[Organic]Rule Guidelines suggestions

I agree with this, the number of "I'm expanding to ____ for strategic reasons" posts without much explanation is troublesome.  They don't help to move the plot of the RP along and they don't add to the canonical history of the RP. It also seems like many people feel obligated  to expand on a monthly basis. I think this should also extended to  moving territories. While countries occasionally abandon territories IRL, it tends to be rare. Also, just because they countries do abandon territories, that doesn't inherently translate to the acquisition of new territories. The French didn't get to claim the Malvinas Islands because they gave up Algeria.           

I get you on that. I think we can work on expanding the expansion rules and perhaps even setting a cap on expansion, so when you reach X province count you can't expand any further. Also when people get too big on the map, it wards new players off. 

I appreciate the thought that went into this, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea. It would definitely create functional limits for development, but it creates a few problems. The first three things that come to mind are: (1) It encourages land grabbing for resources and disadvantages nations with small territorial borders. I, for one, would have approached the RP very different from the beginning if this was in place. (2) More complicated rules mean more work for moderation and makes the RP less accessible for new players. The more people in the RP the more interesting it becomes, so I think we should avoid anything that could deter new players from joining. (side-note: some of the behavior in this thread is a really bad look, and after reading it, I wouldn't blame new players from joining. If I had seen such behavior and drama, I would have been reluctant to join). (3) Implementing a resource system means having implementing systems that derive from that e.g. now you have to decide how much of each resource is necessary to build certain things, and that can get out of hand quickly. 

I have been getting that gist from players. I do see it will make the rules much more complicated, but I did design it to be enforceable. I was talking with my fellow NAB friends and I was hoping to set military unit constructions there as well. Since I do sometimes having rules to follow makes the RP much less loosely vague and would bring purpose with land acquiring. Though I would note that smaller nations as a result would need to find partners to trade with etc...So it might be helpful to spark some RP interaction. Though I do see your concerns with who sets the resource requirements, who distributes them etc...

• Upvote 1

So, I started writing a response to frame out a basic set of guidelines for new players. As is typical, it got a little out of hand. By the time I was done I realized I had most of a RP tutorial written, so I figured I'd just flesh it out all the way and tack on a brief how-to for newbies. It might be a decent start to a broader frame-work for the RP. I'm sure it could use some additions and subtractions to get it to a finished product that is agreeable to everyone. Anyway, if anyone is interested in reading a "book", I've posted it below.

An Introduction to the PnW Nation RP: How to Build a RP "Good" Persona, Get Started, and Be a "Good" Community Member

Greetings! Welcome to the National Role-Play section of the PnW forums. It doesn't matter if you're an experienced RP veteran or you have never done this type role-play (RP) before in your life, we hope you will take the time to consider joining us. Whether you have been browsing this sub-forum for a while and have developed an interest in RP or you just happened to stumble upon this forum accidentally, getting started can seem like a difficult task if you are unfamiliar with RP. But, I promise, it isn't!

Below you will find a some-what in-depth beginners guide to help you get started. This introduction covers four things: (1) How to develop a "good" persona for your RP nation; (2) how to get "officially" recognized and put on one of the RP maps; (3) things you can do to get started developing your nation; and (4) a list of RP best practices. Please keep two things in mind when reading this document. First, this is only one way to approach the PnW Nation RP, it is not the only way. Second, this how-to is by no means exhaustive, but it should get you well on your way to being an integral part of the PnW RP community.

Introduction

What is Role-play (RP)? Role-play comes in many forms. In an RP you take on the part of a person or character and interact with others in a in a themed fictional setting. The fictional setting can vary from broad and undefined campaign to a very precise re-enactment of a historical event. RP can encompass a wide variety genres, including history, fantasy, and science fiction. In the PnW National RP you take on the role of a country and the people within that country. You then act out the development of your country and its interactions with other countries. This can range from acting out the life of a specific individual to the developing the policies of an entire nation?

At its heart RP is a form of collective story-telling. Many authors contribute to one big story. Along the way, they develop smaller stories. By participating in this RP you are working with others to develop a historical canon that makes up this particular fictional world. 

Making Choices

In a few minutes, you're going to contemplate several important choices about the character of your nation. These choices are going to shape how you RP and how others react to you in the RP. Before you start making choices, I want to encourage you to consider two important things.

Balance. One of the most common mistakes new RP'ers make is failing to take into account the need for balance when first developing their RP nation. You will often see new RP'ers introduce a nation that has a massive developed economy, large population united in their beliefs, and gigantic modern military. In many RP communities there are strict guidelines that define how a nation can be structured in order to encourage balance. While there are certain rules in place in this RP that put limits on this sort of thing, the PnW Nation RP sections to be relatively regulation in this regard. As such, it isn't against the rules to introduce a large, wealthy, modern country with a sizable military, but doing so affects the balance of the RP.

If your nation is the most technologically advanced, wealthiest, awesome-st country on the planet, it gives your nation an advantage over other nations in military, political, and economic aspects of the RP. This is generally considered poor gamesmanship and should be avoided. When choosing the character of your nation, I implore you to consider the need for balance and make realistic choices. If your nation has a huge diverse population with a gigantic military, perhaps it also has servere economic problems. If your nation is highly advanced and wealthy, perhaps it is also small and has a low population.

Interest. Making interesting choices benefits not only you, but the RP community. Having countries with different sizes, different levels of wealth, access to different resources, and different political problems makes the RP more interesting. Diversity in the type of nations in the RP means there are a more types of interaction for players to experience, more incentive for interaction, and more varied plot development. When all the nations in the RP are too similar, story-lines tend to get repetitive and the RP tends to stagnate. W

Furthermore, by creating a nation that has flaws, you are making it easier on yourself to develop your nation's plot and backstory. Having economic disparities, political difficulties, and social problems gives you something to write about and helps to move your national development along. It makes your writing more interesting and it gives others something to work with. When deciding on what your nation is like, I encourage you to consider the need for diversity.

Getting Started

Step 1: Figuring out a national theme.

The first step you should take in this RP is to figure out a national identity. You don't need to have every aspect of your national identity figured at the beginning, but you should have a basic idea of what it is like to live in your country. You can work out the details as you go along. At the beginning it is sufficient if you can answer the questions "Who lives in your country?" and "What is it like to live in your country"".

There are three major things you should consider when starting-off are; culture, government, and attributes.

Culture

Your nation's culture is key element to your RP persona and should play a large role in how your nation behaves. There are many aspects to culture and as you develop your RP persona, it is likely that you will develop cultural idiosyncrasies that are specific to your nation. For example, your people might like bull-fighting, be heavy drinkers, dance badly, or observe some strange ritual. At the beginning all you need to do is nail down the basics. You do not need to be very specific, it is enough if have a broad conceptualization of how things flow.

The first aspect of culture to consider is your country's cultural history.

1. Language. This is probably the simplest choice you make with regard to cultural history. What language do your people speak? All of your RP on these boards will be done in English, but you can give your nation a little bit of personality by choosing one or more language to be the dominant language(s) in your country. Do your people speak German? Chinese? their own unique language? a dozen different languages? In this example, our nation will speak Arabic.
  2. Values. Another important aspect of your nations cultural history is your country's values. What things do they consider good or bad? desirable or undesirable? Your nation's values will shape the way its citizens behave and how your government react to world events. Do they value selflessness? military prowess? individualism? If you're new, it is best to choose a 2 or 3 major cultural values to start off with. You can always incorporate new ideas later. In this example, our nation will value self-sufficiency and piety. 
  3. Norms. Based on your nation's values, you identify a generalized set of norms, the standards and expectations for behavior, that exist within your nation. Do your people learn to horsemanship or military skills from an early age? Are they socially conservative or widely hedonistic? Your norms can be complementary or conflicting. They also can vary between different groups in you country. In this example, since our nation values piety, we will make our people somewhat traditional.

National History. 

Your national history is the history of your country. It tells others how your nation started and how it developed. Having a national history can help you explain why your people act certain ways, do certain things, or have certain beliefs. It can also help other RP'ers understand your vision for your nation and where you intend to take your nation in the future.

1. Origin. How did your people get where they are? Have they always been there, did they flee religious persecution in their homeland, were explorers from a distant land? How they got where they are now can both be a byproduct of your national culture and influence your national culture. In this example, we will make our people descendants of Arabic pirates who established an island outpost somewhere. 
  2. Formation. How did your nation develop? Was it the byproduct of a bloody revolutionary struggle, peaceful succession movement, has it always been there? In this example, we'll make our band of pirates a group of exiles who settled peacefully in an uninhabited area and eventually developed their own government.
  3. Backstory. You can ignore your national backstory for now, but it's worth considering at some point, even if it's only in broad terms. Your national backstory is everything that's happened between when your country was formed and modern times. Your nation might have a history of violent religious extremism, constant civil war, or a long tradition of democratic government? For the sake of simplicity, we will ignore the our country's backstory. 

So, now we have the rough outline for our country's culture. We are a bunch of moderately religious and individualist Arabic speaking pirates who settled somewhere after being exiled from their homeland. 

Government

Many of your interactions with other players will be "official" actions on behalf of your government. As a result, it is necessary to develop a basic framework for your government in order for others to understand how to interact with you and why you make the choices you do. If you are inclined to do so, you can work out the details later on, but for the moment you should consider the following three things.

1. Type. Since this is a Nation RP, government is an important aspect of the RP. To start off, you will need to pick a form of government. The two simplest types of government to start off with monarchies and dictatorships. For beginners, choosing these types of governments allows you to make quick changes, only have to develop one major persona (the dictator/monarch), and doesn't require a lot of elaboration on the inner workings of government. If autocratic rule isn't your thing, then a somewhat generic republic with few specifics is a good way to start off. No matter what you choose, you always sort out the details later. You can always change your government later. In this example, we'll choose an absolute monarchy with a pirate king.
  2. Demeanor. How does your government react to your people? Are they repressive or inclusive? A mix of both? Do they advocate specific issues or style of life? In this example, we'll make our pirate king a benevolent leader, who tries his best to make other pirates happy.
  3. Capacity. How effective is your government? Is your government full of competent bureaucrats or is it corrupt and falling apart? Is it a loose confederation or a strong centralized state? In this example, our government will be mostly ineffective.

So now we can add a government to our persona. A weak government lead by a benevolent pirate king that governs our band of moderately religious and individualist Arabic speaking pirates who settled somewhere after being exiled from their homeland. 

Attributes

Every country has dozens of different attributes that cover a broad spectrum of things. Most of them are just to add flavor to your nation and can be developed later. However, because they play a large role in how you interact with others, there are three things that warrant consideration from the beginning.

1. Economy What does you country's economy look like? Is your country poor or rich? Is your economy stable or does it have major issues? Is wealth uniform or are there vast disparities in income? Are your people farmers, miners, or arms merchants? For our example, our nation will be relatively poor. It will be based largely on maritime trade, but some of our people will occasionally resort to their old pirate ways.
  2. Population. How many people live in your country? Is your population small and homogeneous or massive and varied. Perhaps it is somewhere in between. For our example, we'll make our population small.
  3. Military. How big is your country's military? Do you have a huge land force or maybe your air force is the envy of the world? Perhaps your nation's military is small and only used for defensive purposes? Maybe it has no military at all. We can't have a nation of pirates without a strong naval tradition, so for our example, we'll have a moderately sized pirate fleet.
  4. Foreign Policy. How does your nation interact with other nations? Are you people imperialistic, isolationist, internationalist, etc?. For our example, we'll make our nation lean toward militarism and have slightly erratic behavior.

Now we have a rough framework for our nation. A weak government lead by a benevolent pirate king that governs our band of moderately religious and individualist Arabic speaking pirates who settled somewhere after being exiled from their homeland. Our population is small, poor, and desperate. We have a moderately sized navy. We are open to diplomacy, but can be aggressive and erratic.

Getting on the Map

Awesome! Now, we have a basic concept for your nation. The next step is to get on the map. There are currently two "Info & Application" threads, one for National RP and the other for Organic RP. National RP tends to be more informal, but it does have more restrictions on what you can do. Organic RP tends to be more in depth, but has fewer restrictions on what you can do. Both RP's have active communities. Both have different players and nations. Many people take part in both. You will have to take a look around and decide if you prefer to be involved in one or both of the main RP's.

Once you've located the appropriate "Info & Application" thread, you're going to need to evaluate the map. It should look similar to the map below. There will be colored areas, which are already claimed by another nation, and white areas that are currently available to claim. There are limits on how much territory you can start off with in each RP Info & App thread, so be sure to read the restrictions on claims.

FTohDiP.png?1

Before you make a map claim, you should think about the decisions you have already made about your nation. We decided that our nation is made up of pirates who settled down somewhere. We also decided that our nation was going to be relatively small. Our claim should reflect these things. To keep our claim consistent with our national identity, I've decided to pick out a few provinces in Antarctica, since it's near to both the coast and far from the homeland they were exiled from.

The application thread asks for several things, but the only things that are truly necessary are a nation name, nation description, and claim map. Our example nation is dubbed "Piratistan", we'll use the description we developed earlier in this post, and the claim map below. If you want to add population figures and other information now, you should feel free to do so. If you would to have a national flag added to your claim, you can choose a real world flag or use one of the numerous flag makers you can find online. FlagMakerJr,  Scrontch's Flag Designer, and FakeFlag.net are some of the most accessible websites for making a flag. None of them require a login, pay, or install anything.

m9Rovvt.png?1

Congratulations! you're now set-up and on the map. You'll need to make a post in the appropriate sub-forum following your application in order to stay on the map. After that you'll need to post at least once a month to remain on the map. From here, it's time to start developing your nation and interacting with players. 

Easy Ways to Get Started

The world is now at your finger tips. Your nation is at your command. So what do you do now? This RP is essentially a "sandbox", which means it has no set goal or purpose, so you are free to do almost anything you like. Here are few common ways that people get started:

1. Make a Declaration of Existence - This one is easy. If it fits into the history of your nation, make a post declaring your country exists. This can  be a couple paragraphs or a few pages, it's up to you. Explain how your nation was formed, who inhabits it, what kind of government are establishing, and who is in charge. 
  2. Tell the Story of Your Struggle for Independence - Is your nation a former colony that fought for independence, a break-away territory, or group that fled their homeland to establish a new country? Tell us how it got to that point! Was it a peaceful breakaway or was there a conflict? Who were they fighting? Why? For how long? What does your new nation aspire to become?
  3. Write About An Election or Coronation - Maybe your national backstory characterizes you nation as one that has existed for a long time. In that case, you might not want to issue a declaration of existence or tell about your revolutionary struggle. Instead you can tell us about the recent election or coronation that put your government in power. Don't forget to include things like who the major players are, why people wanted them to be in charge, and their roles in society.
  4. Establish a News Service - Does your nation have a news service? You might want to establish one. Tell us about the things going on in your nation in a broadcast format. Has there been a new election? Are you experiencing a drought? Is it baseball season in your country? Tell the world. Feel free to add a few pictures to help set the tone.
  5. Write a Fact-book - A fact-book is an encyclopedia that has information about your country.  Often times they contain the same type of information you would find about a country on wikipedia. There's no need to write an entire wiki page worth of stuff, but you certainly can if you want. Outline your nation's government, culture, history, and economy. Often the easiest way to start a fact-book is with a few general headers that have a couple of sentences or paragraphs about the aspect of your nation that is being discussed. You can always go back and fill in more information later.
  6. Call for Ambassadors - Ask the nations of the world to send envoys to your nation. Invite the world to your nation for a party. Ask them if you can reciprocate by establishing an embassy in their nation. Then see if there are any common issues your nations want to address.
  7. Post to Someone Else's Event - There are generally lots of things going on in the RP world, from civil wars and natural disasters, to policy announcements and technological advances. Find one that is ongoing and post on behalf of your government. You can weigh in with an opinion, advice, or support.

Do's and Don'ts of RP

Both of PnW's national RP's tend to be very laid back. Most people are willing to help you, either on one of the RP subs, in private messages on the forums, or via the RP discord server. If it's your first RP don't worry too much about making mistakes, everyone starts out at different levels. No one is going to yell at you for screwing up. But there are things you can do or avoid doing to help everyone enjoy the RP as much as possible. This is not a rule-book, but rather a set of best practices.

DO:

1. Develop Breadth. RPs that have breadth allow players to interact in many different ways. In geo-political RP's this means countries have the ability to take action to deal with a variety of different problems. These can be social, economic, political, ecclesiastical, or humanitarian. It doesn't matter whether it's constantly being at war, always being at peace, continuously experiencing growth, or experiencing the same sort of turmoil repeatedly. RPing the same type of events over and over can gets stale and players get bored. The best way to avoid to avoid tired and repeitively plot-lines is to develop an RP that has breadth. As an RP'er you can help by developing a wide variety of stories about your nation and engaging a broad range of issues. 
  2. Develop Depth. RPs that have depth keep players engaged. You can engage a many different topics, but if there is only ever surface level information and interaction it's hard to really get into the plot. Developing depth requires is probably the single most difficult thing to do in an RP setting, it requires continued commitment to a single story-line over a period of time. As an RP'er you can help by developing interesting characters with their own quirks and conflicts and creating nuanced story-lines that don't always go in the direction you expect. The best RP'ers are ones that are able to develop breadth and depth. 
  3. Show Us, Don't Tell Us. Simply stating that there is an ongoing crisis in your country, that your people fear for their security, or that your people are suffering is certainly acceptable. But, good RP moves beyond just direct statements. If you've ever seen the Star Wars franchise, you know it can be summed up as "There was a power struggle for control of the government. A group of rebels fought against an oppressive totalitarian regime." But, such a description would be a great injustice to the series. It illustrates crisis by showing how it impacts peoples lives, it creates fear by triggering the reader's basic instincts, and it shows suffering by appealing to your humanity. Good RP should do the same. As a player you can help by developing illustrative stories that help show the impact of events.
  4. Maintain Logical Consistency. It is important to be internally consistent within the RP. This doesn't mean that nothing should ever change and that you can't introduce new aspects to the RP. But, rather that your characters and plots should fit within your overall theme and behave in more or less consistent manner. If your country's leader is a malevolent psychopath, his actions should consistently reflect that. If your nation adopts a particular doctrine or system of beliefs it should be in-line with your established canon.  It is completely acceptable to have your characters change or move your canon in a new direction, but there should be some sort of process involved that leads to the change. For instance, our malevolent king might slowly be influenced by his advisers or have a life altering experience that causes him to change. As a player you can help by keeping in mind established canon and making changes incrementally.
  5. RP About The Things You Like. People RP better when they like what they are RP'ing about. They can offer more insight into a specific area and create both breadth and depth simultaneously. However, it's important to remember that not everyone likes the same things. At some point you will probably encounter a plot line you think is boring or a character you think is dumb, such is the nature of collaborative story telling. As a player you can help by working on things you like, letting others work on things they like, and seeing if you can't get them to work together as part established canon.
  6. Interact With Others / Build on the Work of Others. RP is about interacting with others and working collaboratively. Working with others in the RP is beneficial for everyone. Collaboration means that more than one person can share the load of building complex plot-lines. It also means that each individual RP'er never knows exactly what direction things will take. These things help to keep things plot development interesting and keep stories consistently moving. Without collaboration and interaction RP is just a series of individual monologues standing in isolation. As player you can help by seeking ot others and working together.
  7. Maintain the IC / OOC Line. Every RP'er has an Out of Character (OOC) persona, the person you are in every day life, with all the beliefs and baggage that comes along with it, and potentially dozens of In Character (IC) personas. It is better for everyone if IC and OOC issues stay separate. You may not like the way someone RPs, the characters they develop, or the stories they tell. You may not like that someone invaded your country, destabilized the global economy, or committed some violation of international norms, but you shouldn't let that affect how you view them as a person OOC. Similarly, you may have disagreements with people OOC, you shouldn't let that seep into the RP. Mixing OOC and IC problems never ends well and always serves to make things worse. As a player you can help by maintaining distinct IC and OOC personas, keep IC forums IC, and always differentiating what is your opinion and what is the opinion of your RP characters.
  8. Advance the Plot. It is important to keep story-arcs developing. It is alright to move from one story-line to another, and then come back to a new plot. In fact, doing so is often a good way to create depth. However, there will be times when a plot-line begins to stagnate despite not reaching a conclusion. When this happens the RP can bog down around a particular issue or character. In these instances sometimes it is necessary to intentional take an action you know will move the plot along to keep the story going. This could be the untimely death of a particular character, introducing a natural disaster, or moving in a new direction politically. As a player, you can help by adding new developments to story arcs that have lost steam. 
  9. Give People the Benefit of the Doubt. Sometimes people are going to screw up, some times they are going to annoy you, unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary, assume that people are fallible and that it was a momentary lapse in judgement or an honest mistake. If you move past a unfortunate incidents, it's better for everyone involved. As a player, you can help by leaving the past in the past.
  10. Have Fun. This is an RP. This is supposed to be fun. If it stops being fun it's probably time to move on. As a player, you can help by keeping things in perspective.

DON'T:

1. Don't God-mod. Traditionally god-modding is developing abilities, characters, or plots that give your nation a decisive and insurmountable advantage. However, it also includes: manipulating what happens to other people's characters or territories without permission; always refusing to take any losses or lose; never suffering from negative events or repercussions; having armies that are too large, too advanced, beyond your nation's capacity given its established canon, unsustainable in common sense terms, etc; and creating national geography that is in your extreme advantage or to others extreme detriment of others. As a player, you can help by being balanced and encouraging fair-play.
  2. Don't Meta-Game. Meta-gaming is taking any action or using any strategy that exists outside of the RP to influence the RP. Typically meta-gaming falls in two categories; Using knowledge gained OOC for IC purposes, for example discovering a player is a planning a major military offensive from an OOC discussion and then RPing your nation having knowledge of the incoming attack and being able to preempt it, and manipulating OOC factors to influence IC, for example baiting or compensating another player OOC to take an IC action. As a player, you can help by maintaining a strong IC / OOC line and encouraging others to do the same.
  3. Don't create Mary Sues. A "Mary Sue" are characters that perfect. They preform better than they reasonably should give the bounds of reality. For example, a leader who is a smooth talking and always able to bend the people of your nation to their will would be considered a Mary Sue. Alternatively, having a nation that only every experiences economic growth and political harmony would be creating a Mary Sue. Hyper-realism is not required in the development of characters. Sometimes it is just simpler to develop over-the-top characters and other times it's necessary to help a story develop, but use a modicum of sense. As a player, you can help by creating realistic characters.
  4. Don't Get Too Lost in the Details. Specification sheets, statistical digests, long lists, and overly complicated diagrams make for good technical manuals, but they don't necessarily make for good RP. You can include "tech specs" for things, but they should be used to add flavor to an existing plot-line and not in lieu of on. Diagrams and lists can be useful to illustrate complicated topics and create a broader understanding of scale, but they need to be simple enough to be understood by a layman. As a player, you can help by focusing on story-telling, avoiding jargon, and limiting things that are overly technical.
  5. Don't over-night things. Building things takes time, whether that is developing new technologies, increasing your population, or constructing an army. Things should try to develop things in the RP over time when possible, unless there is something in established canon that allows you to do something quickly. If you do rapidly create something, minimally you should provide a backstory for how you were able to do so, and there should be a political or social consequence for doing it. For example, if you rapidly raise an army through conscription, you might suffer from major political unrest. As a player, you can help by developing things incrementally and on a reasonable time frame.
  6. Don't Grief Other Players. Griefing is intentionally taking actions IC that you think will irritate or anger other players OOC. This can be developing a plot-line to intentionally ruin a plot that someone else has been developing, building technologies or abilities that you know another player doesn't like and then unleashing them on them, or generally just being a nuisance to get a rise out of someone. As a player, you can help by being considerate of others. 
  7. Don't Immediately Resort to Moderation. Moderation should always be the last resort to get something done. The first step should always be to try and work things out between yourself and other players individually. If you find that to be impossible, you should seek out others in the community to see if they can help to resolve the issue. As a player, you can help by only requesting moderator intervention should only happen once all else has failed. 
  8. Don't Use Moderation as a Weapon. This generally falls under the category of meta-gaming, but it warrants specific consideration. Mods are there to keep the playing field level and resolve disputes when all else fails. Mods do not exist to help you get your way either IC or OOC. It's OK to ask a mod to intervene if you believe there is a genuine problem, but it's not OK to report people in an effort to discourage them from taking actions that are within the bounds of the RP. As a player, you can help by playing within the established bounds of the RP.
  9. Don't Post Explicit Content. This is a Nation-based RP and sometimes politics can get nasty. Torture, gore, humanitarian atrocities, violent behavior, and many otherwise unpalatable things happen every day in the real world. Introducing these types of stories into the RP should be done carefully and with consideration of others. There is no need to graphically describe such things. If that fact that doing so is generally a terrible thing to do isn't enough to dissuade you, it's also against the forum rules.  As a player, you can help by abiding by the norms of common decency.
  10. Don't Skirt the Rules. There aren't many rules in the PnW Nation RP forums. The ones that do exist tend to be enforced in a fairly lenient manner. Just because something is allowed under the current rule-set doesn't mean you should do it. It is impossible to create a rule or guideline to deal with every potential issue that may arise, and we really shouldn't have to. As a player, you can help by operating in the spirit of the rules and not just the letter of rules.

Edited by Aguacenta
  • Upvote 3