Shifty News Network: The Cold War expands

My point was that people need to be held to their own standards, not mine. Buorhann is saying "don't make racial jokes with the intent to offend people, unless you're Arkiri and are willing to apologize and wait three weeks to do it again", which isn't terribly consistent.

Noted, I guess?

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

My point was that people need to be held to their own standards, not mine. Buorhann is saying "don't make racial jokes with the intent to offend people, unless you're Arkiri and are willing to apologize and wait three weeks to do it again", which isn't terribly consistent.

Noted, I guess?

ThraxTelling.png.7d2440bedaeaf8b973e40f677ab98773.png

I really don't think you got it.

• Downvote 1

settradirect.png

24 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

My point was that people need to be held to their own standards, not mine. Buorhann is saying "don't make racial jokes with the intent to offend people, unless you're Arkiri and are willing to apologize and wait three weeks to do it again".

Noted, I guess?

Digging that hole again.  Where's that Simpson's video clip?

Arkiri stated nothing about it until it was stated before him, but ok.  It's not entirely surprising from you, considering.

I don't think a lot of you understand the situation (And this includes my own members too).  I personally been born and raised in an area where racism is often viewed a common thing to happen to outsiders.  You know, the "South".  I grew up with people, especially the elderly, who were used to the times were racial terminology was a norm, it was a way for them to separate people when describing them (And this goes multiple ways, you'll be surprised at the various terms that Asians, Hispanics, Black, White, etc will openly say sometimes - especially the older generations).  Sometimes it was hateful, I won't lie.  I never said anything racist though, I'm actually surprised by it considering my surroundings while growing up.

In any case, I've seen it first hand from multiple perspectives.  Considering the demographic of my area when I was a kid, I often got bullied for "being white", but that's not to take away the years of derogatory/hateful statements other races have received.  Anyways, before I get off on a huge tangent on this, this isn't something you solve easily.  It's a process that requires time.

What Arkiri did in the past?  I got on his ass about it and talked to him about it.  I've been in that situation before, where I've assisted individuals who doesn't consider the consequences of their words.  Literally 5 years of my life was devoted to helping individuals improve their lives in that area, that was something I was awarded for in my honor's group during my college stint for my efforts in curbing racism and assisting people of all walks of life to better their lives.  I'm very much well aware of the process and what works, and what doesn't (Hence why I stated the dogpiling was a bad thing to do, that never works and immediately puts people on the defensive who will ignore you instead of listening).

Ever since that moment on the boards here, no one got close to treading that line.  We did, however, have a funny moment in VC and when a joke got too far - I immediately put a stop to it.  Even Kastor explained why it's hurtful to him, and people in the VC that evening apologized about it.  Yet you don't hear or see that because that's our business to solve and work through.

However, when we see clips of other people's Discords or screenshots of DMs, where they openly talk about "white men dying" or people "being in chains" or even "joking with slavery" - you know how much that counters the efforts some of us do to curb the use of racism here?

Some of you are too focused on trying to trigger the other side, that you don't realize that you're becoming just as guilty as what you're condemning others for.

I'm all for shit talking and having fun as long as it remains in-character, but as soon as someone opens up that door on making a racist joke and someone replies to it, then they immediately pin it on that 'other person' - I'm giving you the middle finger for opening up that door.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I wonder what it is I should be ashamed of, as a lot of folks over there keep threatening me with some log dump that should have me shook. I have never ever in my life said that anyone, including white men, should be killed. I have no idea what that is even about unless you are really taking the time to attempt to gaslight me, in which case, “For real?” 

And if you wanna log dump me responding to Kastor’s harassment of me, feel frickin’ free, my dude. It is absolutely nothing in comparison to the bullshit I have to deal with from you and yours on a regular basis. 

• Upvote 1

>from me on a regular basis

Now that's wrong.

The last DM we've had was back in early March.  I'm not in your Discord.  The only times we've referred to each other on the forums is when you're caught up in a shittalk fest with my members, and even then that's far and few in between.

Let's not exaggerate here.

Just to highlight Queen M’s “harassment”

I have deleted no messages during this time. 

image.png

image.png

Yet again, another chains/slavery joke. Yet no one says she’s a problem. But by all means, attack Arkiri. 

And I guess me commenting on posts she makes around the forums counts as “harassment” as well. In that case anyone who has a discussion with her is harassing her, according to Queen M.

Also you can see I have no in-game messages with her either:

image.png

So I wonder where this “harassment” comes from, or if, as usual, she’s trying to play the victim when she’s the one at fault.

Edited by Kastor
  • Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

23 minutes ago, Queen M said:

I wonder what it is I should be ashamed of, as a lot of folks over there keep threatening me with some log dump that should have me shook. I have never ever in my life said that anyone, including white men, should be killed. I have no idea what that is even about unless you are really taking the time to attempt to gaslight me, in which case, “For real?” 

And if you wanna log dump me responding to Kastor’s harassment of me, feel frickin’ free, my dude. It is absolutely nothing in comparison to the bullshit I have to deal with from you and yours on a regular basis. 

If you feel this way, settle it in-game. We’re right here and ready to kick SGM’s ass whenever you want. But constantly talking to Buor about made up issues because you can’t deal with anyone saying anything doesn’t mean he has to adhere to you. TGH members can do whatever we want. Either report us to the mods and if it doesn’t fit in that then handle it with pixels. Otherwise for the love of God, Shut the HELL up!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>from me on a regular basis

Now that's wrong.

The last DM we've had was back in early March.  I'm not in your Discord.  The only times we've referred to each other on the forums is when you're caught up in a shittalk fest with my members, and even then that's far and few in between.

Let's not exaggerate here.

You and yours = your alliance; not you, specifically. It’s not always about you.

All the static is in your members going out of their way to troll me or my alliance. ‘Don’t start none, won’t be none’ is the phrase. I defend myself against known trolls and !@#$ and I’m wrong?

K.

I’d honestly prefer if we just stay in each other’s respective lanes. Y’all don’t like me/TRF and we over here feel how we feel about TGH. There’s nothing to say here and no reason to keep this going. There’s no reason for us to do any of this if we all just mind our own business.

5 hours ago, durmij said:

I mean, theoretically there is some space with resisting fascism for conservatives, if they actually want to take up the space and do the work. I'm actually pretty blase about other political ideologies outside of the alt-right/neo sphere at the moment. Nuance does exist there. But in practice, while people like me have to come out and explain that no, shit like The Shining Path was not good, the right, here and elsewhere, never get called on to distance themselves from those who discriminate based on inborn traits.

Really glad to see your recent use of the N word was totally a one time thing that in no way reflects your character. Super stoked that you aren't displaying similar behaviour patterns that would ultimately reveal your apology to be pablum merely to get out of the social consequences of your actions.

Oh? So queen M can say something much worse than I can?

• Downvote 1

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

2 minutes ago, Arkiri Arch said:

Oh? So queen M can say something much worse than I can?

But would she? Did she? Nope.

Have you? TWICE?..........

Edited by Queen M
For clarity
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Queen M said:

But would she? Did she? Nope.

Have you? TWICE?..........

>Called Buorhann Kastors "Massa" directly infering kastor is a slave to buorhann

>asking if kastor was in the sunken place

You have said racial things, twice, and just in the topics ive seen. Me and you made our peace before though, thats why when I quoted you in this topic here

I said I wasnt calling you out, but the situation im describing perfectly describes this situation here. Hypocrisy. All I can say to Durmj, you're a troll just like us.

Edited by Arkiri Arch
Spelling
  • Downvote 1

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

31 minutes ago, Arkiri Arch said:

>Called Buorhann Kastors "Massa" directly infering kastor is a slave to buorhann

>asking if kastor was in the sunken place

You have said racial things, twice, and just in the topics ive seen. Me and you made our peace before though, thats why when I quoted you in this topic here

I said I wasnt calling you out, but the situation im describing perfectly describes this situation here. Hypocrisy. All I can say to Durmj, you're a troll just like us.

>didn’t call Buorhann “Massa.” He interjected himself into the conversation. Never once have addressed him unless it was in response to him coming at me.

>You used his name as synonymous with the n word. Asking if he was in the sunken place was, and still is, a valid question

I have said racial things to Kastor because I am black, too. *surprise*

I don’t care, dude. I don’t care about you, Kastor, Buor, or your alliance.  We can be indifferent to each other or you can clock me as an enemy. Leave me/us alone and we’ll leave you alone. It’s really all it is. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Queen M said:

>didn’t call Buorhann “Massa.” He interjected himself into the conversation. Never once have addressed him unless it was in response to him coming at me.

>You used his name as synonymous with the n word. Asking if he was in the sunken place was, and still is, a valid question

I have said racial things to Kastor because I am black, too. *surprise*

I don’t care, dude. I don’t care about you, Kastor, Buor, or your alliance.  We can be indifferent to each other or you can clock me as an enemy. Leave me/us alone and we’ll leave you alone. It’s really all it is. 

So being black negates the fact that you're racist to me, another Black? 

We’re hitting you in 2-3 months. Mark my words.

• Upvote 3

lol the thread could have gone either way until kastor posted those screenies. For someone preaching at Buorhann to hold members accountable you should really hold yourself accountable as well. 

*insert spider man pointing to himself meme here*

• Upvote 1

Hey y'all, 

Here we are again in yet another public warning to everyone up in this thread. Except this time this is an immediate close-of-thread. The amount of reports directly from this thread and the extreme derail and racial posts have forced my hand - and I don't like my hand being forced.

Thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5