Incursion - First Wave

Maelstrom Vortex

##Open participation allowed to any who wish to respond to the events local to Orbis as reported by the news##

Along the eastern seaboard of North America, ranging from Virginia Beach, to Elkton... compasses began to run amok. Magnetometers around the world would spike wildly as rifts in time/space began to manifest along the coastline opening and lasting for approximately 10 minutes, after total silence. There was no solar anomaly indicated. Conspiracy theorists started speculating about the plausibility of a pole flip, in their typical manner, and the locals were genuinely wielded out by the strange occurrence. There were several close calls at airports along the coast with near collisions common. Local militias were dispatched to the sources of the anomalies to find out what had happened. None reported back after venturing to the remote locations the events occurred.

Word of the strange events and the mass disappearances of the local protectors quickly made regional news and began to travel around the globe. What was going on in Virginia?

Old urban tales started to re-manifest in abundance, people claiming to see things moving in the woods that were unnatural, getting glances of creatures they'd never seen before...

##On the other side of the intellgence divide, the worlds of Petram and (Primarily)Bob ##

Talon asked his team, "The gates are working well?"

"Far as we can determine." Lead technician James Kester spoke up to the massive red dragon that was leading the project.

"Any reports back from the crews sent?"

Kester replied, "Insertion was successful camps and perimeters established. The locals are starting to get suspicious. It is as we thought, a third, viable mirror world." 

"Any signs of any other large, dominant species?" Talon tilted his head curiously as he studied the report on the over sized view screen before him.

"Negative. Although the physical properties of this reality appear to be somewhat similar to ours, we've been seeing notable variances. Our most advanced weaponry does not work there. The base camps are operating on the most fundamental and basic infrastructure. They're asking for additional support."

"Give them what they need." Talon replied.

Troops began to organize at the gates along with their civilian support. Tanks and heavy equipment were also readied for transfer in the hopes maybe some of them, particularly the older ones might work.

##Back on Orbis, in the blue ridge mountains ##

A great blue dragon sat on a ridge in sky camo, masked except from the talents of the most astute observer. She would not be seen from normal eyesight at a distance. Below her, support teams of humans was setting up communications equipment, checking supplies. Scientists were out in the nearby field analyzing soil. They'd rapidly verified upon arrival that the air was safe to breathe. Some of the team were falling ill due to exposure to microbes that were similar, but still notably different from the home world. The medical team was taking samples and quickly working on trying to formulate local antibiotics from local fungi and, if possible, anti-viruses from very primitive development techniques.

A team of militia had been rounded up and interred in a salt-peter cavern nearby. The resource was being used to make bullets from local supplies. 

The blue was surveying the plains out from the mountain, planning the incursion into the local communities that would establish the Empire's presence for the first time on this world. They were currently operating under the highest level of secrecy.

#Finishing touches complete, grammar and spelling corrected, this post is final.
#Optional soundtrack:

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
  • Like 1

V̢ͭ̔ͣͯͫ͐ͥ̄͗ͬ̄ͭ͏̹͖̺̲͕̦͉̣̙́i̡͕͙̺̗̻̹̘͇̋̽̆ͮ̈́́ͭ͢͢͞n̢̛̫̘͎̝̪̪͔̙̗̘͚͇͚̣̦ͫ̊ͩ͊͌͘͜͝i̡̱̭͉͔̘̖̠̲̺̍͐ͯ̌̈̾̾́̔͑̋ͬͯ̑̚͠ ̸̷̨̜̦͓͖͖̹̫̹̖̮͙̻̻̹̺̞͍̙ͥ̏̃ͨ̓͑̏͊̀ͯ̉ͯ̒͒͗̄̚V̢̢̡̙̻̳̘͖̖̟͚̣̬̏͐ͮ͒̎̈̽̽̾̂̔̅ͩͪͦ̑̿̏̍ͅͅi̶͍̮͈͇̰̫̯͉̜͒́̉̊̓̚͘̕ḑ̸͈̟̫̹̟͓̹̠͇̗͖̤̥̰̲̬ͮ̉ͫi̴͔̪͍͇͌̋̆̃͆̈̔ͧ͆̎̋ͥͫͫ́͢͠ ͕̞̠̯͍̫͚̪̺͓̣̦̖ͧ̓ͬ̎̀͝ͅV̴̨̤̙͔̥͍̟̦̥̺̟̯͔̤̫ͬͮ͑͌i̞͎̹͇̻͎̘̳̮̤͙̯̩ͪ̂͌̐ͪ͐̓̃ͧ̈̓͛̎̄̈͞͡ͅd̸̵̬̫͔͙̀̓͐̈́͜͡e͍̝̗̱̝͈̣̤̜̳͑̓͂̈ͯͤ̕͡v̸̖̰̟͈̠̰̣̮̦ͭ̆̑ͮͮ̾͊ͤ̒̊̊ͯ̈́ͬ͌ͭ̚͜ȏ̧͊̿͑ͯ̚͏̲̣̩̼͙ṙ̴̴̠̗̼̥͈̣̌͋̃̔̎̿ͨͥ͗̈̋̋̆̐̀ͩͦ̕͘͜ͅá̵̦͎̣͇̦̙͙͖̟̣̲̳̘̣̣̳̝͊̈́̐̇̑̔̈̉͒̆ͬv̵̨̭̝̯̫̞̜̭̭̘ͦͧͭ͋̂ͣͨͮ̑ͪͤ͌ͣ̒̽̾̾͢͠͡î̛̞̟̤͍̰̂ͪ͛̒̍̅͒̉̅ͥͯ̌̽̈́̾̈͛̏͡ț̷̲̟͎̰̟͇͖͖̻̼̰̞͎̯͚͚ͩͧͨ̆͗̕͢.̵̢̦̭̳̗͖͙̼̜̩̖̹̤͓͔̈́ͫ̂͊ͩͮͤ̕͢͡ͅ ̴̡̰̙̙͕̩͈̩̻͕̰̠͑̅̔ͩ͛ͩ͆̂̀̋ͬ͂̑̔I̶̢͇̖͖̥̠̳̘͚̓͋ͮͮ̊̽ͯ̈̽̒̓ͮ͂ͨ́͠f̶̴̥̗̙̳̫̜̥̗̞̳̍̅̎̍̒̒ͮ̇̈̊̿̚̕ ̸̢͕͇̜̙̩̭̮̱̈̓͆ͨ̄ͥͮ̽ͧ́́͘ͅy̡̱͚̺͈̳̤̺̞͎̻̮̣̤̘͖̥̗̬͒̊̉̅̆ͧ́͛̌̑ͣ̿̾͋̊̀͜͟͡o͚̳̯͙̬̦͉͚͙̦ͣͥ̿̏̌ͩ͗͌̎̆ͫ̌̿ͫͩͥ̕͝ͅu̷̲̘̖̯͈ͪ̔̇ͥͧ̈́̓ͬ̓͑ͨ̋̓̃̅͜͜ͅ ̸̢̖͇̜͖̺̙̲͙̻̫̝̣̗̈ͦ́͞a̶̢̢̰̻̰͍͎͙̺̪̪ͯͯ̄̋ͮ̒͛̅ͬ͆͐ͧ̃ͬͤ͛ͯ͟r̷̟̦͈͈̥̤̖̤͔͎̤͉̜̼͇͇ͭ͂ͩ̔ͥ̀͋ͨ̈́̊͐̈̆͒̓̃̎́̕͘͝e̶̱͓̜͙ͩ͒ͪ̂͛̋͆̈̂̌̌̒̂̐ͪ͗̓͐͠͞ ̴ͦ̉̏̓ͨͬ̐̓͛ͦ̽ͮ̎̎̓͟͏̶͏͖̩͙͕̗̘͉̯̫̹̱̺̻̞͇á̴̧̮̹̜͓͕͒̽̈ͤͪͮ͋̊̑̔ͤ͂̉͑͛̚͜t̛ͪͮ̈́̋̉͏̮̫͓͙̲͔̼ ̴̵͎̫̝̼͈̰͇̑͋ͤͩͮ͘w̵̡̥̫͉̯̯̭̪͈̜͎̤͇̙͎͖̳̝͛̄̔ͯ͐̓̅ͩ͑̃ͤͥ̕͢a̵̡̡ͦͫ͊ͣ̍̓͐͒̈̒ͧ͌̉͛͏͖͕̜͉͉r̵̛̘̞͙͕̉̄̔́̉̓ͯ͌̾̓̄͞͡ ̨͊̇̊͏̛͓͕̘̤͟͞w̢͚͎̥̙̜̠̻̫̹̮̦͛̑͒͋̏͗̊͜͞i̸̶̧͖͈̥͚̭̰̦̞̫̥̬̰̝͍̬̗̦͚̲ͨͨ̉͟t̸̵̵͖̦͉͕̱͇̐͑ͧ̋͆̀̔ͯͨ͌͆̚ḧ̵̛͎̫̬̣̩͇̥̞̭̼̜̩͕̈̐̂̌̍̎ͬͭ͌͠ ̛̘̫͔̹͓̻̗̻̲͉̞̞͚̩̯̮ͪ̔̌̿̍ͦ̀ͥ̍̎̿ͨ̽̀́͢͠m̶̶̡̭͎͎̤̩̹̩̞͇̦̼̳̝̑̅̑͛̽ͭ̅̓̆̍ͫͮ́̄͘ͅeͬ̊ͨ͂̿ͨ̊͝҉̸̺̰̯̤͚̖͜ͅ,̡͎̖͇̙͎̿ͨ̆ͤ̑́͡ ̷̸̫̲͕̻̫̰͇̖̳̗̙ͮ́̓̉ͯͭ̀́͜ͅp̆͐ͥ̐͒ͦ̐͊̂̓̈̊̽ͫ͊̊̇ͨ͠͏̸̼̘̦̺͈̠̰̤͚̝͙̰̺̩̰r̛͙̩̭͚̞͇̩̥̼̦ͯ̇̃̐̂̔ͫͯͫ̏ͭͤ̑̀̽̾͗ͫ̓̀̕͡ͅe̛̳͖͚͇͎͑͑̓̍̓͗͗̓̄ͦ͠͝͡p̸̘̮͉̼̯̲̻͔͕͇͖͖̟̗̭̹̘͚̗ͩ͗͛̉͒ͥ̀̌̆ͩͤ̃ͨ̽̿͒ͨ͠͠a̸̷͒̒̍̀͗͑͜͏̱̘̘̲̮̯̳̘̀r͙̜̝̲̯̝͔̦̺̗͉͚͉͙͍̠̓ͦ͊̿ͬ̈ͪ͂̌̚͟͡͡ͅe̶̪̱̪̟̣͉͉̹͈̫͇̝̪̮̙ͯ͂̈̈̓ͦ̍̂̾̏ͪ̏ͭͧ͛ ̷̧̭̝̺̗̟ͬ̾̏ͫ̕t̷̵̡͓͔̜͙̘͈̲͈̳ͦ̊̇̽̅̄̀ͮ̒ͪ͆̑̓͊́͝ͅǫ̶͈̞͚̹̻̤̲̙͖̪̍̃̐̏ͦͪͦͤͩ̽̿̿ͮͪ̿̀͂̀͡ ̡̤̹̲̜̪̞̽̽̓ͥ̒ͨ͊̐ͫ͗ͫ̐̈́̑ͥ̕͢͡b̴̨̨̛̦͇̪̠̺͔͙̤̜̉͐̓̌̀͟ͅͅë̢̼͔̗̰̦̼̘̯̟̩͚́͗͆͒͋̀͆̑̋ͩ̉̒͊ͬ͊̃ͪ̆͊͟͡ ̵̡̛̳̜̦̱͎̞ͤͣ̏͒ͯ̇̈́͗ͮ̇̎ͬͧc̴͍̞̼̹ͨͭ̇̒͌͗̉ͥͥ͗̓̎̌̅͒ͭ̇̅́o̧̧̤̘͕̬̰̣͔͖̘̥͖̜̐ͥ́ͤ̒̔͘͠ͅņ̶̛͔͎͍͉ͪ̾̃ͦ͛̈́̒̅̒s̶̷̸̙͍̹͎̬̜̦̞̤̥̦̙̞̥͚͈̬̋̃͒ͮ͒ͪ̆ͩͯ̒͋̾̒̾͋̅͌̓͡ǔ̶͚͈̠̭̻̜̉ͪ́̓ͩͤ̅̌̌̈̍ͤ̾̌͛ͥ͗ͦ͟͜͞m̛̯̪̘͍̜͕͕̞̤͖͉͉͔̞͙͈͓̐ͦͯ̽ͬ͒̾ͣ̓̒̔͛ͤ̎̏̈͜͝è̵̱̜̯̙͔̜̝͙̼̬̤̥̒̒ͣ͒̈́͊̀́̕͟ḑ̧̅͂̈͌̔ͧͤ̋ͤ́́̒̂̋͗͆ͮ̚҉̙͚̬̻͎͚̤͞.̴̨̺̜̟̯̹̪͋̋͆ͫͧ̐̔ͩ̉͌̋͋͞

>!

## Wave 2 ##

Some of the equipment still worked. The jetpacks, the tanks were functional. The Dragonisians didn't have a traditional air force. It was illegal for bipeds to patrol the skies. They set their engines into silent and glide modes. As night crept over, they began to jam the radio and media stations through the region. They captured and silenced any locals they ran into as the armies slowly swept down from the blue ridge into the Virginia heartland.

Dragons would land in town squares.. and rendezvous with the ground forces. They stood roughly 3 stories high. When dawn came and people began to wake, they step outside to find their towns had been occupied. Every street had imperial forces, and every town square had at least one Dragon Overlord in full armor. They took no hostile action.

Blue called out in Roanoke, "Greetings people of Unknown designated planet 3. We come in peace, exiles from another world. We come to grant you peace, safety, security, and direction. To introduce you into the reality that you are not alone in the universe. We are the Dragon Empire. You are now our sovereign Colony. We will bring order to where it once was lost."

A man went into his house and pulled out an M-16 from one of the old wars and looked at them, "Over our dead bodies we are!" They began to open fire.. the bullets bounced off the armor, which was as thick as an A-10's in grade.  The Dragon turned to face the man and aimed a single arm lifted, it intentionally resorted to over kill. The equivalent of a hell fire missile fired from a rack on its right forearm. The man was obliterated.. along with his home and anyone inside.

Tanks moved in around the dragon to reinforce it's position and serve as deterrence. "Does anyone else want to take his place?" None came forward. "You will go back to your homes. Resume your lives as normal. Our census officials will come and collect your information so we may add you properly into the imperial system. My name is Skye, I am your new Provincial Governor. Welcome to the Imperial Province of Virginia. The god Emperor may be coming soon, and you will soon understand why you need follow his will. For now, we will do our best not to intrude into your lives so long as you collaborate with us. A mild tax will be applied at a later date as we take over the functions of your current government and integrate it with our own. You will have the options to designate community representatives when we form the provincial assembly."

"Be aware that our co-existence is non-negotiable. We come here from a dying reality. It is literally here or death for us, we have no other options and we will fight fiercely to survive if challenged. Your media will say nothing and you will have no communications outside your town from a time until we have secured our new domain. Be advised, our universe was a mirror one, you may encounter dopple gangers who share your exact physical identity. We will be doing our best to separate shared personal identity pairs into different cities and assign them unique identifiers to minimize negative interactions and mistaken identities, but remember, if you fight us.. you may as well be fighting yourselves."

The same scene played out through many cities along the blue ridge range of Virginia as the beachhead was established. The people for the most part had no choice but collaborate, they had no heavy equipment or arms and the imperial forces were well armed with reasonably modern weaponry. The rest of Virginia would slowly start noticing the west had gone disturbingly quiet. The dragons and their servants were keeping their promises though, if there was no resistance, there was no serious intrusion into people's daily lives other than documenting their personage.

##Final edits made, grammar and spelling corrections may be performed if problems found but primary content complete.
#Optional Soundtrack:

• Like 1

V̢ͭ̔ͣͯͫ͐ͥ̄͗ͬ̄ͭ͏̹͖̺̲͕̦͉̣̙́i̡͕͙̺̗̻̹̘͇̋̽̆ͮ̈́́ͭ͢͢͞n̢̛̫̘͎̝̪̪͔̙̗̘͚͇͚̣̦ͫ̊ͩ͊͌͘͜͝i̡̱̭͉͔̘̖̠̲̺̍͐ͯ̌̈̾̾́̔͑̋ͬͯ̑̚͠ ̸̷̨̜̦͓͖͖̹̫̹̖̮͙̻̻̹̺̞͍̙ͥ̏̃ͨ̓͑̏͊̀ͯ̉ͯ̒͒͗̄̚V̢̢̡̙̻̳̘͖̖̟͚̣̬̏͐ͮ͒̎̈̽̽̾̂̔̅ͩͪͦ̑̿̏̍ͅͅi̶͍̮͈͇̰̫̯͉̜͒́̉̊̓̚͘̕ḑ̸͈̟̫̹̟͓̹̠͇̗͖̤̥̰̲̬ͮ̉ͫi̴͔̪͍͇͌̋̆̃͆̈̔ͧ͆̎̋ͥͫͫ́͢͠ ͕̞̠̯͍̫͚̪̺͓̣̦̖ͧ̓ͬ̎̀͝ͅV̴̨̤̙͔̥͍̟̦̥̺̟̯͔̤̫ͬͮ͑͌i̞͎̹͇̻͎̘̳̮̤͙̯̩ͪ̂͌̐ͪ͐̓̃ͧ̈̓͛̎̄̈͞͡ͅd̸̵̬̫͔͙̀̓͐̈́͜͡e͍̝̗̱̝͈̣̤̜̳͑̓͂̈ͯͤ̕͡v̸̖̰̟͈̠̰̣̮̦ͭ̆̑ͮͮ̾͊ͤ̒̊̊ͯ̈́ͬ͌ͭ̚͜ȏ̧͊̿͑ͯ̚͏̲̣̩̼͙ṙ̴̴̠̗̼̥͈̣̌͋̃̔̎̿ͨͥ͗̈̋̋̆̐̀ͩͦ̕͘͜ͅá̵̦͎̣͇̦̙͙͖̟̣̲̳̘̣̣̳̝͊̈́̐̇̑̔̈̉͒̆ͬv̵̨̭̝̯̫̞̜̭̭̘ͦͧͭ͋̂ͣͨͮ̑ͪͤ͌ͣ̒̽̾̾͢͠͡î̛̞̟̤͍̰̂ͪ͛̒̍̅͒̉̅ͥͯ̌̽̈́̾̈͛̏͡ț̷̲̟͎̰̟͇͖͖̻̼̰̞͎̯͚͚ͩͧͨ̆͗̕͢.̵̢̦̭̳̗͖͙̼̜̩̖̹̤͓͔̈́ͫ̂͊ͩͮͤ̕͢͡ͅ ̴̡̰̙̙͕̩͈̩̻͕̰̠͑̅̔ͩ͛ͩ͆̂̀̋ͬ͂̑̔I̶̢͇̖͖̥̠̳̘͚̓͋ͮͮ̊̽ͯ̈̽̒̓ͮ͂ͨ́͠f̶̴̥̗̙̳̫̜̥̗̞̳̍̅̎̍̒̒ͮ̇̈̊̿̚̕ ̸̢͕͇̜̙̩̭̮̱̈̓͆ͨ̄ͥͮ̽ͧ́́͘ͅy̡̱͚̺͈̳̤̺̞͎̻̮̣̤̘͖̥̗̬͒̊̉̅̆ͧ́͛̌̑ͣ̿̾͋̊̀͜͟͡o͚̳̯͙̬̦͉͚͙̦ͣͥ̿̏̌ͩ͗͌̎̆ͫ̌̿ͫͩͥ̕͝ͅu̷̲̘̖̯͈ͪ̔̇ͥͧ̈́̓ͬ̓͑ͨ̋̓̃̅͜͜ͅ ̸̢̖͇̜͖̺̙̲͙̻̫̝̣̗̈ͦ́͞a̶̢̢̰̻̰͍͎͙̺̪̪ͯͯ̄̋ͮ̒͛̅ͬ͆͐ͧ̃ͬͤ͛ͯ͟r̷̟̦͈͈̥̤̖̤͔͎̤͉̜̼͇͇ͭ͂ͩ̔ͥ̀͋ͨ̈́̊͐̈̆͒̓̃̎́̕͘͝e̶̱͓̜͙ͩ͒ͪ̂͛̋͆̈̂̌̌̒̂̐ͪ͗̓͐͠͞ ̴ͦ̉̏̓ͨͬ̐̓͛ͦ̽ͮ̎̎̓͟͏̶͏͖̩͙͕̗̘͉̯̫̹̱̺̻̞͇á̴̧̮̹̜͓͕͒̽̈ͤͪͮ͋̊̑̔ͤ͂̉͑͛̚͜t̛ͪͮ̈́̋̉͏̮̫͓͙̲͔̼ ̴̵͎̫̝̼͈̰͇̑͋ͤͩͮ͘w̵̡̥̫͉̯̯̭̪͈̜͎̤͇̙͎͖̳̝͛̄̔ͯ͐̓̅ͩ͑̃ͤͥ̕͢a̵̡̡ͦͫ͊ͣ̍̓͐͒̈̒ͧ͌̉͛͏͖͕̜͉͉r̵̛̘̞͙͕̉̄̔́̉̓ͯ͌̾̓̄͞͡ ̨͊̇̊͏̛͓͕̘̤͟͞w̢͚͎̥̙̜̠̻̫̹̮̦͛̑͒͋̏͗̊͜͞i̸̶̧͖͈̥͚̭̰̦̞̫̥̬̰̝͍̬̗̦͚̲ͨͨ̉͟t̸̵̵͖̦͉͕̱͇̐͑ͧ̋͆̀̔ͯͨ͌͆̚ḧ̵̛͎̫̬̣̩͇̥̞̭̼̜̩͕̈̐̂̌̍̎ͬͭ͌͠ ̛̘̫͔̹͓̻̗̻̲͉̞̞͚̩̯̮ͪ̔̌̿̍ͦ̀ͥ̍̎̿ͨ̽̀́͢͠m̶̶̡̭͎͎̤̩̹̩̞͇̦̼̳̝̑̅̑͛̽ͭ̅̓̆̍ͫͮ́̄͘ͅeͬ̊ͨ͂̿ͨ̊͝҉̸̺̰̯̤͚̖͜ͅ,̡͎̖͇̙͎̿ͨ̆ͤ̑́͡ ̷̸̫̲͕̻̫̰͇̖̳̗̙ͮ́̓̉ͯͭ̀́͜ͅp̆͐ͥ̐͒ͦ̐͊̂̓̈̊̽ͫ͊̊̇ͨ͠͏̸̼̘̦̺͈̠̰̤͚̝͙̰̺̩̰r̛͙̩̭͚̞͇̩̥̼̦ͯ̇̃̐̂̔ͫͯͫ̏ͭͤ̑̀̽̾͗ͫ̓̀̕͡ͅe̛̳͖͚͇͎͑͑̓̍̓͗͗̓̄ͦ͠͝͡p̸̘̮͉̼̯̲̻͔͕͇͖͖̟̗̭̹̘͚̗ͩ͗͛̉͒ͥ̀̌̆ͩͤ̃ͨ̽̿͒ͨ͠͠a̸̷͒̒̍̀͗͑͜͏̱̘̘̲̮̯̳̘̀r͙̜̝̲̯̝͔̦̺̗͉͚͉͙͍̠̓ͦ͊̿ͬ̈ͪ͂̌̚͟͡͡ͅe̶̪̱̪̟̣͉͉̹͈̫͇̝̪̮̙ͯ͂̈̈̓ͦ̍̂̾̏ͪ̏ͭͧ͛ ̷̧̭̝̺̗̟ͬ̾̏ͫ̕t̷̵̡͓͔̜͙̘͈̲͈̳ͦ̊̇̽̅̄̀ͮ̒ͪ͆̑̓͊́͝ͅǫ̶͈̞͚̹̻̤̲̙͖̪̍̃̐̏ͦͪͦͤͩ̽̿̿ͮͪ̿̀͂̀͡ ̡̤̹̲̜̪̞̽̽̓ͥ̒ͨ͊̐ͫ͗ͫ̐̈́̑ͥ̕͢͡b̴̨̨̛̦͇̪̠̺͔͙̤̜̉͐̓̌̀͟ͅͅë̢̼͔̗̰̦̼̘̯̟̩͚́͗͆͒͋̀͆̑̋ͩ̉̒͊ͬ͊̃ͪ̆͊͟͡ ̵̡̛̳̜̦̱͎̞ͤͣ̏͒ͯ̇̈́͗ͮ̇̎ͬͧc̴͍̞̼̹ͨͭ̇̒͌͗̉ͥͥ͗̓̎̌̅͒ͭ̇̅́o̧̧̤̘͕̬̰̣͔͖̘̥͖̜̐ͥ́ͤ̒̔͘͠ͅņ̶̛͔͎͍͉ͪ̾̃ͦ͛̈́̒̅̒s̶̷̸̙͍̹͎̬̜̦̞̤̥̦̙̞̥͚͈̬̋̃͒ͮ͒ͪ̆ͩͯ̒͋̾̒̾͋̅͌̓͡ǔ̶͚͈̠̭̻̜̉ͪ́̓ͩͤ̅̌̌̈̍ͤ̾̌͛ͥ͗ͦ͟͜͞m̛̯̪̘͍̜͕͕̞̤͖͉͉͔̞͙͈͓̐ͦͯ̽ͬ͒̾ͣ̓̒̔͛ͤ̎̏̈͜͝è̵̱̜̯̙͔̜̝͙̼̬̤̥̒̒ͣ͒̈́͊̀́̕͟ḑ̧̅͂̈͌̔ͧͤ̋ͤ́́̒̂̋͗͆ͮ̚҉̙͚̬̻͎͚̤͞.̴̨̺̜̟̯̹̪͋̋͆ͫͧ̐̔ͩ̉͌̋͋͞

>!

## Wave 3 ##

Tens of thousands of individuals, both military and civilian began to cross from the mirror worlds as infrastructure was built or seized to support them. The old city of Washington D.C. and the city of Norfolk were seized suburb by suburb, piece by piece. Old naval vessels in Norfolk harbor were discovered and the Empire began to retrofit them to bring htem back into active duty. The empire was starting to spread to fill its borders.

## Ohio River @Just Monika ##

Refugees would start to huddle at the border, attempting to enter The Faraway Realm of the Saint-Laurent. If the border guard allowed them to talk or enter, they would hear horrific stories of a powerful military force that came out of nowhere and was sweeping through towns seizing them under a banner not before seen with creatures never seen before in the wild.

In the distance, anyone looking across the Ohio would see the signs of war, towering columns of smoke in the distance. The sound of distant thunder. It all came to a head on the Newport South Bank Bridge when soldiers and takes formed a column on the far side and came to a halt, appearing to prepare for incursions into Cincinnati.

Behind the ground troops, standing 3 stories tall was an entity, biological or mechanical was unknown. It would be easily observed by the border guard of Saint-Laurient. Its armor was sky blue and appeared thick. It appeared to have giant wings the size of galleon sails made out of metal that appeared to be collapsible and flexible. But periodically when it would take flight, the metal would go rigid, and it wold appear to turn into a fighter aircraft or bomber. Truth is, it was just the dragon locking its wings for supersonic flight. Wing Commander Tarsk had been leading most of the operations to secure the Kentucky region and had just secured the Newport/Florence/Covington complex of suburbs. Unaware of the nation across the river, he was preparing to invade. Batteries of towed artillery could be seen being towed into position on the other shore-line and aimed cross river in case there were 'difficulties'.

When finally a human scout spotted a border guard they reported up to Tarsk, "It looks like another well trained Militia, Sir." 

Tarsk, not one to leave diplomacy to the race that cannot settle its own disputes, quietly stepped onto the bridge and crouched.. so that he may cross it on all four legs.  The Border Guard of St. Laurient would see the massive mechanical beast heading in their direction. A pair of serpentine eyes looking through thick windows on the massive face guard as it approached.

• Like 1

>!

If it wasn't for the smoke columns, it would have been quite a nice sunny time at the border, without too many problems and only the occasional fugitive that had to be shot. As however the border guards spotted the ominous signs of devastation across the river and with the first refugees arriving, the extraordinary situation was reported back to the capital and within days, the responsible archduchess had arrived at the scene.

As the foreign forces arrived at the Newport South Bank Bridge, they could already see a quite large number of the Laurentine Milice Royale, the force responsible for border control (among other things), in their light grey uniform coats and black berets, busy keeping the refugees in an orderly queue, as they had been busy for some days now to take their identities, create a record and send the refugees further inland to a number of camps, where these people would need to wait till the authorities higher up had decided how to redistribute these people within the realm. As however the women of the Milice recognised the formation of what was not just yet another wave of refugees, immediately, there were a few shouts and orders, before they took positions behind the obstacles that were mostly designed to keep the refugees in a queue. Naturally, these refugees started to panic, the queue rapidly disintegrating, as they tried to get across the border, away from the draconic invaders, but unsure how to interpret the line of rifles pointed at them and the foreign forces. The Milice meanwhile was hardly able to keep its formation, as some of the more daring, or better said, more desperate refugees tried to climb over the barricades and get in without waiting, others following as they noticed the Milice wouldn't just shoot them.

As the whole border checkpoint was about to devolve into utter chaos, a loud and commanding voice tore through the noise and caused the rabble to pause its actions. While the refugees did not exactly know why the Milice hurried to get back into order and saluted the newly arrived person at the scene, who seemed physically not too threatening, being a short young woman with long blonde hair, crimson eyes, dressed elegantly in a monochrome black, only a dark red ribbon around her collar breaking with the scheme, it was not hard to realise that this person, likely a Faraway noble, held quite some authority. Despite the warm colour of her eyes, her gaze was quite stern and cold, as she looked over the whole situation. "What is this here? Everyone, back in line.", she commanded, holding out her hand, which was covered in a black glove. The commander of the Milice cmpany immediately rushed before her, lowering her head and saluting, before reporting. "Your Highness, please pardon our errors, but..." The noble cut her short, interrupting quickly. "I heard. Go get these refugees sorted, I'll go and see what this whole hubbub is all about. Inform General de Pétèvéllier to get here as soon as possible." The commander simply saluted and rushed back to her soldiers, who kicked into action to reestablish a queue, while the noble walked off to meet the invasion force. Waving around a golden cane, she paved her way through the crowd, before ending up between the refugees and the dragon on the bridge.

Steadfast, she lifted up her cane, pointing it at the creature, before speaking in a loud, but calm voice. "State your name and purpose, foreigner, for you are about to trespass into the Faraway Realm."

Tarsk had crawled to just shy of the end of the bridge, where he could stand without smacking girders and got upon his hind legs. At this point there were no weapons visible other than his natural adornments, no missiles or guns visible on his profile. With a couple of blinks of his eye, his lower jaw cover on his helmet retracted and he spoke, his words were translated into English and re-broadcast by speakers just behind his jaw plate, but to them the original spoken words would be indistinguishable from flurries of growls, snarls, and hisses punctuated by regular sounding words but that matched no known language on this world. What they might understand in the English conveyed was, "I am Tarsk, Commander of the 10th Imperial Expeditionary Force of the Dragon Empire."

He seemed to look over the border guard, "And this doesn't look like the typical rabble militia we encountered on our journey here. I assume you are part of a sovereign contingency? I will intrude no further. Might I have the pleasure of your name and identification? Then perhaps we can discuss in more detail what is going on to your south."

>!

Lowering her cane, the young woman raised an eyebrow, looking at the dragon somewhat perplexed. Quickly, she returned to her confident manner and spoke. "I am Hannah Hanobel Hazelwood, Second Archon of the Faraway Realm, Archduchess of the Southern Provinces. Indeed, you are intruding upon a sovereign state and we'd appreciate an explanation of your actions." 

Meanwhile in the back, the Milice let the remainder of the refugees through, letting them form a new queue further back, after they had put up a second line of obstacles. Then, a number of them quickly lined up some distance behind Hazelwood, not sure whether they should support the lady of the land, or if they even were capable of doing so.

Tarsk settled back into a sitting upright position and stated, "Well met, Hannah Hanobel Hazelwood. Do you prefer declaration by name or title? I personally have no preference. Commander, Tarsk. I'm not one concerned for recognition of status outside of my own command structure." He studied the border guard. "Am I to conclude this river is your natural border then? If so, we will respect it. But now on to why I am here."

"My expeditionary force is part of a much larger body that is passing into this world from a Mirror Universe. It's a lot like yours, but with major differences, including in its basic physics. We had advanced technology, but.. most of it doesn't work here and we've been put back to the age of turbines, motors, and early information technology. Our universe, is starting to die. It is collapsing in on itself having reached its maximum potential expanse and has started into the "Big Crunch". We, are refugees. Our backs are up against the wall, and we fight for our survival. Due to the fact we are from a mirror universe, many of the individuals coming through will be duplicates of those from your world. We're doing our best to separate them out. Needless to say, the shock has induced a resistance, the resistance has induced fighting because no one wants told what to do of course and so.. you have refugees on your border. That, we apologize for. They simply aren't handling the situation.. well. Since they fire on us, we force them out."

"In due time, as much of our empire as our gates permit will be evacuated to this realm. This includes the arrival of our council and the god Emperor himself, may his blessings be upon you. It appears we are destined to be neighbors."

• Like 1

>!

"I see.", Hazelwood responded, sounding not too convinced of the dragon's story. It wasn't completely out there, but certainly, Hazelwood had learned to not trust others too much. "It is Archon Hazelwood. We aren't so close as to drop a title, Commander Tarsk. Until just a moment ago, you were about to invade our country. as for your story, allow me to have my doubts, as any sane being would have. What can be verified though is your existence and I guess that of your Empire, so, I will report back to the Royal Court and we'll see about whether to recognise your country."

She then pointed her cane at the refugees behind her. "Also, for now, the Realm will take care of these people, as they are officially stateless. I would think that in case of recognition of your state, future refugees will be turned back. As for you." She then swung her cane around to shortly point at Tarsk, before lowering it again. "It'd be appreciated if you could submit a proper report for our government to take into consideration when dealing with your country. Your explanation certainly has still holes and leaves one with many questions."

The Dragon folds its left arm across its chest to its shoulder in a sort of salute. "Your request will be answered. We will be drawing down from your borders to a simple border guard as your own. Be aware though that the ongoing operations across the border to secure the region may still induce some turmoil. We apologize in advance, but will do our best to keep disruption to your state's operations to a minimum. We'll be willing to set up line communications between our government branches whenever you are ready with any particular protocols you feel necessary, simply let us know when you feel that time has come and you are ready. For now, I go to have the report prepared."

One of the refugees, a small human boy stepped forward and pointed at Tarsk and screamed at the top of his lungs, "One of those THINGS, ate my Daddy!"

• Like 1

>!

"Good. It will be forwarded to the capital as soon as you submit it. I shall take my leave then as well.", Hazelwood stated, before turning around and slowly heading back to her own lines.

As the archon passed by the young boy, she quickly reached out and grabbing him by the collar with her left, lifted him up a few centimetres, so he actually was on the same height as her. With a cold glare and harsh tone, she addressed the future subject. "So what? Want to go back and avenge him? I think you should rather focus on what is ahead. and the first lesson you can learn for life in the Realm, when in the presence of your superiors, you speak when authorised, not when you feel like it, brat." Having held him with an ease that defied the image of her small frame, Hazelwood, threw the boy back into the crowd, almost as if he were weightless. "Learn your place, or you'll meet your father soon enough." Without further comment, she moved on, the masses of refugees parting before her in obvious fear.

Tarsk saw the Archons reaction towards the child and was somewhat relieved. Inwardly he thought, nearly as brutal as our Emperor. The dragon crawled back across the bridge in its armor and when it rose gave instructions to lower arms and move out. They had the rest of the former Kentucky territory to absorb.

Word and video of the dragons activity in the region began to pop upon global public internet services where permitted. But Inter-dimensional empires being established in anarchic regions is just conspiracy theories... right?

##Soundtrack for the world's rising awareness##

• Like 1

>!

Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky were secured after the flood came through the gates. The throngs of Empire flooded the lands til they filled to capacity.

##Back on Bob, all languages spoken between the dragons is the growling, snarling, and hissing letters of the tongue of High Draconic. While periodically punctuated by more recognizable syllables it was worse than German for its use of heavy consonants and perhaps the ultimate in growl-ly tone.##

The Emperor prepared to cross. He was 353 years old. His beloved, Koudoawaia Vortex, at 307, would be joining him. Maelstrom checked on his parents, Emperor Emeritus Stratus Vortex, who was well into his 700s, and his beloved MidnightTempst Vortex who was into her 660s. They were ready to cross. They were nearing the end of their lives, but they had no choice. Outside, the sky was growing brighter every day as enormous amounts of energy were being pulled back to the center of the birthplace of the universe. The planets' overall surface temperatures were soaring. They brought through the records of the Empire on a set of crystalline disks that were powered by photons and of enormous storage capacity. 

As they were departing, they knew there would be some staying behind who simply would not leave the homes they had always loved. Maelstrom turned to give a farewell address to his people in their beloved language, High Dragonic. Translated: "My beloved, for in this dark time, all must feel the need of a companion. My beloved people. Those of you who are strong enough to brave the end of all things in this universe, I wish you peace in your final coming days. You understand more than any of us, the value of your remaining time and your lives. You have sufficient provisions supplied to last you well beyond the inevitable, so eat, drink, be merry, love and be loved. We will miss you all, and know that your legacy will live on through us who go before you. Our heart breaks knowing the separation this will bring, but perhaps the Creator will see fit to unite us some day. As of this time, any who were under contractual obligation to any entity are free from all legal and debt bonds. May your gods watch over your souls." With that, he stepped through the portal into a new world.

##Virginia##

"So where are we, General?" The Empress asked as she looked around at the strange new land, her black and white tuxedo patterned scales glinting in the strange yellow light of their new star.

"They call it, Virginia." Furyion replied as his crimson scales cast a blood shadow across the ground from the refracted light. "The humans have been very productive in this land. Roads are pretty well built. We're learning of their world from them rapidly. They have introduced us to quite a few things since we've been here. We've already found adequate replacement for our munitions powders and explosives in the caves in this mountain range. There are also some nice chasms and cave networks that would make some relatively comfortable cities for us."

MidnightTempest put her hand on her daughter-in-bond's shoulder. "I think it's lovely, the change in sky is quite interesting."

"I'll still miss home." Koudoawaia sighed, her visage dour.

Maelstrom shook his head gently at her distress and wrapped a wing over her. "It will be alright. We will thrive here."

Furyion was handed a dispatch. "Hrmm.. seems this world does have sovereign powers. A hominid nation called the Faraway Realms has requested proof of the disaster from which we have originated." He looked to Maelstrom. "The reports seem to indicate their technology is approximate parity to our own.".

"Send them the press video of the changing sky in time lapse and the readings from our deep space satellites showing the cosmic background radiation being red-shifted to extremely high frequencies. Let them see the constellations and stars that are not their own. Have our astronomers do a complete write-up. it's not like any information from that universe will be relevant soon. It's collapsing at near-luminal velocities." The Emperor instructed his general.

"Yessir, I'll relay it to our science council immediately." He saluted with his right fore-leg across his breast to his shoulder with a moderate bow.

##At the border outpost##

A lone, unarmed, human infantryman would cross the Brent Spence bridge to present the report to officers on the other side in a black briefcase. He would ask if they would like any message relayed on his return. The case would contain an optical laser disks. Some things where trans-dimensional so long as what we called "light" existed. CDs were one such phenomenon. It was in unencrypted hexadecimal, though how to read the content may take some time to decipher. Even the spare operating system disk included would be useless as it would be incompatible with most earth systems as there was an entirely different industrial standard.

### This post is complete with final content edits. Grammatical edits may occur later if errors discovered. ## @Just Monika

• Like 1

>!

After the local milice commander took the disk and looked at it surprised, she asked for the infantryman to wait, as they had to report back to their authorities. After a short while, the commander returned, telling the infantryman to relay back a message from the Faraway capital, namely, that "the Faraway Crown would appreciate a written report in English or French, 50% leading, 10 pt Times New Roman or Arial. The Faraway Crown would appreciate getting reports in a manner that is easy to understand and details the events leading up to this disaster, as well as the past and origin of dragons, their state and their world. Additionally, the report should include a section as to the current intentions of the Empire in this world."

He requested a current book on English as spoken in Faraway to make certain there were no misunderstandings or syntax differences from the English spoken in the Mirror universe in order for the Empire to be able to comply with the request in a proper manner. A book on common slang for Faraway would also be appreciative to prevent any accidental mishaps in technical terminology, giving an example of "Sticking the plug in the wrong socket." As innuendo.

• Like 1

>!

After a short while, an official dictionary of the Royal Laurentine Academy of Sciences would be handed to the man, containing an account of all words deemed acceptable in the language of upper class Faraway ladies. It was requested that there be no innuendos and the Dragon Empire keep such dirty speech to themselves.

The Infantryman gave a formal salute and returned to his side of the bridge with the information, submitting it to diplomatic officers. The next time the infantryman returned (poor guy, lets give him a name), Pfc. Jessup Mathers had so many print outs he had to have a robotic mule help haul them. The cds had been replaced with high definition imagery, charts, and scientific explanations he couldn't hope to grasp written in the standards of the Faraway Realms. The report summary was as follows:

##Event Summary: Universal Instance Collapse##

Approximately ten years ago the satellites farthest from our solar system became aware of a universal boundary string racing towards our world. Cosmic background radiation up to that point had been blue shifted. But this was already light and em spectrum emissions that were years old. Abruptly Feb. 9th, 2008 in our universe's time scale, the cosmic background radiation signature abruptly had switched to a red-shift return. At the same time, there was a noticeable seismic increase on our world.  The conclusion was self-evident. Our universe had been collapsing for millennia, but we hadn't detected it yet because the light coming to us, only arrives at the speed of light as allowed in a vacuum. The collapse wave was measured and was originating from a source only 10 light-years behind the background image. The red-shift was in all direction on all axis.  The only reason we had time to become aware at all is because the light was out-running the collapse wave. The collapse wave, or universal boundary, was falling inward in a perfect sphere with all the mass collected on the inward trajectory collected and collapsed at its edge, generating tremendous heat. Since EM emission bands also travel at near light speeds, we could conclude the boundary was traveling just shy of the speed of light and gravity. The moment we detected the wave, the associated gravitational distortions began hitting our planet which was rocked with fault rupturing quakes the likes of which had not previously been recorded and volcanic activity mostly restricted to the side of the world facing the nearest edge of the boundary event.

*Associated images of the red shift and the visible spectrum image of the edge of the collapsing universe were provided. Additionally images of the atmosphere were also provided that showed the sky was lit by a slowly increasing light in all directions.

As you can see, our only means of survival was finding a way to escape our own universe. We found a way to create a wormhole to yours. The trip is one way, the configuration does not work the same in reverse due to the different properties of our universal instances. 

Written by:
Jessica Simmons, Astrophysicist, Imperial Academy of Sciences and the Arts.

##On the evolution and society of dragons##

Dragons trace their ancestry to a line of veloci-raptors that learned to spit a hot bile that burned its prey. This bile mix changed gradually over time til such that when two parts of the bile combined they produced flame. They match the myths and legends we have found in this Earth's towns regarding dragons. This also makes us wonder if some advanced dragon species may have conducted temporal incursions into your universe at key points in your history. Dragons are pack predators. They like to form flights which heard flocks for their hunts, or so they did before their intelligence increased. They evolved along side humanity, but their raw physical strength gave them an insurmountable advantage in early era warfare. The net result is our Earth was dominated by Dragons and their sub-species. Most governments, but not all, were ruled by dragons The Dragon Empire, being one of these and the most technologically advanced of these is the one in your back yard. It occupied what you knew as the former United States. Its leader is, depending on your viewpoint, a benevolent or malevolent Emperor who is ascribed the status of deity by some, an attribution he has repeatedly rejected. There is great similarity between the popular beliefs of this society and those of your Feudal Japan except that the Emperor's power is not limited by warlords and is absolute. He wishes to express to you that he does genuinely care for his people and listens to them and acts in their general interest. 

Dragon predation on humans is not uncommon in the Empire. It is not illegal due to the natural order that has been established with Dragons being the top of the food chain. However, the living are rarely eaten. Being devoured is a form of capitol punishment and corpse disposal. Unlike your world, there are no cemeteries on ours, everything gets re-used with dragons often praying for the souls and thanking them for the meal when they are consumed post-mortem. Killing a humanoid solely for food, however, is still murder. Only the condemned or the dead are permitted to be treated in this manner.

The Emperor has a council of advisers in various roles as he deems needed, and beneath him there is a council of elders that is ascribed the task of running the various ministries of the Empire. The Judges of Heart  handle legal affairs and assists in implementing imperial decrees as needed.

*A full government structure chart with details and footnotes on powers is included in the details. A physiological guide to the anatomy of dragons is provided leaving out information as to the contents of their scales, which apparently is considered a species wide secret.

Written by:
*Translated from Draconic
Drlar the Ancient , Historian, Imperial Academy of the Sciences and the Arts

## Old Earth ##

Our Earth, which by now is probably a molten husk being drawn into the edge of the collapsing universe, was a duplicate of yours. Certain properties of our universe slightly different, including gravity, fractionally stronger. We believe that is why our universe has collapsed and yours dosen't show sign of doing so as of yet. It is probably one of many such mirror worlds. We are also aware of others, and the Empire does exist in other dimensions. Inter-Universal Instance, or IUI travel is profoundly difficult, and so many of these settlements are mere outposts for scientific study. Many of the parallel universes are profoundly hostile to life. The dragons are enjoying your earth quite a bit. The lower gravitational constant is making their flying much easier and their bodies much lighter. Our world is almost certainly and utterly destroyed.

Written by:
Jessica Simmons, Astrophysicist, Imperial Academy of Sciences and the Arts.

## Intentions of the Empire ##
By priority:
1. Survive.
2. Protect our citizens.
3. Secure sufficient living space for sustainable survival.
4. Make friends where possible.
5. Participate in the bettering of this world for all its inhabitants in the understanding of how precious having a planet is from first hand experience. 
6. Trade and improve economic welfare for all.
7. Attempt to settle all disputes as amicably as possible without surrendering too much to the possible greed of others.
There's our stated objectives. We hope you will consider these to be noble and align with us in our efforts. Please contact me if you have any concerns about our relations going foreward. We also would like to initiate a basic information exchange regarding communication standards  with Faraway Realms since we are neighbors and it would be wise if we could communicate in due swiftness if needed.

Jake Skaggs,
Ambassador to Faraway Realms
Ministry of State Affairs

*Contact addresses are provided for all contributors.

*Content Revisions complete, final document.

• Like 1

>!

A response would be sent back, acknowledging that the report had been received and stating that for as long as the Dragons were staying South of the border and not munching on Laurentine citizens, the Realm would not mind.