Cheaper Nukes

Ogaden

This argument is utterly ridiculous.

@durmij, Your entire argument is predicated on a, frankly, small number of people being severely inconvenienced, and stating that this is bad, and unfair. 

The problem is, the strategy they were using was terrible when they adopted it, they were severely inconvenienced when fighting others to begin with. Their strategy never made an unfair landslide any better for them, it never won a real fight, all it ever did, and all it was ever meant to do, was make you lose in the most annoying and damaging way possible. 

That this 'strategy' if we dare stoop to calling it one, is now even less capable than before of actually winning (never mind that it was wholly incapable to begin with, and that going below 0% is impossible), than it did before just does not matter. It was never a viable strategy to begin with, and while i will say the decision was asinine on their part, i'm not going to say that the leaders of Nuke Bloc were all idiots who had no idea that this maybe wasn't the greatest idea ever. Even then, you'll note, it's still actually their own fault, making it a moot point.

You say it ruins meta diversity. The fact is, it never was meta. What defines a meta are it's best strategies, and this never was one. In it's best days this was a D tier strategy. Now, it's an F tier strategy. The difference between a D tier and an F tier, when going up against A and S tiers, is so fractal as to be virtually irrelevant. The fact that they sunk time and resources into it? Also irrelevant. It doesn't matter. It's not our fault, it's not Alex's fault, and it sure as hell is not our problem that they made a mistake. That's on them, and it's on them to fix it, not you. Not me, not Alex, not anyone who is not Nuke Bloc themselves.

To everyone else in the game, who uses the tools as they were intended, there is no issue. The only people, it would seem, who have issue, are those who never used it as it was meant to be in the first place. If you do not use a tool as it is intended, do not be surprised when the results are not what you desired. Do not blame the tool, nor the manufacturer of the tool, nor the object which you were utilizing the tool on. Ask not why, or how they could screw it up so badly. 

Because, as is so often the case, the error here, is in the user. It is up to them to solve the problem, as they caused it. 
Now that we've established that, i'd suggest focusing ones energy on problems in the game that are not caused by preventable self error. 

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Them said:

Once again, how are nukes not viable? I still see more than a few nukes being launched on both sides of the IQ - KT/Rose conflict.

Just because people are using nukes doesn't mean they are viable. Someone spent nearly $8mil to build a nuke (Average resource cost at the time) and launched it on a city with so little infra that, even discarding the two 5% reductions to cost, was only worth ~$2.3 million. The person that used said nuke was winning the war but decided to waste the resources to launch it anyways.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

26 minutes ago, Malal said:

Just because people are using nukes doesn't mean they are viable. Someone spent nearly $8mil to build a nuke (Average resource cost at the time) and launched it on a city with so little infra that, even discarding the two 5% reductions to cost, was only worth ~$2.3 million. The person that used said nuke was winning the war but decided to waste the resources to launch it anyways.

The fact that somebody made a poor decision to waste their money and resources on a needless attack is not a valid argument for nukes not still being viable in the original, intended role, of making beating you very painful indeed.

Again, for those using them as intended, there is no issue. All the noise comes from people who used them as they were not intended, or by people for some reason speaking on their behalf and defending their own personal mistakes as if it is the fault of Alex or anyone else.

• Downvote 1