Important ODN Announcement

OsRavan

What do you honestly gain out of this? We destroy you until you peace out and then you take even longer to rebuild. You show your “resolve” but that won’t stop anyone from attacking you in the future. You’ll be way too low to help your allies much in the future, including NPO, would will be 18-20 cities in 6 months, if not more, while your average may go to 10(last I checked it was 8-9, idk if that’s changed). 

So why? Honestly it makes no sense to not just peace out with IQ. You can make FA moves to change how people view you. Literally all you’re doing is isolating yourself from IQ and isolating yourself from the other side of the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1 minute ago, Settra said:

hReSu7J.png

...yeah?  I did say that.  You caught us by surprise.  We had no military built up, got blockaded right away with most of our resources in our bank.   Not much to be done that first round.  But there were other rounds and will continue to be others.  Was I supposed to chest thump and pretend we were going to hurt you off the bat? ::amused shrug:: Was just trying to be a good sport and honest with you all when it happened.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OsRavan said:

-snip-

Speaking purely personally, what do *I* want from this war?

1) You all will never admit it publicly.  But when I look in your eyes, I want into your heart-of-hearts to know you are going "Yeah, it was probably stupid of us to hit ODN when they were sitting this war out."

2) More importantly, right now I don't sense or feel any particular respect from you all to us.  That's fine.  Respect has to be earned.  By the time this is done, I suspect that (again, even if you won't admit it) your eyes will tell me a different story.  ::Grins:: I want you to be going "damn those ODNers may not be xyz.... but they are some crazy ******"  You don't have to like us.  Think us brilliant fighters.  Or savy players.  But I *WILL* see that you respect our commitment, integrity, and resilience. And if you don't we will keep fighting till you do.

3) Most importantly.  This is more than anything else about *ourselves*.  We arent fighting to make you surrender (though you are welcome to surrender to us!)  We are fighting for *ourselves*.  We don't like how this war happened.... and we wouldn't like what it said about us if we rolled over on it.  We see this as an internal test of our character.  Can we go the distance. 

Most importantly at all, this war will end when we can look at ourselves and say "we satisfied our honor.  We handled ourselves well.  We put EVERYTHING on the battlefield.  There wasn't an ounce more effort we could give.  Not a dollar more damage we could squeeze out, not a day more we could struggle on. This is our best."  I don't care what that is in total damage.  Just that we know there isn't an OUNCE left to wring from ourselves.   We want to go to that final limit. And we want to see what that limit is.  And we want to surpass our expectations of ourselves.

-snip-

1) Hitting you guys was actually one of the smartest things we did this war. The amount of money we took from you guys quite literally funded our wars against the other people we were fighting. I saw one war arcknox looted over 40m from a single war on you guys. 

2) You're right, we don't respect you. We don't respect that when we hit you your response was "well have fun, I won't fight back, nothing I can do." Yet now, you get up on your soapbox and preach about how you are fighting until the bitter end and with dignity. There is no "commitment, integrity, and resilience" in rolling over at our blitz. You catch us now, licking our wounds and we still will be able to best you in war, just not to the same degree as before. You couldn't COMMIT to not fighting or fighting, you are jumping between the two now. Your integrity is ever more in question considering you refused to help the only alliance you are tied to when they were declared on - then gasp at the idea that you were hit for being tied to them. Your resilience is maybe the one thing you got going for you, because you had an out just now with the global war being ended, then you opt into staying in a war you know you can't win. So kudos, you got me on resilience. 

3) "we wouldn't like what it said about us if we rolled over on it."

hReSu7J.png&key=031b21fb5889383fc6d7b470

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, OsRavan said:

Well again.  We dont consider ourselves part of IQ.  We keep saying that, and it doesn't seem to sink in.  Maybe this will hep.  Hell you said 'help your allies in the future, including NPO' but we dont HAVE any allies besides NPO.  We're out here on our own on this one ::grins::.  That means we have no support or help us, but it also means we are beholden to no one else.  Hell, after NPO the alliance we admire the most would probably be Arrgh and we have no ties to them.

And why do this?  It has to do with why we exist as an alliance.  To us its not about global politics or nation building.  Again, it may not be the 'right' way to play compared to most alliances... but we aren't most alliances.   We care far more for what we view as right and wrong, our code of honor, being able to look ourselves in the mirror.... all that far more for that than we do our stats.  Everyone SAYS that. Everyone SAYS "if you mess with us we will war for months."  We intend to LIVE it.  Words are cheap.  Actions show your character.  

If we let you just hit us for the reasons you did and then rolled over, it wouldn't say anything bad about TGH's character.  But it sure as hell would about ODNs.

Speaking purely personally, what do *I* want from this war?

1) You all will never admit it publicly.  But when I look in your eyes, I want into your heart-of-hearts to know you are going "Yeah, it was probably stupid of us to hit ODN when they were sitting this war out."

2) More importantly, right now I don't sense or feel any particular respect from you all to us.  That's fine.  Respect has to be earned.  By the time this is done, I suspect that (again, even if you won't admit it) your eyes will tell me a different story.  ::Grins:: I want you to be going "damn those ODNers may not be xyz.... but they are some crazy ******"  You don't have to like us.  Think us brilliant fighters.  Or savy players.  But I *WILL* see that you respect our commitment, integrity, and resilience. And if you don't we will keep fighting till you do.

3) Most importantly.  This is more than anything else about *ourselves*.  We arent fighting to make you surrender (though you are welcome to surrender to us!)  We are fighting for *ourselves*.  We don't like how this war happened.... and we wouldn't like what it said about us if we rolled over on it.  We see this as an internal test of our character.  Can we go the distance. 

Most importantly at all, this war will end when we can look at ourselves and say "we satisfied our honor.  We handled ourselves well.  We put EVERYTHING on the battlefield.  There wasn't an ounce more effort we could give.  Not a dollar more damage we could squeeze out, not a day more we could struggle on. This is our best."  I don't care what that is in total damage.  Just that we know there isn't an OUNCE left to wring from ourselves.   We want to go to that final limit. And we want to see what that limit is.  And we want to surpass our expectations of ourselves.

Corny?  Maybe.  Stupid?  Could be.  But the world would be boring if every alliance in it just did the "standard" "smart" move. 

::grins:: Welcome to ODN land.

Let me break down why you’re wrong.

first off, when I said “allies” I meant in the future. Surely you don’t expect to be an NPO protectorate forever? 

1. We probably won’t ever feel that way. I indirectly came up with the idea to hit you guys and Buorhann put it into action. You guys have been an alliance for awhile and you sat on the sidelines and decided to just “grow”. Because of that you’re a target, everyone will probably decide to hit you now, not just TGH, as the NAP doesn’t apply to you, you aren’t protected. 

2. We have better tiering than you, now, if we can focus our lower people on you and just continuously raid you guys, you don’t stand a chance of actually doing any major damage. You just will continually get raided and your alliance will go inactive and not grow. Look at it now, you have 28 nations, 5 are on purple and one is red. They may have taken a quick LoA but the effects of a long war is still there. Look at history, when you have long wars, members jump ship. Especially if its a losing war. I respect you less now, and I would respect you more if you did the thing in my next point.

3. Instead of hitting us or trying too anyway, you could rebuild, grow, and find allies to come hit us. You guys have no baggage, did decent once you started fighting(which took awhile btw). And live to fight another day.

This is different than CN so let me put it in perspective. The more/better city tiering you have the more strength you have. By deciding to fight and stay under 12-13 when majority of the game is 15-18, only hurts you, as people are going to move into the 20-22 city range while you’re at 12-13. 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Errr... Well, you're not lacking in balls. Self preservation.... well, speaking as someone who was did that against TEst, good luck. o7

But seriously, yer gonna die so goddamn hard. I'll begin writing the eulogy.