And So the Dust Settles

The Mad Titan

3 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

TBF the decision is logical. IQ always takes the heaviest damage in the opening rounds. If they could have convinced us to white peace a week in it would be a huge win. Thats why its in IQ's best interest normally to drag on the wars till the damage differential is closed like in this war.

And yet you didn't close the damage gap at all by the time peace happened? You were still several billion down by even conservative estimates. Sure, you may have begun to make a little progress, but as @Buorhann has said without being refuted, your offensive would have petered out and then it would have been a slog of who ran out of steel/aluminum/munitions/gas first. Which you would not have won.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

And yet you didn't close the damage gap at all by the time peace happened? You were still several billion down by even conservative estimates. Sure, you may have begun to make a little progress, but as @Buorhann has said without being refuted, your offensive would have petered out and then it would have been a slog of who ran out of steel/aluminum/munitions/gas first. Which you would not have won.

Sure thing buddy, sure thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Valdoroth said:

Not everyone here likes CN-styled war, and you haven't got over the major differences even still. Shoot, half the active players in PW now probably don't even know what CN is. Wars are fought not on the ability to be able to fight back, because then you'd have perpetually never-ending wars since everything in PW is relatively quick to build. This is the primary error in your thinking. The main aspect of war is knocking your opponents down fast, which is how PW is designed. The risk is not getting the jump on or not having good counters (mostly the latter). That's how wars in PW are. That's why older AA blocks and how Arggh still persists so well. The flipside and counter to your "doormat" is that if you have been beat down a few times consecutively and actually accept your losses, there ARE enough reasonable leaders and players that will respect your inability to rebuild, and let you rebuild back.

However, when you consistently flame and complain, you'll never get the respect that you're wanting. A change in attitude is needed from most of PW, but since that'll never happen, this game will continue to drovel in the mud-hole that it currently is in. Trying to be a single power-house only goes so far, as we've seen, and if one continues to try to be top of the pyramid and doesn't respect their opponents and those below them, they'll obviously be looked at as a PoS by anyone not. Respect your opponents, whether you win or lose.

Glad to see that there were no reps were demanded at least. There is almost always enough damage dealt in infra alone to not need reparations. Reps are better suited to more particular cases between alliances than general large-scale wars, and should be dealt similarly even within large-scale if they are deemed valid.

Okay wait. I'm going to jump in here because this is a load of bullshit. Firstly, our strategy has nothing to do with CN style wars or anything CN related as a war strategy. The base notion behind the strategy is that we know we're going lose the opening rounds so we have to dig in to ensure our strategy works out. That stems from multiple reasons, but solely has to do with the realities of PnW's war mechanics. Wars needn't be 12 days long. Thats just stupid. The point that one shouldn't fight back is silly even. That essentially means wars are just large beatdowns, where the same folks go after the same people time and time again because its easy or something. Its foolish, and creates an even larger mud-hole, disrupting communities and the point of existing within this game lol.

Coming down to respect, its a two way street mate. There are folks in Rose I can respect, the rest not so much. Especially when most of the posts through the war involve shitting on NPO due to otherworldly reasons and not here, I'm not really going to respect you lol. 

Also the notion that we somehow lost because of this assumption that we'd have run out of gas first isn't based on any real fact and just a really hard grasp to try and claim victory. On the base fact, the difference in damage was reducing and control in tiers were maintained, allowing possibly for more damage higher up the food chain. Now thats a possibility, whether that would have succeeded or not is an entirely different debate, but not as much of a logical leap as stating that we'd have run out gas/ammo first lol. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

*snipped for ease*

You are responding exactly how I just explained is one of the reasons why pw has gone downhill. Also, I never once claimed you lost. Also I did not say you don't fight back. Obviously that'd be stupid. Clearly you did not understand what I said a single bit.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Valdoroth said:

You are responding exactly how I just explained is one of the reasons why pw has gone downhill. Also, I never once claimed you lost. Also I did not say you don't fight back. Obviously that'd be stupid. Clearly you did not understand what I said a single bit.

I did actually. The last paragraph was a response to Sir Scarfalot but somehow the multiple quote option didn't work oops :P So responding to your claims is why PnW's going downhill? 

On 4/19/2018 at 12:11 PM, Who Me said:

Well, the NAP after ToT was 3 months and there wasn't a major war for 9 months, so go figure.

I just wanted to complain. Leave me alone...ffffrick

On 21/04/2018 at 12:13 AM, Valdoroth said:

The best strategies in war will always become the norm. Nothing to do with Cn-style. It's what is effective and efficient. The reason PnW is going downhill is because people are continuously growing their Nations. Which means you need more time to save to rebuild. Which means longer between wars. Unless you have a cap it will continue this way. But put a cap in place and people are going to leave because they can't grow past a certain point. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The best strategies in war will always become the norm. Nothing to do with Cn-style. It's what is effective and efficient. The reason PnW is going downhill is because people are continuously growing their Nations. Which means you need more time to save to rebuild. Which means longer between wars. Unless you have a cap it will continue this way. But put a cap in place and people are going to leave because they can't grow past a certain point. 

I get why admin would hesitate to cap, but i might cap certain pieces.  Like maybe you cap cities but allow land/infra to continue to grow.  Something like that. Or do something so that at different milestones of soldiers dead, you get to grow another city.  Though I suppose this is the wrong forum for that.

On 19. 04. 2018. at 1:24 AM, Eva-Beatrice said:

Enlighten me, then.

For the Emperor!

Want another one?

For the Imperium!

More?

Arrgh!

Srsly tough, your treaty would be the main guilty party. If we didn't hit you, you'd hit someone else we like. to assist somone we don't like. And to be short, I like warmongers and people who give me moneys, and your side was neither.

tvPWtuA.gif

3 hours ago, TheShadow said:

This is it.
Lets break the NAP.
Its already been some years now according to Orbis Time.

Was it clarified if it was 6 RL months or 6 IG months?

10 hours ago, TheShadow said:

This is it.
Lets break the NAP.
Its already been some years now according to Orbis Time.

It was signed on the 18th and orbis time is only 12 times faster. It's been a little over 150 days in game.

• Like 1

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

2 hours ago, Betulius said:

It was signed on the 18th and orbis time is only 12 times faster. It's been a little over 150 days in game.

The fact you know this means you need to take a break and come back to reality.

On 4/22/2018 at 2:53 AM, Tiberius said:

This is 100 percent incorrect, the bigger you get it the easier it becomes to rebuild.  But as a little nation I understand that you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

This is 100 percent incorrect, the bigger you get it the easier it becomes to rebuild.  But as a little nation I understand that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't hurt him Ronny D

4 hours ago, Buorhann said:

The fact you know this means you need to take a break and come back to reality.

Nah. The baseball math I did, on the other hand...

Knowing that Sheepy thinks baseball players age 7 times more rapidly than normal haunts me to this day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Betulius said:

Nah. The baseball math I did, on the other hand...

Knowing that Sheepy thinks baseball players age 7 times more rapidly than normal haunts me to this day.

Wait, you mean they don't?

new_forum_sig_2.png

40 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Wait, you mean they don't?

Apparently the average professional baseball career lasts 5.6 years, so they age a mere 4 times faster than normal.