Question about Blockades, Taxes and allocating Alliance treasury to others

Ukunaka

if a nation is blockaded, can they allocate funds already in the treasury to a non-blockaded nation?

and also do blockaded nations still pay alliance taxes?

[if a nation is blockaded, they cannot withdrawl from or deposit into the bank, i know this, that's not what this question is about but someone is going to answer that anyways]

On 4/6/2018 at 1:13 AM, ukunaka said:

if a nation is blockaded, can they allocate funds already in the treasury to a non-blockaded nation?

and also do blockaded nations still pay alliance taxes?

[if a nation is blockaded, they cannot withdrawl from or deposit into the bank, i know this, that's not what this question is about but someone is going to answer that anyways]

Blockaded nations do indeed pay all of their alliance taxes, the blockade does not affect that.

I don't know what you mean by 'allocate funds already in the treasury', so I'm just going to go ahead and answer the question you specifically did not ask and say that nations under blockade cannot withdraw from, actively deposit to, or receive money from any alliance bank. Nations under blockade also cannot trade with other nations by any means. However, anyone with bank permissions can still send stuff from the bank to any other bank or non-blockaded nation.

Here, lemme make a list of things that you might not know about blockade.

Redeeming credits: Works, including redeeming credits on another nations' behalf. That's a thing. Credits redeemed provide stuff to the nation they're redeemed for, whether the redeemer, the recipient, both, or neither are under blockade.

Getting credits via donation: Works, sheepy a greedy tbh and probably gets hundreds of USD every global war, if not more. (I hate mechanical bonus type monetization but I can't deny that it's profitable.)

Paying taxes: Taxes are paid and in no way affected by blockade, only being grey prevents taxes from being collected.

Trade: Does not work in any way. No global market, no alliance market, no personal trade offers, no selling food for a billion, no buying steel for a dollar, no trade.*
*Edit: The ONE exception to this is personal trade with the nation that has executed the blockade. (I'm not sure about how the game would handle being under blockade by two nations at once. It might allow personal trade between the blockaded nation and all the nations performing the blockade, or they might overlap and prevent all trade. I would test this but I've never tried to trade with anyone blockading me, and don't intend to.) Credit to @Lairah for bringing this mechanic to my attention.

Bank transfers: Can't transfer stuff between any banks and a blockaded nation, but blockaded nations can still perform bank transfers with other alliance banks or with non-blockaded nations if they have the right alliance permissions. In fact, alliance banks aren't blockaded even if the whole alliance is blockaded.

Raiding: Winning a war or a ground battle earns loot as normal, blockade or not.

Losing: Losing a war or a ground battle loses loot as normal, blockade or not.

Baseball: works. Nothing stops the OBL. This can earn tons of money assuming there aren't a dozen leeches like always.

Selling infra/land/improvements: Works. If you sell an improvement, you get 50% of its' monetary cost and 50% of its' resource cost back, blockade or not. This can be very powerful. Selling land or infrastructure can also work, if you happen to want to sell off millions of dollars worth for a few thousand dollars worth. But if you do that you're doing it wrong.

Referrals: Works. If you've referred someone, then you will get the referral bonus of resources and cash the moment they reach the right score and the right nation age. This could imply some interesting submarine strategies, but the 60 day period between bonuses and the need for IRL friends (lmao) makes it very unlikely to be viable.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Forgot referrals, thx to Lairah for info on personal trade
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Blockaded nations do indeed pay all of their alliance taxes, the blockade does not affect that.

I don't know what you mean by 'allocate funds already in the treasury', so I'm just going to go ahead and answer the question you specifically did not ask and say that nations under blockade cannot withdraw from, actively deposit to, or receive money from any alliance bank. Nations under blockade also cannot trade with other nations by any means. However, anyone with bank permissions can still send stuff from the bank to any other bank or non-blockaded nation.

Here, lemme make a list of things that you might not know about blockade.

Redeeming credits: Works, including redeeming credits on another nations' behalf. That's a thing. Credits redeemed provide stuff to the nation they're redeemed for, whether the redeemer, the recipient, both, or neither are under blockade.

Getting credits via donation: Works, sheepy a greedy tbh and probably gets hundreds of USD every global war, if not more. (I hate mechanical bonus type monetization but I can't deny that it's profitable.)

Paying taxes: Taxes are paid and in no way affected by blockade, only being grey prevents taxes from being collected.

Trade: Does not work in any way. No global market, no alliance market, no personal trade offers, no selling food for a billion, no buying steel for a dollar, no trade.

Bank transfers: Can't transfer stuff between any banks and a blockaded nation, but blockaded nations can still perform bank transfers with other alliance banks or with non-blockaded nations if they have the right alliance permissions. In fact, alliance banks aren't blockaded even if the whole alliance is blockaded.

Raiding: Winning a war or a ground battle earns loot as normal, blockade or not.

Losing: Losing a war or a ground battle loses loot as normal, blockade or not.

Baseball: works. Nothing stops the OBL. This can earn tons of money assuming there aren't a dozen leeches like always.

Selling infra/land/improvements: Works. If you sell an improvement, you get 50% of its' monetary cost and 50% of its' resource cost back, blockade or not. This can be very powerful. Selling land or infrastructure can also work, if you happen to want to sell off millions of dollars worth for a few thousand dollars worth. But if you do that you're doing it wrong.

You're wrong about trade. When blockaded, you can still trade, but only with the nation that blockaded you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Lairah said:

You're wrong about trade. When blockaded, you can still trade, but only with the nation that blockaded you.

You can? This is news to me; I guess it is in order to facilitate surrender terms or something. Well, good to know.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

but blockaded nations can still perform bank transfers with other alliance banks or with non-blockaded nations if they have the right alliance permissions. 

This is what i meant by allocating Treasury funds. (sorry for the terminology confusion when i say treasury i mean alliance bank)

Thanks for your concise explanation, i knew most of the other stuff, other than that blockaded nations can trade with the nation blockading them and the taxes obviously, but hopefully if someone in the future searches for this question they might learn something they didn't know.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ukunaka said:

This is what i meant by allocating Treasury funds. (sorry for the terminology confusion when i say treasury i mean alliance bank)

Thanks for your concise explanation, i knew most of the other stuff, other than that blockaded nations can trade with the nation blockading them and the taxes obviously, but hopefully if someone in the future searches for this question they might learn something they didn't know.

Yep, no problem! There's a lot of information about blockades that simply isn't recorded anywhere, so it's good to ask.

Oh, I also forgot another way of getting materials to someone under blockade: Referrals. I've added it to the list in my earlier reply.

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2018 at 1:27 AM, Lairah said:

hmm but can't a nation be blockaded by two nations at a time?; So how would that work if two nations are blockading or does only the first to get a naval victory hold the blockade symbol during a 2v1 / 3v1 or would neither be able to trade or would both?

Edited by ukunaka

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 4/9/2018 at 2:57 PM, Ukunaka said:

hmm but can't a nation be blockaded by two nations at a time?; So how would that work if two nations are blockading or does only the first to get a naval victory hold the blockade symbol during a 2v1 / 3v1 or would neither be able to trade or would both?

If you are blockaded by multiple nations, you can't trade with anyone. Trades with either of the blockading nations should be rendered null by the fact that another separate blockade exists.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link