Meh

Dubayoo

Well this sucks.

6 month NAP plus 350 day old nation puts me over 500 days old.

I've really no interest in playing past 500 days, especially after reaching my city and infra goals for playing this game since it takes forever to build up.

PnW really is politics and snore.  Time to move onto better things.

• Downvote 2

You started going inactive before the war and messed up build up orders/strikes a few times during the war.

Seemed like you checked out long before the NAP.

P/W is life man.

Edited by ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™

4 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

Well this sucks.

I've really no interest in playing past 500 days, especially after reaching my city and infra goals for playing this game since it takes forever to build up.

Well, you could always go out with a bang. But, barring that, you can always donate what you have towards a good cause (cough many cough people need cough rebuilding cough resources cough).

Edited by Quichwe10

6 hours ago, Quichwe10 said:

Well, you could always go out with a bang. But, barring that, you can always donate what you have towards a good cause (cough many cough people need cough rebuilding cough resources cough).

Eh I only have $15m in cash in safekeeping. That's not much to help another brother out. If you need help though, let me know. Once I adjust my city layout, I'll have plenty of resources to pitch in.

6 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

You started going inactive before the war and messed up build up orders/strikes a few times during the war.

Seemed like you checked out long before the NAP.

P/W is life man.

Yea, I took a break during the holidays to enjoy myself after the TTO war, and I didn't see myself in the primary score bracket, so I didn't fully militarize while still pumping up my WC.

That said, I got ganged up against in the first wave of counters when I had no wingmen.

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Do something "dynamic"

I'd love to, but the game is so ingrained in oldtimers sticking together that it's hopeless. Nobody cares to engage in realignment or client state proxy wars.

10 hours ago, Buorhann said:

You make it sound like the only targets you have to hit are in IQ, or the only conflict people are yourself and IQ.

I mean I think I've made it clear in so many posts that I'm not really a fan of either side  The only reason I fought IQ was because I was in RW. If RW went with IQ, I would have fought its opponents instead.

Heck, I originally joined HBE when I joined the game, and left to join Arrgh after since conflict is so stagnant here. After that, I joined the Fed where most of its members merged in Lord.

In any case, I joined this game to recruit people to play another game, RenaissanceKingdoms. My original intent wasn't to excel here, so whatever.

Heck, I met some milf on Twitter who I hooked up with within 2 months of being active there and getting to know her for 2 months, and she plays RK now. To boot, there's some oldtimer in RK who's become our third who's around my age IRL, so I'm far more invested in playing RK than I am in playing PnW...

...not to mention I've played RK for five years now, so I'm far more invested in that game than this one.

• Downvote 1

On the side, Tiberius, I once wanted to see Guardian, Coalition, Lordearon, Polaris, RW, Acadia, Cerberus, and the Fed merge into a new mega alliance that would cover all score ranges.

The motifs there were I was in Fed at the time, and Cerberus was its rival. If they could come together, it would lead by example. Roz and I had a decent sense of camaraderie on the forum, and he had a connection with Acadia. Lord wanted to create a third sphere, and Guardian and Coalition wanted to insist they were independent from tS/TKR command...

...and Polaris could use all the help it could get to git gud.

People are just too stuck in their ways to make moves though.

Edited by Dubayoo

22 minutes ago, Partisan said:

I have disliked you and almost every opinion you have had since day 1, and I still stand by that. Go away pls. 

Right back at you. :-P

On 4/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, Dubayoo said:

Well this sucks.

Have a good life. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

On 2018-04-18 at 8:15 PM, Dubayoo said:

Well this sucks.

You'll still be back occasionally to post some inane whining about stuff you know nothing about. It is your way.

• Upvote 3

On 19/04/2018 at 12:42 PM, Dubayoo said:

On the side, Tiberius, I once wanted to see Guardian, Coalition, Lordearon, Polaris, RW, Acadia, Cerberus, and the Fed merge into a new mega alliance that would cover all score ranges.

The motifs there were I was in Fed at the time, and Cerberus was its rival. If they could come together, it would lead by example. Roz and I had a decent sense of camaraderie on the forum, and he had a connection with Acadia. Lord wanted to create a third sphere, and Guardian and Coalition wanted to insist they were independent from tS/TKR command...

...and Polaris could use all the help it could get to git gud.

People are just too stuck in their ways to make moves though.

Put the work in, take over an alliance's leadership and make the changes you want to see?

22 hours ago, durmij said:

You'll still be back occasionally to post some inane whining about stuff you know nothing about. It is your way.

No I won't.

I've debated on RL political forums for a decade, and have played MMORTS for over a dozen.

I'm also involved on Twitter now which is far more immersive than PnW.

Put plainly, there are better alternatives out there besides PnW for political engagement.

I'm also a 4th Degree Knight and counsel and chapter officer as well as life insurance agent in the Knights of Columbus which deserves my time much more than what PnW has to offer.

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Put the work in, take over an alliance's leadership and make the changes you want to see?

It's too much work to be bothered. I have more important priorities.

Besides, this is a game that's played for fun. It's not a job.

• Downvote 2

No one who has anything better to do with their time would play this game.

You are playing this game.

Therefore you have nothing better to do with your time.

That's basically how everyone views this game and how everyone views your posts. It doesn't help you that you are constantly saying random crap to show how unimportant this game is and how little you care about it. Because 1. no one playing this game actually believes it's important and 2. someone who has better things to do with their time wouldn't be spending all of it on the OWF to tell everyone how they have no time to spare on the game. 

If, in the extremely unlikely chance that everything you posted was actually true; that you truly are invested in RK instead of PW, that you truly are busy with the Knights of Columbus which deserves your time more than PW, that Twitter truly is "more immersive" than PW, etc. etc. Then you're actually proving the opposite as you're spending your oh so valuable time on PW instead of on those things, meaning that you actually are invested in this game and that you do actually care. After all, if your opportunity cost is so high, the joy and happiness you get from playing this game must be immense and that's something that most players will never have. I imagine Sheepy is thrilled that anyone could receive as much enjoyment out of the game as you're clearly experiencing :wub:

I suppose there's also the option that you are being honest about how little you care about this game, in which case you can visit https://politicsandwar.com/nation/delete/ to finally free yourself from what, judging by your posts, is clearly a such a major negative force in your life. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that you deleting your nation and quiting will hurt us very deeply as we'll miss your extremely insightful and well thought-out posts on the forums. 

Also, I just want to say that you have a worse grasp of FA than nearly anyone who has ever played this game and that your "super alliance mega merge" is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. You should resign from the KoC and pursue a career in stand-up instead, the world is worse off if you don't.

Edited by Malal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

On 21/04/2018 at 5:33 PM, Dubayoo said:

Besides, this is a game that's played for fun. It's not a job.

Yes it is a game but one has to put in some degree of work to achieve something within it surely? 

On 4/19/2018 at 6:42 AM, Dubayoo said:

Race you there.

Edited by LeotheGreat

21 hours ago, Malal said:

No one who has anything better to do with their time would play this game.

I play this game to dabble on the side when I have moments of free time in my day now.  Last summer, I had a lot of free time to throw at baseball, but now, it's just meh.

The bottomline is you people have made this game way too much work to be bothered. I've more valuable experiences to indulge in.

14 hours ago, Cataduanes said:

Yes it is a game but one has to put in some degree of work to achieve something within it surely? 

Some degree isn't a high degree.

The amount of people who play hard to get to become the center of attention here basically means you have to be a tryhard to get anywhere.

10 hours ago, LeotheGreat said:

Race you there.

The real problem is the people in those alliances are just stubborn. They're fixed on past relations and have no acknowledgment of the opportunities to blindside everyone while realizing that put together, they would cover each other's score ranges.

It's a huge opportunity, but they're just irrational at the end of the day while content with simply existing. I'd have more fun playing with a bed of pet rocks.

21 hours ago, Malal said:

That's basically how everyone views this game and how everyone views your posts. It doesn't help you that you are constantly saying random crap to show how unimportant this game is and how little you care about it. Because 1. no one playing this game actually believes it's important and 2. someone who has better things to do with their time wouldn't be spending all of it on the OWF to tell everyone how they have no time to spare on the game. 

That's total BS.

If people believed this game was unimportant, they'd be at war all the time, never worry about losing their infra, wouldn't care about the risk of betrayal, and would mostly delete after playing for a far shorter period of time due to how sensation-less the game experience actually is.

In order for the game to have as much value as the game leaders give it, they have to care. 

The truth is the game is played by a bunch of vain and sarcastic people who are too self-absorbed to admit to the truth in themselves. They feel good getting things wrong to get under other people's skin to compensate for their refusal to look at themselves honestly in the mirror.

Put plainly, the only people who really seem to play this game right are the guys in Arrgh!...

...and I was there before, so I know what it's like.

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Upvote 1

b2xhbrX.jpg

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win