And So the Dust Settles

The Mad Titan

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

This is totally wrong. Like, utterly. I told Eumir he could come back whenever.

It looks like I struck a nerve? I didn't make TGH agree to this NAP, so all of the sudden criticisms (which are all wrong) look pretty misplaced to me. Did you guys go into this war to try and sign a NAP twice as long as the one last war? I didn't make you do that. TKR didn't. Even IQ didn't. You all agreed. IQ accomplished a political goal here, and your side did not. Sorry if pointing that out upsets you.

“I’m right and everyone is wrong. Also I’m never going to fight because I’m afraid to take any damage. I’ll just criticize everyone else who fights.”

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I think IQ should have kept this going I for one am disappointed this is over.  Rose should have had to pay for hitting us with out a CB of any kind.  That's why I'm just a foot soldier and not gov cuz this shit would have pissed me off.  

Edited by Bud
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DragonK said:

Why does it matter to you, not that you fought in it or anything :D

Maybe because I still took damage? For yet another war that had no legitimate reason, I might add. Perhaps if there was one, I would've been a little bit more inclined to actually bother.

But then again, probably not.

• Upvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

While TUE may have not been the first alliance that I would have chosen to be in for a global war, I am proud of all of my fellow members and government who kept a positive outlook and committed themselves to the war. We had some successes and some failures, and I know for many of us this was their first serious war and for that, I am happy that they garnered this experience. It is Politics and War and for many when you are losing a war from the initial blitz, it can really drain your confidence. Considering we were able to pull the war back and put ourselves in a favorable position makes me very happy, especially since we did better than some of the core IQ-sphere alliances.

Not sure why everyone is so !@#$y about the 6 month NAP. Do I like it? No, but at the end of the day people who fight in a war are allowed to decide whatever length NAP they want, so if you don't like it maybe you should've fought and been in negotiations :) 

At the end of the day though, this global kept me interested and helped me beef up my war stats so I'm content.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

Maybe because I still took damage? For yet another war that had no legitimate reason, I might add. Perhaps if there was one, I would've been a little bit more inclined to actually bother.

But then again, probably not.

No legitimate reason?  Maybe from your perspective.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

No legitimate reason?  Maybe from your perspective.

Enlighten me, then.

• Upvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

2 minutes ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

Enlighten me, then.

I've stated this quite a few times.  That Polaris had a few folks talk shit about us.  That's what lept you up to the top of my list to get hit.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

IQ boasting they are winning, all they got was white peace. A draw.....

FTFY

Non-IQ actually were winning in terms of damage done, and IQ were saying that they were totally going to turn that around. Then they peaced out before accomplishing that. So non-IQ did win by every available metric.

Otherwise known as a cultural victory.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

FTFY

Non-IQ actually were winning in terms of damage done, and IQ were saying that they were totally going to turn that around. Then they peaced out before accomplishing that. So non-IQ did win by every available metric.

Otherwise known as a cultural victory.

Ultimately non-IQ could have just dragged it out till the opposition ran out of cash or resources, without nations capable of generating any substantial income, whereas non-IQ had several nations making large profits every turn / day. And since IQ not beiging was a part of their strat, they would also keep losing cash and resources via loot. All that combined would force them to dip into their reserves sooner or later.

However, that route would require resilient nations to withstand being pinned down and strong leadership to keep a cool head if internal pressure (from unhappy members) arose due to them being pinned down. That's why Arrgh is such an annoying alliance for many outsiders. The members are used to being rekt for long periods of time and don't give two shits about their infra. I highly doubt the non-IQ membership has that kind of tenacity.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Like 1

You'd be surprised.  There was a large chunk of players on both sides that were pretty stoic in fighting the war, but yeah - there were some people looking to get out.  Some did, in fact, in their own ways.

It basically came down to whether people were wanting to fight another month or two though.  While some of us can do that, that still hinders some people who cannot.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

You'd be surprised.  There was a large chunk of players on both sides that were pretty stoic in fighting the war, but yeah - there were some people looking to get out.  Some did, in fact, in their own ways.

It basically came down to whether people were wanting to fight another month or two though.  While some of us can do that, that still hinders some people who cannot.

I know. But I'm sure you also know (you're in the loop and I'm not, but we both had the opportunity to talk to very influential people in this war), if the war went on for a bit longer there'd be nasty internal issues to deal with, at least for one of the sides.

I do get the reasoning behind wanting to get peace and ultimately this stalemate feels like the most reasonable and logical outcome. But non-IQ should have realized that, without nations capable of generating significant income and forfeiting the opportunity to gain loot from beiging, giving it to the opposition, IQ wouldn't have been able to pull cash and resources out off their asses, which would screw them over when their reserves ran out.

It is what it is and I congratulate both sides on their war efforts. IQ's all plane strat was solid and well implemented after the 1st round, and some non-IQ alliances not used to war surpassed my expectations. It's a shame about the excessively long NAP (I wouldn't consider a 2, 3 or even 4 month NAP ludicrous, but 6 months is really unnecessary imo :P).

Oh well, happy rebuild to all involved!

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Insert Name Here said:

Ultimately non-IQ could have just dragged it out till the opposition ran out of cash or resources, without nations capable of generating any substantial income, whereas non-IQ had several nations making large profits every turn / day. And since IQ not beiging was a part of their strat, they would also keep losing cash and resources via loot. All that combined would force them to dip into their reserves sooner or later.

However, that route would require resilient nations to withstand being pinned down and strong leadership to keep a cool head if internal pressure (from unhappy members) arose due to them being pinned down. That's why Arrgh is such an annoying alliance for may outsiders. The members are used to being rekt for long periods of time and don't give two shits about their infra, and I highly doubt the non-IQ membership has that kind of tenacity.

Considering the mass deletions by IQ, I'd say that the IQ membership has proved that they don't have tenacity, so non-IQ still pulls ahead.

Their resiliency is one of the main reasons why considered joining TGH, ultimately joined IoM, and never once looked at any IQ or IQ-signed alliance; we actually are stubborn enough to pull through.

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

We are definitely in the wildcard slot, or that's the purpose of us and our little bloc formation.

Good on you. That's the best way to go about things. Gives you more flexibility and makes things more unpredictable and interesting.

5 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Let's put it in a different perspective.

A lot of the critics of the 6mo NAP, could've helped tip the scales to reduce that term, or they had indirectly effected the war by hitting some supporters (IE: NB getting hit, when NB was initially on the supporting side against IQ).

Let's be real here, nukebloc declared like 8 wars, most of them by that guy who constantly floats between nk and arrgh. They were basically the equivalent of a stray raid. Not to mention most of them hadn't seen a major war in like 2 years. So acting like nukebloc getting hit was an impact on your war effort is dsingenuous. They had all the chance in the world to make a meaningful impact and didn't. 

Just now, Felkey said:

Let's be real here, nukebloc declared like 8 wars, most of them by that guy who constantly floats between nk and arrgh. They were basically the equivalent of a stray raid. Not to mention most of them hadn't seen a major war in like 2 years. So acting like nukebloc getting hit was an impact on your war effort is dsingenuous. They had all the chance in the world to make a meaningful impact and didn't. 

Look, we can get into semantics with this all you (And others) want, but the fact of the matter is - whether you viewed it as them "raiding" IQ or not, you effectively kept them from contributing anything further (Whether they intended to or not).

So yes, it was an impact, but it was a more 'indirect' one rather than a 'direct' one.  Considering their tiering and with what we had, they were fortunate to get the slots that they got initially.

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Look, we can get into semantics with this all you (And others) want, but the fact of the matter is - whether you viewed it as them "raiding" IQ or not, you effectively kept them from contributing anything further (Whether they intended to or not).

So yes, it was an impact, but it was a more 'indirect' one rather than a 'direct' one.  Considering their tiering and with what we had, they were fortunate to get the slots that they got initially.

Well if anything, us hitting them and dropping them lower would have helped with that tiering issue. Less infra and fewer nukes inflating those scores would have left them in a far better position to down declare. In terms of city count they look very similar to t$ I believe, and they've always managed to contribute to wars even if it meant running with an air heavy strategy. But they didn't do any of that before we hit them and they didn't after we hit them. It really just goes to show their intentions and proves the initial point that whether the impact was direct or indirect, nukebloc getting hit made no meaningful difference.

14 minutes ago, Felkey said:

Well if anything, us hitting them and dropping them lower would have helped with that tiering issue. Less infra and fewer nukes inflating those scores would have left them in a far better position to down declare. In terms of city count they look very similar to t$ I believe, and they've always managed to contribute to wars even if it meant running with an air heavy strategy. But they didn't do any of that before we hit them and they didn't after we hit them. It really just goes to show their intentions and proves the initial point that whether the impact was direct or indirect, nukebloc getting hit made no meaningful difference.

TLDR
Felkey wants TCW and TKR and IQ, nice.

settradirect.png

6 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

#1. Now will someone who did partake please execute the first AA to rebuild infra back to normal peace levels.

#2. NAPs were meant to be broken

#3 Only AAs listed are tied down by the NAP. Meaning you can effectively disband/create new ones to start wars.

6 hours ago, LeotheGreat said:

"mass ghosting, shell alliance hits"

6 hours ago, Betulius said:

Or change names, since they're only identified by name, not alliance ID

6 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

Does that mean those alliances spelled incorrectly in the OP are allowed to start new wars? Like "The United Empire of Zaharon" or "Principlality of Zeon"?

5 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

It's not ghosting/a shell if you actually get a community to form a subcommunity and break off.

5 hours ago, kalev60 said:

If any IQ members on list merge into one another the NAP is null-invoid, right? Am I doing this treaty-chess e-lawyering right here ? :D     

5 hours ago, Thomas Meagher said:

Always a way around these things. IQ will continue to merge into NPO/BK whilst the rest of us can just rebrand and do it again in a couple months. Easy enough solution :P

The amount of e-lawyers in this thread warms my heart .

3 minutes ago, Settra said:

TLDR
Felkey wants TCW and TKR and IQ, nice.

Where did I say anything about wanting IQ? That entire section is about how NB could have hit IQ.