Hello from the Shag Republic

Shag

Greetings all,

I'm a new P&W player who goes by Shag. I come from another nation simulation game (Nations, http://nationsgame.net) in which I am a prominent alliance leader and arguably one of the most influential players in the game (I'm not going to stop playing). P&W seems to be very complex yet also having a very interesting community so I'm interested to check out the mechanics!

Won't be joining alliances for a while (some advice from fellow Nations/P&W players) until I get the hang of P&W and understand all the mechanics, so tips and advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, a little history lesson or similar to get me up to date on the political situation here (seems very complicated indeed).

Thanks, Shag

• Upvote 1

On 11/04/2018 at 2:52 PM, Shag said:

Greetings all,

I'm a new P&W player who goes by Shag. I come from another nation simulation game (Nations, http://nationsgame.net) in which I am a prominent alliance leader and arguably one of the most influential players in the game (I'm not going to stop playing). P&W seems to be very complex yet also having a very interesting community so I'm interested to check out the mechanics!

Won't be joining alliances for a while (some advice from fellow Nations/P&W players) until I get the hang of P&W and understand all the mechanics, so tips and advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, a little history lesson or similar to get me up to date on the political situation here (seems very complicated indeed).

Thanks, Shag

@Shag

Welcome to P&W! Hope you have a great time here!

Great to see also that you've come from a similar kind of game, a lot of people have done the same with CN (have you heard of CN or 'CyberNations'?)

About your last paragraph, there isn't a better way to learn about the game mechanics - and politics if you're interested - than joining an alliance in fact. Joining an alliance - the top 30 I'd advise - will enable you to have access to protection from raiders and others, grants for each city you build to help with nation building, and guides that will help you learn about the game. You can ask others in the alliance if you wanted to about game politics too.

That's what I'd - and most people - would advise, but if you do what you want to do, that's fine; you're here to have fun after all!

• 4 weeks later...