Econ Questions

CuppyCakeYums

So this is obviously a bit late but I just noticed some stuff now and was a bit confused, if anyone could help me out that would be great! Say if an alliance needs to rebuild their bank, should they be giving out large grants and/or loans during it?

Dorky Weeb Two

932112515_z23jHkk-Imgur.png.81dd52a14449c4172a2f4ff46c92439b.png

Just now, CuppyCakeYums said:

So this is obviously a bit late but I just noticed some stuff now and was a bit confused, if anyone could help me out that would be great! Say if an alliance needs to rebuild their bank, should they be giving out large grants and/or loans during it?

if they're rebuilding infra to actually have taxable income then yes. At a certain point the infra/city returns aren't worth it.

Though you probably knew this, I can only imagine this is a jab at someone.

1 minute ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

if they're rebuilding infra to actually have taxable income then yes. At a certain point the infra/city returns aren't worth it.

Obviously I am still a bit confused because as you could assume from my title, I am probably not too good with econ.

I also dont get how it could be a jab when im just trying to learn how alliance econ works :(

Dorky Weeb Two

6 minutes ago, CuppyCakeYums said:

Say if an alliance needs to rebuild their bank, should they be giving out large grants and/or loans during it?

No. If it’s rebuilding the bank then you should be taxing your members to pool the money, and build a reserve up as opposed to granting a lot. Another method could be rebuilding infra, so that you can tax them, however this method assumes you have a starting capital. What’s this in reference to? 

Edited by Dio Brando

9 minutes ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

Prob a jab towards Pantheon

11 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

No. If it’s rebuilding the bank then you should be taxing your members to pool the money, and build a reserve up. What’s this in reference to? 

Oh. I was just going through some logs of Pantheon, and saw $650m were sent to their leader for a city grant. I was confused and dunno how it was helping/whether it was helping. Especially since a lot of their bank was from Tiggera. Is it a wise decision?

Dorky Weeb Two

5 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Oh yeah in that case it was a terrible decision. Who got the money? 

Apparently their current leader got the money.

BwxHNB6SqeQWAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=31300&display=bank

Also the reference to my comment about Tiggera:

wOmFAO7v4vlugAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3073&display=bank

• Upvote 3

Dorky Weeb Two

Not a Grant, Its an Internal Growth program for participating members paid for by taxes. It was Rid's turn to receive a city. I can tell you more though Discord DM's if you want Cakey. I created and run the program.

Edited by Sphinx
  • Upvote 1

We run a Growth Circle for members who want to join (Only for those 12 cities or more. We have standard grants for those under 12 cities, much the same thing as GC grants just no GC taxes on-top of the standard tax rate), the taxes cover the granting of as many cities as we can afford and the grant is the full cost of the city using the MD policy. Rid's grant isn't the largest grant we have provided, and our 30 members who are in the program have had over 75 cities between them built from the program, largest city so far we have funded are two city 28 grants. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

So... it’s a grant? Every grant is paid by taxes in some way, usually.

No, this is a grant

70724-004-7B25DD01.jpg

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

We run a Growth Circle for members who want to join (Only for those 12 cities or more. We have standard grants for those under 12 cities, much the same thing as GC grants just no GC taxes on-top of the standard tax rate), the taxes cover the granting of as many cities as we can afford and the grant is the full cost of the city using the MD policy. Rid's grant isn't the largest grant we have provided, and our 30 members who are in the program have had over 75 cities between them built from the program, largest city so far we have funded are two city 28 grants. 

So were you building your bank or nah

We are doing both. We have run several bank building days and the generosity of some wealthier members has been commendable. We have also taken precautions so this never happens again. But we aren't going to suspend our growth programs since it serves no purpose and just hinders our recovery. Our Bank still needs work, but we have made a sizable improvement to the situation.

• Upvote 1

Pantheon has city circles so you get placed on 75/75 tax or something and each person takes turn getting a city. 

But if you want it the fun way, join Arrgh. Pixel hugging isn't cool, man.

Quiet people have the loudest minds.

A wise man once said nothing.

1 hour ago, Apeman said:

You know cities don't require resources to build right? So why tax the resources so heavy? Are you selling them to help fund the cities? No you just getting ripped off

Don't believe everything Dobby says, he's never been in pantheon.

8 hours ago, Sphinx said:

We are doing both. We have run several bank building days and the generosity of some wealthier members has been commendable. We have also taken precautions so this never happens again. But we aren't going to suspend our growth programs since it serves no purpose and just hinders our recovery. Our Bank still needs work, but we have made a sizable improvement to the situation.

Well I am glad to see you have moved past how you conducted business in December.

Dorky Weeb Two

14 hours ago, Apeman said:

You know cities don't require resources to build right? So why tax the resources so heavy? Are you selling them to help fund the cities? No you just getting ripped off

We don't tax resources heavily, like Ivan said Dobby was never a part of Pantheon so he does know the tax. The GC taxes are 75/5 (cash/res). Standard res taxes are also 5%

• Upvote 1