Food and VM

Pubstomper

I don't think it will be that surprising if we see a lot of nations migrate to vacation mode to avoid having no food for an extended period of time. Is there something to be done to deal with this if it comes up, or am I ridiculous for thinking it will even be a problem? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Apeman said:

Finally we agree on something. Burn the cowards

The no food penalties aren't all that bad in peace time, but if the war is still going on they are really just free piles of loot (except for food) to whoever attacks them. So they would basically just do it to dodge getting their other goods/money looted without any chance of retaliation. 

I don't think it would be a problem.

Having 2/3 income is infinitely better than having 0 income because you don't generate anything in VM, so I don't see why people would go into VM to avoid running out of food.

Will a couple of people do it because they don't know any better? Maybe, but oh well. It won't happen en-masse.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Anyone who is thinking of going to VM because they are scared of running out of food should just delete their nation now.

• Upvote 2

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 3/28/2018 at 6:50 PM, Partisan said:

I don't think it will be that surprising if we see a lot of nations migrate to vacation mode to avoid having no food for an extended period of time. Is there something to be done to deal with this if it comes up, or am I ridiculous for thinking it will even be a problem? 

I'm a little late to the party, but it is an interesting thought.

Right now the penalty for running out of food isn't much. However, if that were to be made more severe, I could see this being an issue. On the other hand, with the resource production change I think food will be more abundant and unless there's a quick turnaround before the next global nuclear war, I don't think anyone will reasonably run out of food again.

Even during the last war, food was still for sale, albeit at high prices. I don't think there was ever a time where it was impossible to buy food.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link