Jump to content
Réjs

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Recommended Posts

I have a burning hatred in my heart. You're going to collapse. Once the greatness of K T shines their light on you, you will be unable to keep up. You are literally the worst group in PNW, and there's alliances like IQ and Pantheon around. Queen M, queen of the sjws, you're nothing but a failure like your hero Bernie Sanders. "I'm 75 years old and the only thing thing I've done in my life is screech about capitalism". 

 

 

JK, I don't care that much. Congrats and good luck!

Are white people, specifically cis men, allowed in the alliance? 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dobby the Free Elf said:

Are white people, specifically cis men, allowed in the alliance?

I hope so, otherwise I'm in big trouble...

Anyway, Death to Tyrants! Glory to the Revolution!*

*Invalid for non-glorious revolutions, conditions apply, check in store for details.

Edited by The Internationalist
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wtf does communism even exist in this game?

Last I checked, there is no proletariat in your cities' populations. Ethnic groups don't exist either...

...and the whole point of the game is imperialism.

Seems pretty derp overall, especially since a revolution would mean players deleting their nations to bring peace to the pixels.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this! Congratulations and good luck, comrades. May the revolution last forever!

10 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

Wtf does communism even exist in this game?

Last I checked, there is no proletariat in your cities' populations. Ethnic groups don't exist either...

...and the whole point of the game is imperialism.

Seems pretty derp overall, especially since a revolution would mean players deleting their nations to bring peace to the pixels.

 

Right, because there certainly aren't any other alliances with themes that have no representation in the game whatsoever :rolleyes:

If you're going to criticize something, at least try to put some effort into it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewOttomans said:

TRF calling themselves commies? Ha! NPO and BK with their command economy are the real commies!

TRF is not calling themselves commies, but it seems everyone else.

I honestly can't tell what it is you people hate more: Communism or Queen M's presence in the game. Everyone knows that she's not a communist. She says TRF's not a communist alliance and it's conveniently ignored to make space for your raging hard-ons for her.

 

Good show, gents. Nice way to make enemies out of those that could've been friendly at best, or indifferent at worst.

Edited by Kell-El

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kell-El said:

TRF is not calling themselves commies, but it seems everyone else.

I honestly can't tell what it is you people hate more: Communism or Queen M's presence in the game. Everyone knows that she's not a communist. She says TRF's not a communist alliance and it's conveniently ignored to make space for your raging hard-ons for her.

 

Good show, gents. Nice way to make enemies out of those that could've been friendly at best, or indifferent at worst.

There is no difference between Communism and Queen M.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wulfharth said:

>consider yourselves enlightened

r/iamverysmart

Okay, there is at least one intelligent primate among the bunch. It recognizes my superior intelligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't dare to question MV's intellegence, his draconian methods though ;) 

Edited by kalev60
spelling mistakes
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>Not being Juche in 2018 
Smh at these plebs still stuck 50 years behind.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frederick said:

>Not being Juche in 2018 
Smh at these plebs still stuck 50 years behind.  

Most of your nazi ilk got killed off over 70 years ago, yet you mock people admittedly 2 decades ahead of you.  Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-04-19 at 12:50 AM, kosmokenny said:

 

Pour one out for Westwood Studios. EA is a monster #stopthekilling

On 2018-04-19 at 7:32 AM, Dobby the Free Elf said:

I have a burning hatred in my heart. You're going to collapse. Once the greatness of K T shines their light on you, you will be unable to keep up. You are literally the worst group in PNW, and there's alliances like IQ and Pantheon around. Queen M, queen of the sjws, you're nothing but a failure like your hero Bernie Sanders. "I'm 75 years old and the only thing thing I've done in my life is screech about capitalism". 

 

 

JK, I don't care that much. Congrats and good luck!

Are white people, specifically cis men, allowed in the alliance? 

 

On 2018-04-19 at 12:50 PM, Dobby the Free Elf said:

There is no difference between Communism and Queen M.

 

 

Hey Thorin, glad to see your conscious decision to distance yourself from certain individuals and the actions they undertake is going so well. Really glad to you've made that call and are sticking to your guns so strictly.

I also want to use this space to address a really stupid rumour. Apparently a ton of our resident fash have convinced themselves and others that I'm black? Presumably because white people can't care about black rights. So I would like to confirm that I am a white cis male. If you don't believe me, ask @Thalmor, he's seen my nudes.

On 2018-04-19 at 8:22 AM, Dubayoo said:

Wtf does communism even exist in this game?

Last I checked, there is no proletariat in your cities' populations. Ethnic groups don't exist either...

...and the whole point of the game is imperialism.

Seems pretty derp overall, especially since a revolution would mean players deleting their nations to bring peace to the pixels.

You're arguing that a deliberately featureless section of nations within the game don't have the features you associate with an alliance theme, so the theme is untenable? And that nonsense about imperialism and revolution... this might actually be your stupidest non-mechanics post yet.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, durmij said:

 If you don't believe me, ask @Thalmor, he's seen my nudes.

 

Can confirm; Durmij is an incredibly sexy white male oppressor.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey y'all, 

This is the 2nd public warning to keep on track with the OP - really don't want to have to close this thread. 

Keep it chill.

 

Thank you. :D

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, durmij said:

You're arguing that a deliberately featureless section of nations within the game don't have the features you associate with an alliance theme, so the theme is untenable? And that nonsense about imperialism and revolution... this might actually be your stupidest non-mechanics post yet.

I'm arguing RL communism has no value in this game because this game has no space for communism to be practiced.

Therefore, being a communist alliance in PnW is pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

I'm arguing RL communism has no value in this game because this game has no space for communism to be practiced.

Therefore, being a communist alliance in PnW is pointless.

Well the idea is usually having a theme such as that is it's more recruitable. In most Communist-themed alliances in these games people tend to be RPing. In practice, a Communist alliance just tends to be either a representative or direct democracy with the theme.  The problem in this game and why I agreed with your post is communism doesn't exist(except maybe what CF did) and high taxes/centralized econ can't be implemented without  consent. There are no workers. Alliances are largely self-contained entities in terms of econ policy and don't have economic systems they can impose on other people, so there is no cold war to fight, though the issue is people seem to want one. An issue unique to PW is the extent of stigmatization of those with the theme,  which limits participation in global politics. In contrast in every other game, even people who hated Communism IRL were willing to cooperate and sign treaties with them.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Well the idea is usually having a theme such as that is it's more recruitable. In most Communist-themed alliances in these games people tend to be RPing. In practice, a Communist alliance just tends to be either a representative or direct democracy with the theme.  The problem in this game and why I agreed with your post is communism doesn't exist(except maybe what CF did) and high taxes/centralized econ can't be implemented without  consent. There are no workers. Alliances are largely self-contained entities in terms of econ policy and don't have economic systems they can impose on other people, so there is no cold war to fight, though the issue is people seem to want one. An issue unique to PW is the extent of stigmatization of those with the theme,  which limits participation in global politics. In contrast in every other game, even people who hated Communism IRL were willing to cooperate and sign treaties with them.

I concur there's a recruitability advantage since some players just want to RP communism, but I can't imagine it being easy to hold onto the members you recruit because it's not like you're creating a worldwide revolution. Like you said, players have to consent to join your alliance. Unless you plan on declaring war on non-communist nations just because they're not part of your ideology, there really isn't any enforcement you can do.

As far as I can tell, communist alliances are stigmatized because they won't fight each other. This is unlike capitalist and fascist alliances which will due to their competitive nature. If communist alliances one day took over PnW, the game would come to a standstill. They're deliberately targeted to prevent that standstill from happening. If communists win, the game dies. If non-communists win, the game continues.

I mean you can't even simulate a Stalin-Mao-Tito split in PnW because there's really only one way to run communism: tax your members immensely, vote in certain people to office, and let those people decide how to redistribute resources to achieve growth. Sure, you could tax varying amounts between say 50-100% as well as prefer to tax commerce or industry, but these are ultimately strategic calls, not policy doctrines.

Say communists did take over PnW one day. How would conflict continue to exist in the game for players to enjoy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I concur there's a recruitability advantage since some players just want to RP communism, but I can't imagine it being easy to hold onto the members you recruit because it's not like you're creating a worldwide revolution. Like you said, players have to consent to join your alliance. Unless you plan on declaring war on non-communist nations just because they're not part of your ideology, there really isn't any enforcement you can do.

As far as I can tell, communist alliances are stigmatized because they won't fight each other. This is unlike capitalist and fascist alliances which will due to their competitive nature. If communist alliances one day took over PnW, the game would come to a standstill. They're deliberately targeted to prevent that standstill from happening. If communists win, the game dies. If non-communists win, the game continues.

I mean you can't even simulate a Stalin-Mao-Tito split in PnW because there's really only one way to run communism: tax your members immensely, vote in certain people to office, and let those people decide how to redistribute resources to achieve growth. Sure, you could tax varying amounts between say 50-100% as well as prefer to tax commerce or industry, but these are ultimately strategic calls, not policy doctrines.

Say communists did take over PnW one day. How would conflict continue to exist in the game for players to enjoy?

If somehow the Communists managed to take over all of P&W, they'd probably explode into at least 15 ideological sub-groups. Without opposition, there would be no reason for the left-unity which holds 'em together. Leftists are great at sectarian infighting, believe me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Internationalist said:

If somehow the Communists managed to take over all of P&W, they'd probably explode into at least 15 ideological sub-groups. Without opposition, there would be no reason for the left-unity which holds 'em together. Leftists are great at sectarian infighting, believe me.

I doubt it.  At least in this game.

You may separate into your different sub-groups, but I doubt any real conflict would occur.  Not very many are willing to initiate that sort of stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.