Multiple Exploits Used by Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards

Placentica

As this forum is OOC, my post is also OOC.

This is an open question to the people in Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards. 

If you do not want to play by the rules, why play at all?  What is the point of cheating in a browser sim?  This is a game and as such the challenge is in beating the game, not cheating.  Isn't it enough that you declared war on my PW alliance with twice the cities and tons of extra support if needed?  You clearly played the PW politics game well.  Opportunism in your timing of your hit is good strategy.  Making sure you would win before you attacked is good strategy and commonplace here.  Large use by people in Guardian and some GOB to use Ordinary wars to minimize damage is perfectly fine. 

But why try to minimize destruction with game exploits? 

Would you like us to just give you our nations?  Would you like us to just stop nuking you?  Is that what you are after here?

People in Guardian and Grumpy, but mostly Guardian used a game exploit where we couldn't select the city we wanted to be nuked.  No matter what we selected, it would nuke the city that a person in Guardian wanted based on infra (and they knew how to rig it well), and it would just nuke that city over and over again when they rebought infra or nuke the weakest cities with the least population.  They knew about this exploit, very clearly, by looking at their city builds. If not caught it would've left Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards much less destroyed.   I think it did factor into their decision to attack us, knowing their destruction would be greatly minimized.  No real economic problems other than 1 city and infra cost vs. large-scale city improvement destruction and few economic penalties.  It makes for a pretty huge difference.  But mostly they knowingly used game exploits to avoid damage when they already had more than enough firepower to win and we all know they have plenty of cash to rebuild.

The other exploit they are using is being fixed by Alex, so I will not bring up the details right now to prevent it's further use against us.

So to the people in Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards,  is that really the way you want to play?  When people cheat, usually the other people leave.  Is this what you want?  Do you want Alpha to just quit the game?  Even now we are going to have many members leave the game over this.  Is that what you wanted by cheating? I might just leave myself, not sure I want to play a game that has constant exploits and people like you who use them to your advantage against weaker parties.

Also:
After thinking about this long and seeing the responses, I've also made a suggestion that I think will make the game more inline with the community here.  I've made a suggestion to remove nukes from the game.  Again, being serious, I think it's for the best and the community is definitely in support of removing nukes:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 12

If this is true, about them using exploits to minimize damage on themselves, and whatever the other exploit you said is currently being fixed, then Guardian and GoB should have action taken against them. Knowingly abusing in game exploits during war? Lol, Alex take a city away from them all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

The exploit was confirmed by dozens of us and happened close to 100% of the time.  First few times I thought I had clicked wrong, but then we started taking screenshots and being extra careful.  It happened every time before the fix.

We immediately took it to Alex and he was good about fixing it.  But had we not brought it to his attention, this would've been an entirely different war and even now, it really meant a lot of wasted nukes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Honestly I knew the auto target would target the highest Infra, but I wasn't aware it wouldn't let you choose a different target.  I wonder how that exploit really works or if Alex just broke something in the process of changing the war mechanic, because in the past I used this tactic in my favor (Build 1 extra Infra in my lowest city pop to change it as the "highest" automated target) and was also able to change targets that my Nukes/Missiles would hit as well.

Alex said it was an artifact bug, as in he doesn't know how it got there but it was a bug.

• Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Wait this is an exploit? we did it because we figured you were too stupid to figure out that you should change your nuke cities.   If it actually is, it doesn't work all the time, because to your credit you guys have been changing away from the ones i have been trying to get you to nuke.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Maverick0984 said:

As a developer by day, I can confirm that this sentence does not make sense.  Either from Alex or James. Cheers.

You don't know what an artifact is? It's pretty universal langauge in *most* sciences

• Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

6 hours ago, Placentica said:

But had we not brought it to his attention, this would've been an entirely different war and even now, it really meant a lot of wasted nukes.

With all due respect but this war wouldn't have turned out any different than it has until now except for a bit more damage. The way you write it makes it sound as if the entire outcome of the attacks by Guardian and Grumpy would've been different, had they not made use of the above mentioned strategy.

I fully understand that you want to point this error in the game out and agree on that but this whole thread just screams: "I'm still angry and therefore accuse you of cheating." Your strategy was still poor and Guardian and Grumpy would've stilled blitzed you completely down. The only difference would be a bit more infrastructure damage to them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2