Hi, I already need help. Bit of a bad start.

Hello folks!

I just started on P&W, and I have a problem. I'm new and can't find my way around the forums, so I'm combining this with my intro.

My problem is that radiation is making my food production -114%. So the more farms I make, the more food I'm losing. I desperately need help before my entire country starves to death.

you can thank jerks like me for that, a whole bunch of alliances are currently at war, and because of that, the radiation level is above 100%  There is really not much you can do about it right now, your best bet may be to join an alliance and ask them for food, or try to buy food on the AH, but because pretty much no one is making food right now, the food prices are sky high.

until the radiation level drops below 100% you will not be able to produce any food.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

Actually, your farms aren't producing negative food; they're just not producing food. Food on the market is a bit pricey, but your people will (un)happily live off hunting and gathering or something. The only penalty for actually running out of food now is merely that your monetary income is reduced by 1/3, so don't worry about having a strategic food reserve for now.

The war should be over in a couple months, give or take a month, but the current nuclear storm should abate in only a few weeks as stockpiled weapons dwindle and the nuclear-armed nations stop launching 8 nukes per day each down to only 1 nuke per day each. In order to wholly prevent you from producing food forever, there would have to be about 500 nukes dropped every day very evenly across Orbis. Which is actually quite possible, so break out the radiation suits...

6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hello folks!

I just started on P&W, and I have a problem. I'm new and can't find my way around the forums, so I'm combining this with my intro.

My problem is that radiation is making my food production -114%. So the more farms I make, the more food I'm losing. I desperately need help before my entire country starves to death.

FYI when you run out of food, you only suffer a 1/3 penalty to your income. Which does suck a lot, but it's not the worse thing ever.

Welcome to the game!

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 hours ago, Critters said:

I sent your nation 2 trades. One is for food and one is for money. Accept the free food first and then accept the offer for me to buy food from you for 5 mil. That is the awkward way we have to send nations money. I wont let sheepy's crappy mechanics run you off from this game (I'll let all the other shitty players on the OWF do that)

i am new here too, and i dont have any food...  can you send me 5 million dollars to help me get on my feet and engaged in this game?

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Wow. This community is really supportive. A lot more than some I've been to.

Thanks guys. :D

I would recommend deleting your remaining farms. As a new player, it is far more profitable to mine for raws (bauxite, uranium etc) and sell them for money to buy food with.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:04 AM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

i am new here too, and i dont have any food...  can you send me 5 million dollars to help me get on my feet and engaged in this game?

always happy to help the less privileged, my dear. its slightly less than what you asked for since im poor myself but the intention is what counts! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tywin Lannister said:

always happy to help the less privileged, my dear. its slightly less than what you asked for since im poor myself but the intention is what counts! 

I accept your gracious charity, and hope the bounty returned will aid in your epic struggle with UPN.