More Ways to Kill Planes

Darth Revan

If I recall correctly, this idea was already on the test server at some point where ground attacks killed a small percentage of planes.  As it stands currently, the only way to kill aircraft is through spies and other planes.  Over the course of my time here, I've seen a number of people complain how OP planes are and part of the reason they are seen as OP by some is that they can only be eliminated through two avenues. 

I would like to open up a discussion on whether the idea of ground forces killing a small percentage of planes upon an immense triumph would be feasible. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest Frawley
20 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

If I recall correctly, this idea was already on the test server at some point where ground attacks killed a small percentage of planes.  As it stands currently, the only way to kill aircraft is through spies and other planes.  Over the course of my time here, I've seen a number of people complain how OP planes are and part of the reason they are seen as OP by some is that they can only be eliminated through two avenues. 

I would like to open up a discussion on whether the idea of ground forces killing a small percentage of planes upon an immense triumph would be feasible. 

Planes already do less damage than other forms of attack, making them hyper venerable too makes them pointless.

56 minutes ago, Frawley said:

Planes already do less damage than other forms of attack, making them hyper venerable too makes them pointless.

U wot m8? Planes rip through enemy steel like nothing else, by cutting tanks to almost uselessness and damaging fleet with impunity.

1 hour ago, Darth Revan said:

I agree, but your suggestion doesn't go far enough: it would work better if it was paired with a more comprehensive combined-arms system where all 3 branches of military were considered in each attack. Something like ground forces with air support take out more tanks or infrastructure on victory, while ground forces with naval support gather more loot on victory. It would be kind of complicated and it would need to be configurable but it'd be dope.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Frawley said:

You can lose soldiers and tanks by attacking an enemy with no ground forces. I don't see why planes shouldn't be killed by ground forces and/or ships, especially when you consider that planes can attack everything.

Ta2HxPD.png

21 hours ago, Frawley said:

lol, what?

@OP - This is why we had the idea of putting AA armament on Ships in the event they were targeted for Air Strikes.  Of course, people are still hesitant on that for some unknown real reason.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Azaghul said:

Nukes should be able to target units rather than infra like planes do.

That's called missiles. Missiles are more efficient than nukes at destroying military units. Either way though, they do decrease the target nations' capacity to build their military due to the lower population, so there's that too.