German Alliance Treaty

VDS Alliance

The Verein der Deutschen Staaten (VDS) are seeking to make treaties with other German Alliances. Alliance link: https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=4675

Get in touch with Kanzler Jake Lawless of Volksrepublik Freiland to negotiate terms.

We are interested primarily in non-agression pacts with fellow German alliances. We are also interested in more active defense alliances, as well as market-share treaties. 

• Upvote 3

Bonjour mon amis! J'aimerais qu'on soit amis!

• Upvote 3

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

Bonjour mon amis! J'aimerais qu'on soit amis!

Bonjour à toi! Nous pouvons être amis. Joues-tu le jeu de Politics and War? Tu devrais être une part de mon alliance si tu fais. C'est un alliance de allemand seulement dans le nom, nous prenons aussi les joueurs de France!

28 minutes ago, Mitsuru said:

I think there are hardly any alliances in this game that take a real life nation as their theme.

No one ever took over the world by following the status-quo 

1 hour ago, VDS Alliance said:

I can think of two instances where the Germans didn't follow the status-quo, and tried to take over the world.

... Neither ended particularly well, especially for Jews in the second attempt.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, VDS Alliance said:

Bonjour à toi! Nous pouvons être amis. Joues-tu le jeu de Politics and War? Tu devrais être une part de mon alliance si tu fais. C'est un alliance de allemand seulement dans le nom, nous prenons aussi les joueurs de France!

You weren't meant to understand that, and my french isn't good enough to reply without using a translator lmao. Assuming you didn't just use a translator you're very good at French

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

3 hours ago, Rogue said:

You weren't meant to understand that, and my french isn't good enough to reply without using a translator lmao. Assuming you didn't just use a translator you're very good at French

Yeah I'm trilingual; English, German, French. Got me excited for a second lol

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sea said:

I can think of two instances where the Germans didn't follow the status-quo, and tried to take over the world.

Very Original. Germanic culture dates back centuries BC but Americans think it only lasted for 30 years in the early-mid 1900s

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, VDS Alliance said:

Very Original. Germanic culture dates back centuries BC but Americans think it only lasted for 30 years in the early-mid 1900s

Well, be fair, the modern nation of Germany has existed in its' current form for only 29 years. The founding of modern-day Germany, if you don't count the east/west germany thing, was 147 years ago.

The Germanic peoples and cultures date back millenia, of course, but Germany is still very young.

(Also the American school system has a well-deserved reputation of being utter poop. I only know what I know from researching the subject myself, outside of the standard curriculum. High school students aren't even required to know what the HRE was.)

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Sea said:

You probably should research more about those World Wars. As it's not as blatant with it being that.

First World War was an utter crap-hole with secret alliances drawing everyone into it. Dying political orders were another reason for that. The war did not start due to an attempt by Germany to conquer the world. It started due to Austria declaring war on Serbia, which brought in the Germans and Russians. And due to further and previously stated secret alliances, it quickly pulled everyone else into the war.

That mindset of viewing Germany as evil in World War I is questionably one of the reasoning on why World War II even started by allowing a certain someone and a certain party getting into power. Mainly because the country went into the gutter due to heavy reparations by the Allied powers in World War I.

With said heavy reparations being applied due to said mindset.

I would sincerely recommend to you to read more about history, instead of what schools only teach you.

EDIT: If you want to further discuss with me on this subject. Send me a PM on here or in-game.

Edited by LordInfinitius
Addendum to Sea
  • Upvote 2

hfzkFUp.gif

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, be fair, the modern nation of Germany has existed in its' current form for only 29 years. The founding of modern-day Germany, if you don't count the east/west germany thing, was 147 years ago.

The Germanic peoples and cultures date back millenia, of course, but Germany is still very young.

(Also the American school system has a well-deserved reputation of being utter poop. I only know what I know from researching the subject myself, outside of the standard curriculum. High school students aren't even required to know what the HRE was.)

To be fair, I did say Germanic, not the Bundesrepublik Deutschland. State and Nationality are independent. Germanic tribes, kingdoms, city-states, all that constitutes as German culture. The history of the German state in its current form is just one part of the history of the culture. 

1 minute ago, VDS Alliance said:

To be fair, I did say Germanic, not the Bundesrepublik Deutschland. State and Nationality are independent. Germanic tribes, kingdoms, city-states, all that constitutes as German culture. The history of the German state in its current form is just one part of the history of the culture. 

Well, yeah, but there are a lot of individual cultures and peoples that fall under that category. Like, a lot, and each one has its' own history and specific cultural distinctions. Modern day Germany is the most recent part of each of those cultures but they still have distinct histories, that's all I meant.

It's interesting that you say "State and Nationality are independent". I'm only passingly familiar with modern German culture, so I'll defer to your apparent expertise and accept that they may be independent concepts in your case. As an American, though, the opposite is true for most of us. Many of our states have distinct histories and quite varied cultures between broad regions, but usually we identify as American rather than by our state, unless we're being specific for some reason.

Yeah, you are right, there are a lot of individual cultures which fall under that category, I acknowledged by using the plural forms of "tribes", "kingdoms", and "city-states" in my previous comment. i also said in my very first comment that it is rich in culture, which means it has a lot of culture, literally. I'm not sure why you're posing that statement like its in contrast to mine, clear case of agreement. Examples are Bavarians, Hessens, Swabian, Saxon, Austrian, Swiss Germans, etc.

Let me first let you in on a surprise. I live in the United States of America, born in raised in NJ. I did date a German Exchange student for over 2 years, travel there with her a lot, and learn a lot about it; but I'm not actually German. I can speak it but I'm not German. When I said Americans are stupid before, I know what I'm talking about. All I have to do is look around. I can tell you that the American Education system failed you, because you don't even know the true definition of a state and a nation. I'm not going to call you stupid though, I'd rather help you learn.

I can tell right off the bat that you are an American who has never taken a university politics class (I was once that too, not an insult just an observation). The difference between nation and state is one of the first things your taught in Intro to Pols 101. What we call 'states' in the USA are not states in the true term. Its just a name we gave to regional districts. Under the Articles of Confederation, they were true states; however, under the US Constitution they are not. The only state is the United States itself. Allow me to explain:

State: Forget about the American definition of a domestic state for one moment. A state is a sovereign entity which controls a region with absolute authority, in which the people within the borders are subject to their laws. A state is what you, probably, call a country, as many Americans do. Germany is a state, Russia is a state, Ireland is a state, China is a state, the United States is a state. Literally every 'country' which has set borders and is recognized by the majority of the world is what we call a state A state rules a territory, regardless of the make-up of the people within it. 

Nation: A nation is a group of people bound together by a common cultural sense of nationality. A nation is a group of people with a shared culture, religion, or values. There is not necessarily a  system of power which corresponds, but there can be; this is called a nation-state. For example, Native American Nations exist within the borders of the United States. They have no authority to form a military, US Federal Law supersedes their legislations, they are bound together by one nationality of culture. Sunni and Shiite Muslims represent different nations in a state. They are always closely knitted together and the people who make up the groups strongly favor their own groups. But neither group has sovereign power until their nations become the regimes of the state. A big problem in the Middle East is that sunni- or shiite-run states are extremely oppressive to the other nationality. Inter-state national tensions are almost always what causes genocide. 

There are such things as nation-states where one nationality is predominant. This is a case in a lot of European, South American, Caribbean States and East Asian states. The United States is not a nation-state; being an American is rooted in state pride, but many nationalities exist within the state. That is why people choose to call themselves "Irish-Americans/Italian-Americans/Cuban-Americans/ Mexican-American" Canada is the exact same thing, where people call themselves "French-Canadian/British-Canadian/Muslim-Canadian" Neither America not Canada has a common nationality; they were both founded on principles which embraced exactly this. the people have a shared allegiance to their state. 

Its not that I have expertise; you learn this stuff in the first week of class. Its a fact that states and nationality are independent of one-another. sometimes they coincide, sometimes they do not. When you think of Irish-American, think, Irish by Nationality, American by state allegiance. It literally matches the term "Nation-State".

I am years out of basic politics classes right now and honestly I may have explained than poorly. This article does it great: https://www.usip.org/glossary/state-versus-nation

Its great you have a passion in policy and governance. I share that passion. You should consider doing some independent research into politics. When you take a course in the basics, you'd be surprised at how much you really do not know. In your mind, you were right in what you said. Its not a matter of conveying your thoughts, you can do that; its a matter of understanding the actual meanings of terms, the workings of governance, the different types of regimes, etc. 

5 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, yeah, but there are a lot of individual cultures and peoples that fall under that category. Like, a lot, and each one has its' own history and specific cultural distinctions. Modern day Germany is the most recent part of each of those cultures but they still have distinct histories, that's all I meant.

It's interesting that you say "State and Nationality are independent". I'm only passingly familiar with modern German culture, so I'll defer to your apparent expertise and accept that they may be independent concepts in your case. As an American, though, the opposite is true for most of us. Many of our states have distinct histories and quite varied cultures between broad regions, but usually we identify as American rather than by our state, unless we're being specific for some reason.

Up on comment for the reply. PM me on P&W maybe i can send you some old politic textbooks I have since we both live in the US.

Edited by VDS Alliance

5 hours ago, LordInfinitius said:

That mindset of viewing Germany as evil

They weren't evil, just misunderstood

5 minutes ago, VDS Alliance said:

Yeah, you are right, there are a lot of individual cultures which fall under that category, I acknowledged by using the plural forms of "tribes", "kingdoms", and "city-states" in my previous comment. i also said in my very first comment that it is rich in culture, which means it has a lot of culture, literally. I'm not sure why you're posing that statement like its in contrast to mine, clear case of agreement. Examples are all of continental Northern, Central, and Eastern Europe belong to Germany.  Bavarians, Hessens, Swabian, Saxon, Austrian, Swiss Germans, etc.

FTFY

8 minutes ago, VDS Alliance said:

I did date a German

Mistake #1

ts7l0Bf.gif
Other than that, hello friend.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, LordInfinitius said:

You probably should research more about those World Wars. As it's not as blatant with it being that.

[snip just so I can ping]

6 hours ago, VDS Alliance said:

Yeah, so actually I'm a pretty big fan of history. I do know this stuff, but chose to snipe at VDS because of the "No one ever took over the world by following the status quo," which, while obviously not true for 99% of German history, is within the realm of acceptability true for WWII. WWI, on the other hand, was definitely a alliance-filled shithole of nations going to war, which was at least in part attributable to Austria-Hungary declaring war on Serbia for the actions of the Black Hand, which was not a German nation.

Though I certainly understand the origins of the reaction, I think it was an overreaction, though appreciate that you encourage me to further edumacate myself on the matter, but I'm quite content shitposting rather than being factually accurate. (Though yeah, the Treaty of Versailles was a not great thing and definitely precipitated World War 2: electric boogaloo)

But WWII Germany definitely was evil.

12 hours ago, VDS Alliance said:

I think I didn't make my point clearly. You are looking for German alliances. My point was that there are probably none (or maybe just really tiny ones).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sea said:

Yeah, so actually I'm a pretty big fan of history. I do know this stuff, but chose to snipe at VDS because of the "No one ever took over the world by following the status quo," which, while obviously not true for 99% of German history, is within the realm of acceptability true for WWII. WWI, on the other hand, was definitely a alliance-filled shithole of nations going to war, which was at least in part attributable to Austria-Hungary declaring war on Serbia for the actions of the Black Hand, which was not a German nation.

Though I certainly understand the origins of the reaction, I think it was an overreaction, though appreciate that you encourage me to further edumacate myself on the matter, but I'm quite content shitposting rather than being factually accurate. (Though yeah, the Treaty of Versailles was a not great thing and definitely precipitated World War 2: electric boogaloo)

But WWII Germany definitely was evil.

Yeah I was just saying that because it sounded cool. Pretty much every colonial nation in 15th-post-WWII actually did take over the world following the status quo. Usually theres a reason for status quos lol, they work. Germany WWII was evil for sure, Nazi Regime just decided to start the costliest war in human history in a continent still rebuilding from the costliest war in human history at that point. WWI Germany was kind of just on the wrong side of history. Austrians were the dicks to everyone other than Germans in Austro-Hungary, but Germany can't not support Austria. Its basically just an extension of Bavaria which didn't want to join the German state bc it already established centralized power of a large territory, and that really was all that the German state was, the consolidation of small states under the Prussian state. This forum is way cooler than Facebook, seems like people know what they are talking about.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Mitsuru said:

I think I didn't make my point clearly. You are looking for German alliances. My point was that there are probably none (or maybe just really tiny ones).

No you did, lol. Def understand that what I'm asking for pretty much doesn't exist. Just seemed like a super stereotypical thing German alliance would say. You were right too, I only ever got 1 alliance treaty of a relatively small alliance.

He’s filling a niche that has been void of alliances ever since the Teutonic Order’s downfall.... not that tTO was really great at being German.

Welcome Kanzler Jake and I hope to see great things from you! :)