la Roi. 

• Upvote 1

Current Operation Location: [Pacific Ocean] 

Operation Location: [South China Sea] 

Operation Size: 

Support Group: Mistral Ships; Designated to provide Ground Troops and Helicopter Support

OOC: The French Navy currently in the South China Sea (deployed prior to the closing of the straight.) FYI: This is just stats if people wanted to know :) 

Edited by Prince Hunter of Bavaria