Calling the /k/ommandos and fuds

So, just today someone tried to burglarized my neighbor. There's been an increase in crazies lately. Anywho.

I'm buying my first shotgun. I'm looking to go cheap and reliable as frick. No need for extra attachments etc because CA makes 99% of shit illegal.

Rock Island, Dickinson Arms, Savage, or Maverick. 

Bls, no get a mossberg/remington/benelli/ etc. I just want the cheapest "1991 Acura Legend" or "Ford Ranger" of shotguns. Complete beater, can be dropped and still function.

So questions I have about these since I'm assuming one of y'all has to have one of these cheaper shotguns as a loaner for scrubs:

Which one of these is a pain in the pass to dismantle and clean?

Which one of these has shitty internals prone to jamming?

Which one of these has some craptastic welded internals that make changing things out/upgrading near impossible?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArcKnox said:

Cut out the middleman and ask /k/

98dda2bd5b0dfe88a061adbbea6d8d69.jpg

I'll just get shit like this and "bruh, buy (insert generic recommendation here)" or "bruh, you're just gonna get robbed by Tyrone, accept it."

Step 1: move away from CA

Step 2: enjoy freedom

Step 3: buy a Mossberg 500 defender. 

Step 4: profit 

edit: I know you said no Mossberg, but if you are buying something your life may depend on then that is the cheapest model I would stake my life on. 

Edited by Critters
  • Upvote 1

image.jpg1_zpszukhjtut.jpg

The Redneck Caliphate of Forrest's Critters

Yeah, it mostly depends on your budget. You really get what you pay for (to an extent). I don't know about California's shotgun laws, so some of these may be off the table.

Stevens 320s (Winchester 1300 clone which IIRC are imported by Savage) are about $200. I shot this a few times and it felt good for the price point. I haven't dismantled it or shot it enough to say how it is in those aspects, but my friend had to get rid of his because it was worn down within a few months. There were metal shavings falling out when he dismantled it. I have no experience with RI arms, so I can't help you there. I shot a Dickenson AK212T once and it failed to feed a couple of times. I'm not sure if it's normal, though. Never shot a Maverick, but I hear they're great guns, so if you're completely opposed to buying a Mossberg 500 or 590 for some reason (they aren't that much more expensive and they're better made), then I'd go with one of those. 

If not a shotgun, you can usually find CA compliant (for now) Mini-14s for $700-$900. 

Or you can buy a WWII 8cm mortar for $5,000 or 25mm anti-tank cannon for $10,000. 

Edit: I think I should state the Stevens 320 wasn't under normal circumstances when it began to fall apart. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

3 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

Do not listen to Thalmor or WISD0MTREE, Get yourself a Luger, Hans. It is very cheap and reliable

pD3Ge92.png

• Like 2

Savage 320 is a reliable option. Fairly middle of the road price wise. can take 2 1/2 or 3" shells. Can also take mini shells, I believe. If you've never used a shotgun before, buy about 10 boxes of #8 and take it to a range somewhere and practice.

also, move out of California

• Like 2

STFU

• 2 weeks later...