And So the Dust Settles

The Mad Titan

43 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

"mass ghosting, shell alliance hits"

It's not ghosting/a shell if you actually get a community to form a subcommunity and break off.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Graham said:

Since people are complaining about the 6-month NAP and the stagnation of the game, I'm looking forward to all the non-participants to start something up in the near future! :)

As for those who fought in the war, it was good (and sometimes painful) fun while it lasted. 

You're essentially asking TKR to roll you here. Seeing as how most of the game just signed a 6 month NAP.

This ignoring that what you said wasn't a valid counterpoint to the issued to begin with. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy Graham said:

I didn't mean to counter anything. I'm just saying that since people see this as a move towards stagnation (and I agree 6 months is long), others will be actively trying to start something up. 

Is that an unfair assumption to make? 

Considering the 9 months prior of peace even despite not having a NAP for 2/3 of it, i would say it is fairly evident that the answer to your question is "Yes, yes it is."

• Downvote 1

Meh, as much as I instigated my opponents, I had fun in the war. Shame I'll have to LITERALLY HOLD MYSELF FROM HAVING FUN FOR 6 MONTHS.

Other than that, well fought everyone, and let's roll TKR next.

ARRGH!

• Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

12 minutes ago, Lairah said:

Considering the 9 months prior of peace even despite not having a NAP for 2/3 of it, i would say it is fairly evident that the answer to your question is "Yes, yes it is."

So how is that on those that fought the war? Or this NAP for that matter? Even if it was a shorter NAP,  people wouldn't have fought wars immediately after it expired anyways according to your logic. The people that fought the war were the ones that broke that 9-month peace. 

Edited by Jeremy Graham

If any IQ members on list merge into one another the NAP is null-invoid, right? Am I doing this treaty-chess e-lawyering right here ? :D     Congrants on both sides for finishing this up and I guess people more interesting in pixel-building won at the end.  

Just now, Jeremy Graham said:

So how is that on those that fought the war? 

Since i'm assuming TKR, TCW, Guardian, etc did not hold a gun to your heads to make you say "Yes, 6 months NAP for most of the game is very good.", the answer to your question is once again very evident indeed. 

You of course must remember, for the next 6 months, most of the game is treaty bound from touching each other. That's the fault of yourselves for agreeing to it. The only real war that could happen now involves somebody putting on their man-pants and deciding TKR needs to be a number other than 1. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Lairah said:

Since i'm assuming TKR, TCW, Guardian, etc did not hold a gun to your heads to make you say "Yes, 6 months NAP for most of the game is very good.", the answer to your question is once again very evident indeed. 

You of course must remember, for the next 6 months, most of the game is treaty bound from touching each other. That's the fault of yourselves for agreeing to it. The only real war that could happen now involves somebody putting on their man-pants and deciding TKR needs to be a number other than 1. 

There can be plenty of smaller-scale conflicts. You only seem to want globals. Adeptus Mechanicus can start something interesting as well. :)

1 hour ago, LordStrum said:

I remember when we vehemently shit on the idea of a 6 month NAP because it was too long.

Man, those were the days. Too bad they're far gone.

Always a way around these things. IQ will continue to merge into NPO/BK whilst the rest of us can just rebrand and do it again in a couple months. Easy enough solution :P

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

9 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

L-snip-

You're right, it's just feels so wrong. Like, this is what the game's become. Play it twice a year if you're absolutely lucky, (raiders not withstanding).

Hopefully all the big boys actually do something new FA wise instead of faffing about like they have been.

• Upvote 4

Logged in to upvote Buorhann.

This now feels like a loss.

Btw, if I'm Lordaeron, did I win?

• Upvote 1

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

24 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

A lot of the critics of the 6mo NAP, could've helped tip the scales to reduce that term, or they had indirectly effected the war by hitting some supporters (IE: NB getting hit, when NB was initially on the supporting side against IQ).

I guess then NB shouldn't have looked like they were just sitting around and should've actually joined. Can't blame us tbh

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, durmij said:

You're right, it's just feels so wrong. Like, this is what the game's become. Play it twice a year if you're absolutely lucky, (raiders not withstanding).

Hopefully all the big boys actually do something new FA wise instead of faffing about like they have been.

It's not bad, it just involves more innovation with the strategies.

If IQ had used this strat a couple of major wars ago, they'd have easily won, no doubt about it.

However, now it would've came down to what would've drained resources first - 1 Ship Raids or Airstrikes.  I'd easily lean on the former, but even then I acknowledge it would've gone a long time to do it.  The resource stockpile was high to try to burn through.

All in all though, I had fun.  A lot of my alliance members had fun.  My little coalition had fun (NSR/IoM/RW).  Sure, there were some frustrating times, but overall?  It got us involved.  My personal objective was to do something in this game after that 9+mo abomination of peace.

1 minute ago, Mitsuru said:

I guess then NB shouldn't have looked like they were just sitting around and should've actually joined. Can't blame us tbh

They did.  They had a few battles opened up on IQ.  Granted it was a handful, but it was there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

They did.  They had a few battles opened up on IQ.  Granted it was a handful, but it was there.

You're right but the one that might've done the most wars as NB member was Boyce. And to be honest, it's Boyce. He flips around between Arrgh and NK all the time. So personally I thought "Well, it's Boyce" :D

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

It's not bad, it just involves more innovation with the strategies.

If IQ had used this strat a couple of major wars ago, they'd have easily won, no doubt about it.

However, now it would've came down to what would've drained resources first - 1 Ship Raids or Airstrikes.  I'd easily lean on the former, but even then I acknowledge it would've gone a long time to do it.  The resource stockpile was high to try to burn through.

All in all though, I had fun.  A lot of my alliance members had fun.  My little coalition had fun (NSR/IoM/RW).  Sure, there were some frustrating times, but overall?  It got us involved.  My personal objective was to do something in this game after that 9+mo abomination of peace.

That sounds less like NB entered the war and more like they were just raiding, frankly.

• Downvote 1