Jump to content
OsRavan

Important ODN Announcement

Recommended Posts

BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, durmij said:

This isn't really a post worth dumping on. We all claim to want dynamism but when an alliance actually does do something outside of the norm, from a position of weakness no less, they get shit on. 

Bingo.

Good luck to ODN. I know TGH will have fun with this, so rock on to them too.

OS, I don't think anyone did you too dirty assuming you were IQ aligned, given that you're a protectorate of one of their core alliances, and have been fairly radio silent in this game as far as I know. You've existed for almost 400 days, and if you're something other than an IQ satellite, you'd have to show it. This seems like a reasonable enough start, so good luck.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, durmij said:

This isn't really a post worth dumping on. We all claim to want dynamism but when an alliance actually does do something outside of the norm, from a position of weakness no less, they get shit on. 

Hell yeah, consistency is key

BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN BUORKHANN

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So out of curiosity, would NPO be allowed to defend ODN, seen as they've just signed that idiotic NAP with a group of alliances which includes TGH? :P

Edited by Insert Name Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Insert Name Here said:

So out of curiosity, would NPO be allowed to defend ODN, given that they've just signed that idiotic NAP with a group of alliances that includes TGH? :P

As I understand it, no. ODN is basically on their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

As I understand it, no. ODN is basically on their own.

 

Was more of a rhetorical question, really. As a pirate I've been raiding the shit out of IQsphere alliances for quite a while (hell, even the likes of GoG and Polar in peace time). As an IQ protectorate, ODN is there more as a meat-shield for globals, which sucks for Os Ravan who is actually a pretty chill guy. So I hope both parties have fun. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

So out of curiosity, would NPO be allowed to defend ODN, seen as they've just signed that idiotic NAP with a group of alliances which includes TGH? :P

ODN turned it down to them, then messaged me about it to let me know.  I then clarified with @Roquentin and @LeotheGreat about it.  So it's basically ODN on their own pretty much, as they were the ones that turned it down (TGH didn't turn it down).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

ODN turned it down to them, then messaged me about it to let me know.  I then clarified with @Roquentin and @LeotheGreat about it.  So it's basically ODN on their own pretty much, as they were the ones that turned it down (TGH didn't turn it down).

 

Alright, then again it doesn't really matter. It was more of an e-lawyer type question. Because if NPO wanted to defend ODN, idk if they'd be allowed to, seen as I have no clue which treaty (the NPO-ODN protectorate or the IQ / non-IQ NAP) would have supremacy over the other. 

Edited by Insert Name Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooo, that is a tricky situation

Edited by Buorhann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

 

Alright, then again it doesn't really matter. It was more of an e-lawyer type question. Because if NPO wanted to defend ODN, idk if they'd be allowed to, seen as I have no clue which treaty (the NPO-ODN protectorate or the IQ / non-IQ NAP) would have supremacy over the other. 

They would have to argue that this is new aggression on TGH's part, thus TGH broke the agreement. It would be a very, very tough sell, but might makes right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going to feel really awkward about this when ODN jacks massive reps after staying in longer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, durmij said:

They would have to argue that this is new aggression on TGH's part, thus TGH broke the agreement. It would be a very, very tough sell, but might makes right.

 

I trust you on this since I'm not nearly as familiar with treaty intricacies as you are. But yeah, this stuff is way too abstract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Insert Name Here said:

 

I trust you on this since I'm not nearly as familiar with treaty intricacies as you are. But yeah, this stuff is way too abstract.

It's just a matter of timing. If the war started after the NAP start, the NAP is violated. But, considering ODN has stated they consider it a continuation of a conflict predating last war, then the NAP is still in place.

There is also a side case to be potential made that ODN is the aggressor since they posted the thread and revamped hostilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The level of butthurt is this thread is rather telling I think. It's the entire reason we did this. We got pre-empted. We weren't expecting it. We can't do anything near equal damage. But what we can do is be a thorn in your side for the next 6, 8, 12 months. Firing missiles and doing spy attacks once a week once we run out of money and resources. And laughing at TGH's growing realisation that this is going to be a complete pain.

Re: the comments that no alliance could last for the length of time we're describing... ODN is a close knit community which has existed for over 10 years. Our members have a strong attachment to our flag. Maybe some of the newbies we've recruited will drop out, but the vast majority of us ain't going nowhere. We have known each other for literally years.

Re: the questions about NPO coming in, it's really a moot point. We're not asking them to come in, nor do we ever intend to. This is between us and TGH.

Have fun, boys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, durmij said:

It's just a matter of timing. If the war started after the NAP start, the NAP is violated. But, considering ODN has stated they consider it a continuation of a conflict predating last war, then the NAP is still in place.

There is also a side case to be potential made that ODN is the aggressor since they posted the thread and revamped hostilities.

 

Interesting. I had already thought about the timing aspect but I didn't know how it would come into play if NPO wanted to defend ODN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kastor said:

What do you honestly gain out of this? We destroy you until you peace out and then you take even longer to rebuild. You show your “resolve” but that won’t stop anyone from attacking you in the future. You’ll be way too low to help your allies much in the future, including NPO, would will be 18-20 cities in 6 months, if not more, while your average may go to 10(last I checked it was 8-9, idk if that’s changed). 

 

So why? Honestly it makes no sense to not just peace out with IQ. You can make FA moves to change how people view you. Literally all you’re doing is isolating yourself from IQ and isolating yourself from the other side of the game.

 

WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE PIXELS

You don't get it. We're not in this for what's best for our nations. At all. Some people get their kicks out of growing huge. We get our kicks out of being a complete pain in the neck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stand here today in the memory of the Orange Defense Network. While I did not know them well, or, for that matter, barely at all, I'll speak some words on their behalf at this solemn affair. ODN was a NPO protectorate. They were great fans of the color orange, bros who vowed to fight together in defense of the networked nations, and guys who stared the Mongol Horde in the face and asked for more. They may not have been gifted with a sense of self preservation, but they were indeed gifted with a sense of courage, though some may say foolhardiness, with a set of giant balls, though some may say that it drew away too much blood flow from the head (different head, get your brain out of the gutter), with loyalty, though some may say poorly returned loyalty, and with honor, though some may say it to be a wish to be put out of their misery. No matter what we may say though about their gifts, I believe that all who are here can agree on one thing. For ODN, we salute you, for this unique decision on behalf of your alliance, and for your sacrifice to the currently watching, popcorn munching, pixel burning audience to sate their hunger for war. Amen.

 

Alright guys, how was the eulogy?

Edited by Quichwe10
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ShiningLioness said:

And laughing at TGH's growing realisation that this is going to be a complete pain.

What?

I don't think any of us in TGH gives a damn about this, honestly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do find this decision to be a poor one, for your morale, growth and the future of your alliance. I can respect it. 

 

But honestly, TGH is an alliance full of fighters who crave the frick out of war. This is literally awesome for us hahaha

 

PRAISE BUORKHANN!

Edited by Justin076

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ShiningLioness said:

The level of butthurt is this thread is rather telling I think. It's the entire reason we did this. We got pre-empted. We weren't expecting it. We can't do anything near equal damage. But what we can do is be a thorn in your side for the next 6, 8, 12 months. Firing missiles and doing spy attacks once a week once we run out of money and resources. And laughing at TGH's growing realisation that this is going to be a complete pain.

Re: the comments that no alliance could last for the length of time we're describing... ODN is a close knit community which has existed for over 10 years. Our members have a strong attachment to our flag. Maybe some of the newbies we've recruited will drop out, but the vast majority of us ain't going nowhere. We have known each other for literally years.

Re: the questions about NPO coming in, it's really a moot point. We're not asking them to come in, nor do we ever intend to. This is between us and TGH.

Have fun, boys.

Good luck. Also, who do you say is more butthurt? The people who are shitposting a noob alliance, or the people posting "we got pre-empted. We weren't expecting it. We can't do anything near equal damage. But what we can do is be a thorn in your side for the next 6, 8, 12 months." After getting hit in a global war, when they are tied to and protected by dare I say, leader of IQ. If you didn't expect to get hit while other NPO protectorates entered the war, you must not know how this game works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Arkiri Arch said:

Good luck. Also, who do you say is more butthurt? The people who are shitposting a noob alliance, or the people posting "we got pre-empted. We weren't expecting it. We can't do anything near equal damage. But what we can do is be a thorn in your side for the next 6, 8, 12 months." After getting hit in a global war, when they are tied to and protected by dare I say, leader of IQ. If you didn't expect to get hit while other NPO protectorates entered the war, you must not know how this game works.

 

not seeing any butthurt in anything I said m8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.