RNN: Rokkenjima News Report Episode 6

Eva-Beatrice

UAxsKB0.png

Ohayōgozaimasu! Welcome to episode 5 of the Rokkenjima News Report here on RNN! I’m your host, Clair Vaux Bernardus. And happy Spring, everyone! I don't know about you, but I'm certainly looking forward to the warmer weather. We even have a special Spring-themed cover image for this episode. Anyway, before I get too carried away, let's get to the news. *giggles*

Starting off with domestic-related events, the cherry blossoms are in full bloom across Japan. Tens of thousands have come from Rokkenjima's other territories to witness their beauty for themselves. Places such as Kyoto and Tokyo have seen the most amount of tourists during the past few weeks. There have even been some local festivals popping up here and there. The time for seeing the cherry blossoms is almost over, however, so we encourage those who are able to visit to do so quickly!

A view of Kyoto's cherry blossoms at night:

T1hbbOg.jpg

Secondly, it is our pleasure to announce that the new cities of Alcamoth and Vaux-shi are officially open! I'm honored that the Council decided to name a city after me. *giggles* If you remember, it was stated that Ether would be utilized in the construction and design of Alcamoth. With the city's opening, we finally understand why. The entirety of Alcamoth floats above Eryth Sea, with the only way to enter being teleportation pods. I bet the view from the city is breathtaking, especially at night. The city of Vaux-shi, located in southeastern Hokkaido, is notable for being the island's second major city. It will also serve as the location for the upcoming space elevator, which is still under construction. I can't wait to visit! I'll probably head there as soon as today's episode is wrapped up.

Pictured from left to right, the cities of Alcamoth and Vaux-shi:

hwbNMWI.png

Next up, as many of you know already, Rokkenjima was among the four founding members of the Coalition of East Asian Nations, or CEAN for short. It was an honor for us to host the initial conference of delegates from Aguacenta, Salazarstan, and Thailand at home in the city of Tokyo. Already, the amount of trade between our nations has significantly increased, along with the number of tourists visiting Rokkenjima. With more and more allies forming in East Asia, as well as the opportunity for CEAN's continued growth, Rokkenjima has offered to construct a headquarters for the organization in Tokyo. Of course, nothing is set in stone as of yet, but we do hope to see Tokyo picked as the location for CEAN's HQ if there is one.

Lastly, an update from Rokkenjima's Department of Foreign Affairs. Just last night, Rokkenjima officially withdrew from the United Nations. This comes after several aggressive actions were seen from the alliance's military in South and East Asia throughout the week. In response, Rokkenjima's own military began to increase its presence in the South China Sea, where it can more easily observe the UN's military movements whilst protecting Rokkenjima's territory in the region. The withdrawal from the UN was met with overwhelming approval from the nation's populace, with their opinion of the organization at an all-time low. Following the move, several changes to Rokkenjima's foreign affairs white list were made. As of now, greenlit nations whose citizens are permitted to travel to Rokkenjima include: the Southeastern Republic, Grand Sufi Order, Phoenixia, Salazarstan, Kingdom of Thailand, and the Republic of Aguacenta. Of these nations, those who have established embassies within Rokkenjima's capital of Evatrice include all except the Southeastern Republic. The Witch Council is currently considering allowing Rokkenjima's citizens permission to visit fellow CEAN countries.

That's all for this episode of the Rokkenjima News Report here on RNN. Until next time, ja ne!

Edited by Eva-Beatrice
  • Upvote 3

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."