[Organic]Rule Guidelines suggestions

• Moderators

Dear Roleplayers,

I have gotten a complaint from a player about "playing within your means", and as much as I had hoped any issues could of been resolved between the players due to the fact the player base here have complained that the moderation team interferes with RP, so I listening to you, the players, and I decided to take a step back and allow you to resolve any issues that could occur, and only stepping in when necessary. To ensure my decisions were not biased, I created a NatRP Advisory Board that helps me create guidelines and helps me make decisions. I may have had the final word in the group, but they were my eyes and ears. They ensured I wouldn't miss anything when I was handling a report, and I believe they have done that since then. I have always listened to you and the Advisory board i created so I wouldn't make a decision that could be biased. 

However, an issue has come up, and I have had to make a swift decision before the team I have created was able to debate and inform me what would be the best solution that we could create to ensure a fair decision. 

Issue # 1) Tech Differences.

It is time to create a guideline between tech differences.

Industrial Revolution tech(IRT) - Nations who are using Industrial Revolution Era technology. Any nation who is not using technology created after 1840 will be classified as an Industrial Revolution tech nation I know at this time, no nation is using this technology but I decided it was best to go ahead and add this to the guideline

Cold War Tech(CWT)  - Tech based from 1945 to 1991. If you are using these tech or designs of this style of tech, you will be considered as a Cold War tech based nation.

Modern Tech(MT) - Tech in this time will be a little in the grey area. I will consider anything from tech created from 1991 to 2018 as MT

Post Modern Tech(PMT) - Tech between MT and FT. To be qualified, you must have tech greater than MT but less than Spacefaring tech. If you have spaceships that can travel the Speed of light or faster, you cannot be in this tech group

Future tech(FT) - Any nations who have hit spacefaring tech. nations that have hit the ability to manufacture and produce spacecraft that can go faster than the speed of light and go to different solar systems will be included in this tech group.

And of course, FT can not aggressively hit nations below them. PMT and MT can attack eachother due to the ability of MT being able to defend themselves against PMT(example: Vietnam War. America had the tech, but the Vietnamese were able to continue their war efforts due to guerrilla warfare and etc) 

Warning: A Modern Tech nation can attack a Future Tech nation, which temporarily voids this guideline. If a MT attacks a FT, the FT is allowed to defend and call allies to assist. 

Issue # 2) This post

W8Jc0B5.png&key=b74dac2860d4a8000c2fed07

and

kmarlSP.png&key=f2d680888d416745f55d2899

borderline the "stay in your means", and gives the player a unfair advantage. I suggest that a player can introduce big giant monster fish, as long as they RP it out, and make a distinct weakness to them so other players have the ability to defend themselves until the player under attack can create a long term solution via tech they created via RP. This way, people can RP using biological weapons, however the player in the defense can defend themselves, if RPed correctly, and creates a need to interact and create interesting stories on this RP.

issue 3) Suggestion Delays

I am not always on the forums. I work a lot, but I do use Discord everyday. I will create a discord server that the players can join and post their suggestions and make reports of rule violations. This should speed up the process, however I am currently trying to decide if I want to reveal the identites of the players who are on the NatRP Advisory Board or not, so I am still working on this issue.

If you have suggestions, please reply here, and once a decision is made, I will post it in Organic RP Subforums. 

Thanks o/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

• Moderators

Per @Eva-Beatrice's suggestion

"Also with the "faster than light" stipulation, I'd say interplanetary travel should be the base level for FT."

any objections to this?

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

Interplanetary travel happens today. Terraforming is ft but the simple act of traveling between planets is hardly FT. FTL is the baseline for most advanced civilizations and I hardly see any reason to do otherwise here.

• Moderators

Suggestion 2) Removal of FT and only allow technology that exists in real life

Due to a player who is against others using Space tech, I would suggest that if we do remove Space tech and/or FT, that you can only RP tech that actually exists in Real Life. Essentially anyone who is RPing space tech and magic will have to give up their current tech and match the real. This would be the only fair compromise I could find. 

Remember this is just a suggestion, and the original post is a suggestion. Once the playerbase agrees to which suggestions they like, then I will post those guidelines in Organkc RPs subforum.

Suggestion 3) Changing NatRP and Organic all together

This would basically restart Organic and cause players to flock to NatRP, but make NatRP a national roleplay while making Organic Space RP. I want to note im highly against this suggestion. 

giphy.gif

Interplanetary travel happens today. Terraforming is ft but the simple act of traveling between planets is hardly FT. FTL is the baseline for most advanced civilizations and I hardly see any reason to do otherwise here.

I generally agree with this sentiment. Space travel is possible in a modern context. Classifying travel between planets as future tech means that any nation that sends a manned mission or probe to Mars would be classified as "Future Tech", which is simply not the case, since it is something that is achievable with current "real life" levels of technology.

However, with all things, it is a matter of degrees. While sending a single manned mission or probe to another planet is certainly not FT, the construction of a fleet of large "space arks" is FT or similar, even if they travel at sub-light speed is definitely FT.

Cold War Tech(CWT)  - Tech based from 1945 to 1991. If you are using these tech or designs of this style of tech, you will be considered as a Cold War tech based nation.

Modern Tech(MT) - Tech in this time will be a little in the grey area. I will consider anything from tech created from 1991 to 2018 as MT

I am not sure this differentiation is necessary. These technologies existed contemporaneously, and many "poorer" countries still use Cold War era equipment. It is entirely possible that a Cold War era T-62 facing off against something modern.

If it is really necessary to delineate historical eras, because a consensus can not be reached on what is an acceptable level of development, then the simpler the better. Something like...

Historical Tech: Technologies used prior to mass industrialization (circa 1910s-1920s and before).

Contemporary Tech: Technologies used after mass industrialization to the present. Also includes "near future" technologies that are reasonably achievable given current levels of development, i.e. they are likely to become reality in the next 25-50 years. Basically, if you walked up to an engineering or design team and said "if I gave you a near unlimited R&D budget, and brought in worldwide expertise, can you build ___ in the foreseeable future" and the answer is "Yes." Then it falls in this category.

Future Tech:  Technologies not reasonably achievable given current levels of development. If it doesn't fall in the previous two categories, it goes here.

Personally, I don't see how the creation of certain future tech isn't a light form of god-modding since it presents its users with an unequivocal advantage, especially given it is usually presented without much explanation or without a process of development or significant backstory. This might be less of a problem for those that are familiar with the outside story-lines and technologies they are based on, but I'll be the first to admit I have very little knowledge of such things. Then again, this RP community is in many ways very different from those I have participated in in the past.

However, while I tend to be very conservative in my RP and tend to focus on realism, I recognize that RP is about fun, and that others have different ideas about what makes RP fun, so at a certain point the introduction of fantasy or science-fiction elements is inevitable to a certain degree. Although, such things make it incredibly difficult to interact IC at times, since there is no common frame of reference. Some RPers manage this better than others, and I find that even when a nation professes future tech, it is easy to find common ground for the development of the broader community if all parties are willing.

I am not sure that splitting OrgRP into different eras is wise. I find it to be generally unfortunate, since larger communities lead to more avenues for development and interaction and interaction is at the heart of most RP. Otherwise, we might as well all just stand in a room by ourselves while we preform a monologue. On the other hand, I sometimes find myself wondering if it would not be better to have separate "Sci-fi" and "Fantasy" RP sections for those that wish to partake in such things.

Edited by Aguacenta
  • Upvote 2

• Moderators

After creating the server, I have finally finished the discord server thanks to @Prince Hunter of Bavaria and a few other members who were pre-invited to ensure masks were created correctly. 

Due to his work on helping create the server, Prince Hunter of Bavaria is going to be the discord mod who will mask you as NatRP or OrganicRP player and help moderate the server. 

This server basically will be a direct line to me, which should make create a faster response time for me.

Invite Link: https://discord.gg/Ty9hZw4

giphy.gif

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

Personally, I don't see how the creation of certain future tech isn't a light form of god-modding

It isnt giving them an advantage. FT nations cannot attack MT nations aggressively to begin with. In my opinion, that causes a form of divide and puts up barriers to keep players from interacting, but it was the way we kept both parties happy, until now when a player decided that nobody should have space tech, now we have to have a debate on the way we handle it. I personally wanted to keep it the way it was, cause less Forum Moderation and have the player base more indulge in self moderation via the United Nations that was suppose to be created(I do not remember if a UN was created or not.) due to the reason that everyone wanted to go to Organic RP for a less moderated RP. I backed off from Moderating to the best I could(there was certain issues that required that I stepped in) however I was under the impression that personal beef between the players would be dealt between them, not delt with using Forum Moderation. 

30 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

I am not sure this differentiation is necessary.

Each time I made a guideline simple, players would find loopholes, however I didnt state Modern Tech couldn't hit Cold War tech or Visa versa. I only started that FT cannot aggressively hit anyone in a different tech group. Would a simple and easy guidelines easier to moderate? Yes, unfortunately there is always issues that could of been handled if I had made the guidelines more detailed and complicated. 

34 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

However, with all things, it is a matter of degrees. While sending a single manned mission or probe to another planet is certainly not FT, the construction of a fleet of large "space arks" is FT or similar, even if they travel at sub-light speed is definitely FT.

I would agree with this. 

giphy.gif

My RP for Leviathans was in the making for a long time. Since I landed ON the Water Planet I have introduced the rp communnity to the Leviathan species. And I have given a valid reason on why they went where they went, how I made them speed up the growth and how it was before and etc. I wouldn't be bothered by making the Anatomy of the Reaper Leviathan, if it only was requested and not sent to the mod.

While I was complaining about the doings of Eva-Beatrice and the large military. I have set a question on how she can mantain it, not answred, the question was put up twice. Then Eva-Beatrice has not made any specifications and weaknesses to her Army, while most of us posted Many Specs of Armies, either via Wikipedia link or what PRC did. Now, I have two complains here, how can she do all of the above when having that large of a military, then it is not specified which tanks. It can be a New Zealand WW2 Bob Tank as far as we know, it was never specified. 

Other is the Elements she made up and the magic sword. Eva said she introduced the Ether Element as protection against our space-faring vesseles, while I think it is OP as it sucked in an armada of Missiles and it was only dammaged, then the sword without any explenation, she said 'it was just a poisonous sword', and the newest element she found. I do admit having a Navium element, and I planned on only using on small usage like Batteries for small units used in the Military or any Civilian, so reducing the consumnment of Batteries, but as she made up Ether as Self-protection against our fleets, I'd have to do something as well.

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

It isnt giving them an advantage. FT nations cannot attack MT nations aggressively to begin with.

Yes, but only because of an artificially imposed rule, which complicates RP and doesn't make logical sense in IC terms. No nation is going to have access to advanced technologies or weaponry and not use them in a conflict. It's the functional equivalent to the British showing up in Africa and saying "Yeah, I know we have riffles and machine guns, but we're going to fight the natives with spears and wooden shields".

In my opinion, that causes a form of divide and puts up barriers to keep players from interacting, but it was the way we kept both parties happy,

It definitely causes a barrier. I also understand that it was put in place to placate the different groups in the RP community, but that doesn't make it a good rule, nor does it address the underlying problem.

...until now when a player decided that nobody should have space tech, now we have to have a debate on the way we handle it.

Given conversations I have had with fellow community members, there is definitely more than one person that takes issue with the presence of far future technology, or minimally take issue with the way it tends to develop. I am not sure what percentage of the largery community they comprise, since it's usually off-hand conversation. Certain people are definitely more vocal about it than others about it.

I personally wanted to keep it the way it was, cause less Forum Moderation and have the player base more indulge in self moderation via the United Nations that was suppose to be created(I do not remember if a UN was created or not.) ... however I was under the impression that personal beef between the players would be dealt between them, not delt with using Forum Moderation. 

I agree, that would certainly be the ideal way to go about things. What can we RPer do to help facilitate it?

Edited by Aguacenta
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

Yes, but only because of an artificially imposed rule, which complicates RP and doesn't make logical sense in IC terms. No nation is going to have access to advanced technologies or weaponry and not use them in a conflict. It's the functional equivalent to the British showing up in Africa and saying "Yeah, I know we have riffles and machine guns, but we're going to fight the natives with spears and wooden shields".

Yes, however the device between the two groups when Organic RP was being created was basically cut in half. Still is from what i can tell, however I had to make compromises to facilitate both sides. It was the only compromise I could make that wouldn't resort to multiple players quitting the RP. Yes, as a moderator, there is times as I have to put my foot down and be stern, and then there is other times I have to be lenient and make compromises on my decisions. No it doesn't make any IC sense, however it was the only way I could get the two parties to move on during the creation of Organic RP. 

6 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

Given conversations I have had with fellow community members, there is definitely more than one person that takes issue with the presence of far future technology, or minimally take issue with the way it tends to develop. I am not sure what percentage of the largery community they comprise, since it's usually off-hand conversation. Certain people are definitely more vocal about it than others about it.

Same thing could be said to players using Anime and Magic, but nobody is throwing a fit over that. If the players using FT have to give up their tech, than the players using Anime and Magic have to give up their stuff as well. 

8 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

I agree, that would certainly be the ideal way to go about things. What can we RPer do to help facilitate it?

Stop using moderation as a weapon. Example, the current tensions between the UNSC and CEAN(is that what it is called?) Could and should be handled via players, however I got messages and reports from both sides(mostly between two certain players, one from each side) and on top of that, going straight to Alex, the game developer to interfere in Organic RP. Moderators shouldn't be used as a weapon. When we created Organic RP, they wanted noderstors out of their RP as much as possible and very limited rules and they wanted to moderate themselves. I was fine with that, it actually would actuall6 allow me to start branching off towards new subforums and help more with the other subforums on this website, but I always seemed to be getting PMs on here, having to do investigations and try to ensure the decisions I made were straightforward and unbiased in any form. 

• Upvote 1

giphy.gif

Same thing could be said to players using Anime and Magic, but nobody is throwing a fit over that. If the players using FT have to give up their tech, than the players using Anime and Magic have to give up their stuff as well. 

Personally, I have no problem with that. Others might.

Example, the current tensions between the UNSC and CEAN(is that what it is called?) 

I'm not sure what tensions you are perceiving, but if there is any tension between those groups, it's entirely one sided. IC issues between economic and military spheres is part of the game. As for the OOC issues between certain members of the community, I try to avoid that like the plague.

Could and should be handled via players...

Discussions are ongoing and in IC. It's somehow developed into a broader IC political crisis that it should have, so it takes time to navigate.

...however I got messages and reports from both sides(mostly between two certain players, one from each side) and on top of that, going straight to Alex, the game developer to interfere in Organic RP.

I can't speak to that, but seems silly to me.

Moderators shouldn't be used as a weapon. 

Definitely don't disagree there.

Edited by Aguacenta
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

not sure what tensions you are perceiving, but if there is any tension between those groups, it's entirely one sided. IC issues between economic and military spheres is part of the game. As for the OOC issues between certain members of the community, I try to avoid that like the plague.

I am going off by the current topics I have read and what I have been told. I haven't had time to do a full investigation on it though, not do I feel that is necessary. 

3 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

Discussions are ongoing and in IC. It's somehow developed into a broader IC political crisis that it should have, so it takes time to navigate

This is how it should be handled. Players who are interacting with eachother to resolve issues diplomatically or via war. 

5 minutes ago, Aguacenta said:

can't speak to that, but seems silly to me.

I agree, it seems silly to me to. 

giphy.gif

I would firstly like to thank Aguacenta for not only being an amazing and excellent RP'er, but one who actually knows discourse is better than complaining and ranting. On this issue, I think we need to be clear it is not simply about Space RP and not. There are a lot of countries that are not involved in Space Technology and specifically there is a group of nations; the UNSC that is involved with Space. At least in the majority. So, if we want to have an honest discussion all issues should be addressed. We can't ban a single type of RP which has been significantly RP'ed by a good portion of the RP. 

I'd appreciate if we stopped taking IC matters to OOC matters. Far to often people get butthurt (for lack of better term) and then go !@#$ about it OOC. People need to be more mature on these issues, on an RP group we have its like a golden rule. The RP is the RP. Wether we do something that could be offensive irl, or if we fight each other we keep the RP to the IC and as that. I don't think we should complain about something OOC without having merit. If someone is waving their d*ick around in the RP without any RP, or creating ubermentsch monsters without logic then yeah write a formal complaint. Don't go on a rant about how 'Space' tech which is more expansive than a ship that flies with guns, lets go back to being comprehensive on getting an agreement and compromise to make a better community. 

I am against splitting the community because that happens each and every time and surprisingly..its always the same group of people. If we split, things will get better. FALSE. The only thing that happens is your problems go away. For the time being, we can either have a community, or you guys can go back to being split on every single fecal matter. Here is my position, remove the entire FT and MT bracket and let either party be free to combat. Will it be dangerous. Yes. But it will mean cooperative RP, if you create an international league to stop conflicts and bring about peaceful relations...that is RP. If you form an alliance with a space-nation because apparently they are to OP. Then you have understood what Geopolitics it. You can't be the superpower of every-game, but you can sure as hell be a good supporting character. I can only speak from experience.

In the UNSC, the Resorian Imperium led our charge forward as a global superpower. To which France understood if we wish to keep our power in geopolitics then we would need a good ally. So, the UNSC was formed in an effort to keep France on top. That is what Geopolitics is about. When I go into Louisiana it is not because I have a fetish for a French empire, it is because I know it will aggravate the US and I can iniate a conflict in hopes of expanding my holdings or because I wish to put an end to the US which helped fund rebels in the French Civil War. Actions have consequences we need to live with them. 

To conclude my position. I would highly suggest we change our attitude. I would undoubtfully be willing to toss aside my space-ships and my space-colonies for a constructive RP. But I don't think you can ask anyone to toss their RP away because you don't like it, or because you can't RP. That in my opinion is horrible for a community and if one thinks like such I am sorry, but you should leave. If you want an RP experience that is Timide, I designed ORP to be a constructive experience. Go to NATRP instead for that laid back RP.  I would support a Modern-Day theme RP that focuses on economic, social, political, and geographic development rather than conquest, conquest, conquest. 

Best regards, 

• Upvote 1

Merkel's Comprehensive Agreement on Organic Role-Playing

In an effort to derail my attempts to study french, I present to you the MCA for ORP

In good-faith recognizes all parties have given their vocal opinion, 

Understands many concern with realism in RP 

Understanding these concerns

With the proposed military limits,

We would create a map of resources. Basically, there would be resources like lumber, natural gas, coal, rare-earth minerals, etc...Each nation in their starting points understands these resource allocations. Each province would be worth 5,000 of X resource. Resources like steel, petroleum, and carbon-fiber would require Industry Provinces which would replace a resource province. In essence there would be three types of provinces

Military Province: Produces Military Units as agreed by previous RP rules

Resource Province: Provide X amount of resourcs

Industrial Province: Provides Population Boost, Economic Productivity, but removes Military and Resource Buff. 

Expansion is limited to four provinces every two months. The RP's have become a land-grab based system where people expand for the sake of expanding or to basically beef up their armed forces etc...With limited 

Warfare is de-regulated to allow free-interaction. Nations can 'research' two technologies every week and most consistently RP their developments.

These are some of the ideas I can spit out at the moment. I will add on more, and if anyone wishes to add onto these please let me know! 

• Moderators

suggestion 4) Species only found in the real world 

A player wants to remove any alien species, however if we remove aliens from the picture we will remove any species that isnt in the real world that isn't apart of IRL earth(Robots from outer space, Alien fish, witches and etc.) 

If this is suggestion is accepted, every player will have to be a Human, an average human that we know of as of today. 

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Erin Brockovich said:

Issue # 1) Tech Differences.

It is time to create a guideline between tech differences.

Industrial Revolution tech(IRT) - Nations who are using Industrial Revolution Era technology. Any nation who is not using technology created after 1840 will be classified as an Industrial Revolution tech nation I know at this time, no nation is using this technology but I decided it was best to go ahead and add this to the guideline

Post Modern Tech(PMT) - Tech between MT and FT. To be qualified, you must have tech greater than MT but less than Spacefaring tech. If you have spaceships that can travel the Speed of light or faster, you cannot be in this tech group

Future tech(FT) - Any nations who have hit spacefaring tech. nations that have hit the ability to manufacture and produce spacecraft that can go faster than the speed of light and go to different solar systems will be included in this tech group.

And of course, FT can not aggressively hit nations below them. PMT and MT can attack each other due to the ability of MT being able to defend themselves against PMT(example: Vietnam War. America had the tech, but the Vietnamese were able to continue their war efforts due to guerrilla warfare and etc)

I say keep this. It doesn't prevent nations from interacting with each other in the slightest. It's purpose is for protecting RPers who choose to not be as advanced as others, what with at least half of the RP capable of building space armadas and terraforming other planets.

14 hours ago, Erin Brockovich said:

Per @Eva-Beatrice's suggestion

"Also with the "faster than light" stipulation, I'd say interplanetary travel should be the base level for FT."

any objections to this?

The reason I brought that up is because it's easy to get around. One could say that their vessels travel below the speed of light, thus not placing them in the Future Tech category. Personally, it's my opinion that space RP should be separate from a nation RP, but I'm willing to simply ignore it. I'll alter my suggestion. How about classifying Future Tech nations as those who possess anything beyond orbital spacecraft such as satellites, space stations, etc. and other various spacecraft that's used by RL nations? I'm aware that we send things to other planets, but as of right now, the only place other than Earth that humans have visited is the moon.

4 hours ago, Erin Brockovich said:

Suggestion 2) Removal of FT and only allow technology that exists in real life

Suggestion 3) Changing NatRP and Organic all together

I'm against this as well. So long as the technology levels are enforced, there shouldn't be a need to worry about those who possess space tech. As far as mashing the RPs together goes, don't. NatRP allows more freedom as far as posts go, so it wouldn't really accomplish anything.

4 hours ago, Rimski said:

My RP for Leviathans was in the making for a long time. Since I landed ON the Water Planet I have introduced the rp communnity to the Leviathan species. And I have given a valid reason on why they went where they went, how I made them speed up the growth and how it was before and etc. I wouldn't be bothered by making the Anatomy of the Reaper Leviathan, if it only was requested and not sent to the mod.

While I was complaining about the doings of Eva-Beatrice and the large military. I have set a question on how she can mantain it, not answred, the question was put up twice. Then Eva-Beatrice has not made any specifications and weaknesses to her Army, while most of us posted Many Specs of Armies, either via Wikipedia link or what PRC did. Now, I have two complains here, how can she do all of the above when having that large of a military, then it is not specified which tanks. It can be a New Zealand WW2 Bob Tank as far as we know, it was never specified. 

Other is the Elements she made up and the magic sword. Eva said she introduced the Ether Element as protection against our space-faring vesseles, while I think it is OP as it sucked in an armada of Missiles and it was only dammaged, then the sword without any explenation, she said 'it was just a poisonous sword', and the newest element she found. I do admit having a Navium element, and I planned on only using on small usage like Batteries for small units used in the Military or any Civilian, so reducing the consumnment of Batteries, but as she made up Ether as Self-protection against our fleets, I'd have to do something as well.

You can keep your stupid alien fish things, which are equally as ridiculous as all the anime references I include by the way. However, since we are in different tech levels, you're unable to use them against me. Mkay?

As far as my military goes, I'm staying within the military maximums and building it up little by little. I am not required to explain how I maintain it. But while we're asking questions, you still haven't provided a reasonable answer as to how you're able to construct and maintain a space armada. As for my specifications, I'm working with original artwork most of the time and don't have anything to go off of. I have, however, explained what the primary method of attack is that each of my military vehicles use and their downsides. This is taken from my Ragnite post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weaponized Forms:

Ragnite discharge is the primary method of attack used by Rokkenjima's tanks, aircraft, airships, and naval ships, and requires a fairly large gun or cannon that is capable of doing so. The discharge of Ragnite, in the case of tanks, requires at least a full minute of charging to fire, while the larger amounts fired by aircraft and ships may require several minutes.

First downside. This gives the enemy quite a bit of time to launch attacks of their own. During the charging phase, my military is basically a sitting duck.

Once fired, the Ragnite materializes as a destructive beam of light, hurling through the air towards the target at great speeds. This is known to result in a considerable amount of recoil experienced by the object firing it.

Second downside. In the best case scenario, a tank will be knocked back, breaking formation. For ships, they'll lean to the opposite side, throwing off the trajectory of the beam. In the worst case scenario, a tank will flip over, unable to move anywhere. For ships, they'll capsize completely.

It's notable that this beam is bright enough to instantly blind anyone who should look at it with the naked eye.

This downside applies to both sides. Protective eyewear must be worn at all times when these weapons are in use.

Ragnite beams can be continuously fired for up to ten seconds for tanks, and twenty seconds for aircraft and ships. During the firing process, it is very difficult to alter the trajectory of the beam. If it misses its target, the firing process is usually ceased and restarted.

I've already explained how easy it is for the beam to miss, and how long the charging phase lasts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, it isn't difficult to find pictures of my military vehicles. Anyone who sees my tanks should be able to conclude that they're nothing like what RL nations use. My Ragnite post explains their method of attack, downsides, and their armor.

As for Ether, I was RPing it long before the missile post was made (which was complete BS in itself, as I didn't even exist in the RP at all when they were supposedly fired at my spacecraft which again, shouldn't have existed). Much like Ragnite is an alternative to oil, Ether Rings are my alternative to a missile defense system. And they weren't just damaged. They were destroyed completely.

And for the sword, it's literally just a poisonous katana blade. There really isn't anything magic about it.

1 hour ago, Erin Brockovich said:

suggestion 4) Species only found in the real world 

A player wants to remove any alien species, however if we remove aliens from the picture we will remove any species that isnt in the real world that isn't apart of IRL earth(Robots from outer space, Alien fish, witches and etc.) 

If this is suggestion is accepted, every player will have to be a Human, an average human that we know of as of today. 

So long as the tech levels are enforced, again, this shouldn't be necessary. My government may be witches, but that doesn't mean I plan on using them to fight in wars. This also leads me to another topic. If anyone has read Umineko, the source material for (some) of my RP, then they'll know that everything that occurs is completely possible for humans. The challenge is figuring out how. Schrödinger's cat box is a concept that comes up a lot throughout the story. In short, it's the idea that anything which occurs within a space free from outside observation could theoretically have an infinite number of explanations or outcomes. This is why, even if everyone was forced to be human, there's nothing stopping me from saying my government consists of witches, as know one ever sees them. It's basically an elaborate game of make-believe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

5 hours ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

. - Snip -

I have explained many times on how I mantain my space armada and HOW I built it,  like everyone in UNSC. With Spectres Support. And the prices for ships is reduced heavily when you have resources from colonies. I haven't used the Ships in a long while since I started manufacturing them and even when they were done. You have complained about this,  while you built 51 spaceships out of nowhere. 

Why would I not be able to attack you? Technically I just backwards evolutionaized their birth,  released the Animals and they migrated on your own will. It is no attack of mine directly

You just say 'tanks'. What kind of. If it's modern how can you manage to mantain it and do all other. Numbers don't mean anything if you can't use them,  and same goes for pictures and a bunch of words that mean nothing. Put in specs or if I ever attack Rok and don't get a Tank Link,  valid mantainment reason,  I'll consider them the first tanks that have ever existed. That would go on your fault as you never put up a 'which tank' so how could we know,  it's the same scenario with the leviathan. I wrote that post so you can do something against it and not complain. Then what I expect from you is to write up descriptive posts on your army,  not just numbers increasing,  and then how you mantain it. Don't say I am boring with the mantainment,  as nobody said if we hit cap there won't be drawbacks to the nation. If you want to search for the 10 points I had on mantainment and other things I had for you and protectinf me it's on the discord.  Don't comaplain on not wanting to read them

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

I’ll use this opportunity to voice my main complaint. I understand that Organic doesn’t have any restrictions on interaction. However, I will not sit here and be forced to interact with whatever BS someone may come up with, regardless of how weak it is. I’m not forcing you to interact with the anime stuff I RP. Arguing that these Leviathans just so happen to be entering my territorial waters and preying upon my vessels of their own free will isn’t a valid excuse. You’re still the one who is writing out their actions. I know that as things are now, removing shit like this from the RP isn’t going to happen. Since that’s the case, giant alien fish monsters, unless they come from a non-future tech nation which is highly unlikely, should not be able to interact with nations below the Future Tech category.

• Upvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

If I want to RP FT, I hardly see why you can sit there and tell me not to. Especially when you yourself have 51 spaceships.

Fine. I'm content with not attacking MT nation's aggressively. That eliminates the technology advantage and permits you to kick the hornet's nest as much as you want while we ignore you. I have spent a large amount of time explicitly outlining the specs of every weapon, ship and colony. I have applied exponentially more effort into my RP than Rok has in any of there's. I have wilki links to every weapon or a description of the capabilities of them on the factbook page. I hardly see why I shouldn't be allowed to RP my tech when I've provided detailed schematics to every weapon. Not to mention the massive amount of effort I spent drawing up the history for the colonial insurrection, which doesn't actually match Halo.

So yeah, I'd quit the RP if you removed FT. Because I have poured effort into creating this tech, the history of my nation, the culture, and the goals. If you're going to wipe that because 'its an unfair advantage' when we already posses a rule stating we can't attack MT nation's, then I'm walking. It's trying to 'fix' a system by forcing or coercing everyone into the same linear RPing. I'm not doing that.

• Upvote 2

Hey y'all, I'm just getting back into some RL free time. 

I just wanted to drop by and let you know that I will RP my nation any way I damn please - I'll also hook up with any nation RPing here to create some awesome stories and fun out of it. If y'all with me, hit that like button. ;) lmao I'm jk. 

But seriously, I will be RPinig however I want...bc its fake and not real, so deal with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Hey y'all, I'm just getting back into some RL free time. 

I just wanted to drop by and let you know that I will RP my nation any way I damn please - I'll also hook up with any nation RPing here to create some awesome stories and fun out of it. If y'all with me, hit that like button. ;) lmao I'm jk. 

But seriously, I will be RPinig however I want...bc its fake and not real, so deal with it. 

Ur mad

• Like 1

@Eva-Beatrice,  Round 2 as I read all of it now. 

-You say you stay in your limits and build up a little. 10k tanks made out of nowherenis not little

-Noone said that if you stay in the limit that there won't be no reprecussions on your economy

-Instead of using Ether,  you should have built Anti-Balistic Missiles

-They were not made up,  Spectral is not enforced to RP every missile transfer or every bullet fires by his army. 

-Even though it was completely destroyed,  it sucked in a whole armada of Missiles with no dammage done to your nation directly except Metal and Ether being dropped onto the ground to be transformed into some cheap cars

-'It is just a poisonous blade. ' Instead of that, try making something original. I have copied off Subnautica for the Planet and Species,  your entire rp is based on Anime and Witches. 

-It is franqly impossible for that large of a Tank Army to be all Modern Tanks. Let's say you use the element on all of your tanks. Most will be destroyed before they even shoot as it is impossible for you having so many Modern Tanks. You have more tanks that Bosnia currently has Active Personel. 

- You are mad about the thing with Leviathans. I Wrote what their flaws are,  I rp'd them for months ooc and I made logical reasons on why and where they go. Now you take this into consideration. When you were blockading China it was no thing as it was in 'International Waters'. A blockade is a blockade which is preventing your ships to move which is considered an act of war. When David gave me evidence on your threats,  you claimed it was ooc,  but you cannot split ooc and ic. It could have been considered IC as you talked about ic and what can happen if he refuses. It has direct correlation to the RP. 

-I've talked plenty of times on the Soace Armada,  yes I am repeating,  and many flaws to your rp. You ignore,  I've tols you how and what and why,  you ignored and you come here making this feud

-As already Noted,  if you don't like it that means they will be deleted (Leviathans). Instead you could have told me to make an Anatomy post on them to know their heres and theres, but you went straight to the mod

-Yes you need to explain how you mantain it. Otherwise everyone can go to max,  do whatever the hell they want. Make 50k+ Leclerc Tanks and not have a negative effect on the nations economy. 

@Erin Brockovich

-On the note of FT-MT tech barrier,  get rid of it. It ruins the rp. There has to be an underdog to every story and this will prevent from anything happening. It's not like irl the people can say 'no you cannot invade us because your army is more advanced' Without that then the UN and the SC would have a reason to exist. 

Edited by Rimski
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For Rimski:

Then Eva-Beatrice has not made any specifications and weaknesses to her Army, while most of us posted Many Specs of Armies, either via Wikipedia link or what PRC did. Now, I have two complains here, how can she do all of the above when having that large of a military, then it is not specified which tanks. It can be a New Zealand WW2 Bob Tank as far as we know, it was never specified. 

Why should any player have to explicitly define what their forces consists of? This isn't explicitly a military RP. People find different aspects of the RP to be interesting and choose to develop that aspect of their nation. You can make great contributions to the RP community through developing social, political, and economic aspects of a nation. Furthermore, if your concern is about engaging in "combat", it's entirely possible to develop a convincing and in depth for a military campaign without ever mentioning a particular piece of equipment.   

Part of having an unregulated RP is figuring out a way for all these things to work together, and accepting that sometimes things are going to work out to your detriment. The trick is to not let it get out of hand.

For Hunter:

I'd appreciate if we stopped taking IC matters to OOC matters ...  People need to be more mature on these issues, on an RP group we have its like a golden rule. The RP is the RP. Wether we do something that could be offensive irl, or if we fight each other we keep the RP to the IC and as that. I don't think we should complain about something OOC without having merit.  

I don't really pay attention to the drama between others, but this really seems to be the crux of most of the issues. Even in this thread, which is supposed to be about building a set of community guideline, certain folks have turned to petty bickering rather than a constructive conversation. A stronger IC / OOC line doesn't prevent this sort of thing, but it'd definitely help.

We would create a map of resources. Basically, there would be resources like lumber, natural gas, coal, rare-earth minerals, etc...Each nation in their starting points understands these resource allocations. Each province would be worth 5,000 of X resource. Resources like steel, petroleum, and carbon-fiber would require Industry Provinces which would replace a resource province. In essence there would be three types of provinces

Military Province: Produces Military Units as agreed by previous RP rules

Resource Province: Provide X amount of resourcs

Industrial Province: Provides Population Boost, Economic Productivity, but removes Military and Resource Buff. 

I appreciate the thought that went into this, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea. It would definitely create functional limits for development, but it creates a few problems. The first three things that come to mind are: (1) It encourages land grabbing for resources and disadvantages nations with small territorial borders. I, for one, would have approached the RP very different from the beginning if this was in place. (2) More complicated rules mean more work for moderation and makes the RP less accessible for new players. The more people in the RP the more interesting it becomes, so I think we should avoid anything that could deter new players from joining. (side-note: some of the behavior in this thread is a really bad look, and after reading it, I wouldn't blame new players from joining. If I had seen such behavior and drama, I would have been reluctant to join). (3) Implementing a resource system means having implementing systems that derive from that e.g. now you have to decide how much of each resource is necessary to build certain things, and that can get out of hand quickly. 

Expansion is limited to four provinces every two months. The RP's have become a land-grab based system where people expand for the sake of expanding or to basically beef up their armed forces etc... 

I agree with this, the number of "I'm expanding to ____ for strategic reasons" posts without much explanation is troublesome.  They don't help to move the plot of the RP along and they don't add to the canonical history of the RP. It also seems like many people feel obligated  to expand on a monthly basis. I think this should also extended to  moving territories. While countries occasionally abandon territories IRL, it tends to be rare. Also, just because they countries do abandon territories, that doesn't inherently translate to the acquisition of new territories. The French didn't get to claim the Malvinas Islands because they gave up Algeria.           

Nations can 'research' two technologies every week and most consistently RP their developments.

I don't mind this idea, but it's going to cause some refinement to define what a "technology" is and what an acceptable rate of development is.

For Eva:

As far as my military goes, I'm staying within the military maximums and building it up little by little.

Yeah, but if the goal is common sense, the current military maximums are broken. Pretty much that maintains a large military in the RP would be suffering from a major economic crisis or have insufficient resources to actually maintain their forces given their current territories. Add on to that the problems of manpower and global resource availability, if we achieved the RP military maximum IRL, we'd probably be living in a resource depleted wasteland. This is mostly a personal gripe for me, but as is so-often quoted, RP economies are not RL economies.

I am not required to explain how I maintain it. 

You're not, but for the logical consistency of the RP it would be nice if everyone at least provides some sort of backstory for such things. 

More for Rimski:

I'll consider them the first tanks that have ever existed.

I would assume this would be forbidden by the RP rules, since manipulating another player's units, territories, or internal development without approval is blatantly god-modding.

When David gave me evidence on your threats,  you claimed it was ooc,  but you cannot split ooc and ic. It could have been considered IC as you talked about ic and what can happen if he refuses. It has direct correlation to the RP. 

I disagree, IC and OOC should always remain separate. It is entirely possible to discuss IC issues in an OOC matter. It's important to differentiate when you're doing one or the other.

For all:

It might be a better idea to approach this in the abstract rather than the specific. At the heart of this conversation is really the question "What is beyond the scope of the RP?"

From other RP's I've done, typically things that make this sort of list include - 

• Manipulating what happens to other people's stuff.
  • Always refusing to take any losses or lose.
  • Never suffering from negative events or externalities
  • Having armies that are too large, too advanced, beyond your nation's capacity given its established canon, unsustainable in common sense terms, etc.
  • Creating national geography that is in your extreme advantage / to others extreme detriment.

• Like 1

@Aguacenta,  if she doesn't mention them how would we know

I do think OOC and IC should be left apart. I have gotten butthurt a few times and went hostile IC. Don't mean to hide it,  but some people don't know how to split OOC and IC.  As I already mentioned, a good example,  when Eva talked to David John Alexander ans threatning him,  when put as evidence in UNSC it was deemed not valid as it was ooc,  but technically it is as it has a result ic and works as a dialouge in the rp itself

Now what I'd like to add is that I think Talks between nations should be on the newly made discord server with the attendants and Erin being able to overlook it or forums except the Large Side Talks as in the two sides of the Cold War, to prevent important leaks by some accidents [and all conversations are set on one server I assume as UNHQ/SC is,  I'd assume CEAN does the same on the Rok server] 

Now alas,  Natioms shouls have set Army Equiptment links,  so in combat,  over time as each nation can find out what is their weakness by either it being said as "Classified" and handwritten rp or linked via wiki link

Now what you said,  the 'having too large of an army etc. ' I've said it plenty of times,  nations can be inside the limit, but have negative consequences on your Economy or it's peformace as a large ammount of tanks become easy prey,  kinda like the Winter war,  hard to miss a soviet soldier. 

Re-reading,  when I said 'you cannot split ooc and ic' I mean by she considers some ic interactions as ooc and vice versa.