Resistance ideas

Holton

Basically I want to address two points that I think would drastically improve how resistance works.

1. This game is persistent - You can be attacked when you're not online and conceivably go for multiple turn ticks without being able to log on and address it.

2. Players can circumvent beiging while still "winning" the war, basically ensuring perpetual war and an inability to recover.

1. For the first 24 hours after a war is declared, resistance doesn't decrease with attacks. This allows people to return and at least attempt to respond while still giving a blitz advantage.

2. After those first 24 hours, resistance degenerates at a rate of 2.09 per turn tick. If I did math correctly, this should auto-beige a person within the 5 day timer. However, if you get auto-beiged, you lose no loot and suffer no infra damage.

So basically if you can make it 5 days without getting beiged by the attacker, you can escape and recover. For reference, it only takes a minimum of 10 ground attacks to beige someone, or 2.5 days worth of MAP's.

Credit to @Frawley for some inspiration here.

• Upvote 2

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

Wait, doesn't that mean if you hold out for a certain amount of time, you can end the war with a single nuke or missile?

...I like it, but I don't think that's actually a good game mechanic per se. Maybe if it was that if the auto-decay resistance was more than 50, the war doesn't count for loot? But then wars could be won with 3 nukes... of course, you can already win a war with 4 nukes so...

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1