Remove Nukes from the Game & Increase Downdeclare Range

Placentica

34 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

The nice part about this game is it's a game.  I don't have to bite my tongue like IRL.  I get to piss off every mouth breathing dumbass that can't spell a word longer than salt, every nazi or nazi collaborator, whoever I want to piss off. Then they come for my pixels and I get to nuke them.  If I've annoyed you and made you not like me, just know I meant it. Especially if you're the moran that borked 3 of my war slots. 

I don't think anyone is complaining about the Nazi hunt... But hey, if pissing people off is part of the game for you, don't go throwing a fit next time someone rolls you guys for it. Because guess what, rolling people who make an enemy of you is part of the game too.

Edited by Felkey
  • Upvote 3

This thread isn't throwing a fit that we got hit by hundreds, it's telling the head sheep that he's a douche for taking away my ability to fight back.

Edit: wait no, wrong thread. I dunno what plac is doing here other than blaspheming the Nuke God

Edited by kosmokenny
Eat me
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, Apeman said:

I never complained about nukes or their damage. Please cross check your facts

It's hard when all of nuke bloc seems to be on the forums complaining about something. I'm sorry if I put the wrong thing here.

LTcxGHN.jpg

18 hours ago, Milord said:

Why have troops, tanks, ships, aircraft, missiles, nukes or spies when you can have community hugs and friendly barter on the global market. Relenquish your armament and live in a peacefull land of everlasting HUGS.

>Tfw IQ blitzes KT, SK, and AIM with hugs

lmao

• Upvote 2

"YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! EVEN MY FAMILY - EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!"

image.png.fe2319f8af6b9ffb33486c0f39b5f7b9.png

22 hours ago, Justin076 said:

Ya'll are doing longgggg term damage to your image with all this salt and sooky behavior. It's starting to get very sad. 

Luckily nobody over here gives one single flying frick about anything you say or think.

But thanks.

4 hours ago, Codonian said:

Jesus, Nuke Bloc are so fricking salty, I've literally never ever witnessed salt levels like this in Orbis to my knowledge.

from all the semen i assume you guzzle, i'll go ahead and say that statement is false.

dumpster.

Edited by rollo
frickin word filters
  • Downvote 6

STFU

22 minutes ago, rollo said:

Luckily nobody over here gives one single flying frick about anything you say or think.

But thanks.

from all the semen i assume you guzzle, i'll go ahead and say that statement is false.

dumpster.

giphy.gif

Edited by Partisan
Mobile kept cutting GIF sry
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

tbh, if you look at the actual numbers for declaration ranges and just take them at face value, it's a wide spread.

+75% score
-25% score
within 10 ranks above you

The mechanics themselves have had a profound effect on the meta, and how alliances have chosen to build themselves. Artificially keeping scores low allows for nations that would otherwise be superior or equal to better pick fights that are advantageous for them, while nations at the upper limits have to climb a long way to get out of range of the grinder that can overwhelm them if they get knocked down. It's a large part of what led to the supposed stalemate we faced for the past several months.

• Upvote 1

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

2 hours ago, rollo said:

But thanks.

You cared enough to respond to me.

7c4.png 

• Upvote 5

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

Just a reminder that this is an OOC forum and as such, can we leave all the IC stuff out of it.  In this topic we can all discuss suggestions like adults without all the emotions of the IC game that many people seems to have (which is understandable, but this is still OOC).

So, I've never seen anyone talk about the strategic use of nuclear weapons as a positive.  It's usually that they are just bad and "all they do is nuke and have no skill".  Or to something like that.  So why the hesitancy to remove such an unpleasant aspect of the game?

What is the best way to fight when you are up against a force you cannot beat with full defensive slots?  Has anyone ever been able to defeat a force long-term/multiple rounds when facing larger nations in each of their defensive slots?  Is this when nuclear weapons have a strategic value?  Then why the complaints about their use in that exact situation?

I actually want to see catch-up mechanics removed, as it would provide more clarity in this game.  And it would help with the notion anyone can master a system that only requires bodies to fill slots and nothing more.  I.e. nukes which just require point and click being inferior to 3 people who point and click on 1 person.  If we made the game just about numbers, then it would force a more dynamic political environment and not one where we had ages of stagnation, followed by a few hours of deciding warfare and a few turns of non-deciding warfare and back to stagnation for a long period of time.

I think we should change to a paper scissors rock system, except no paper since paper's super lame and the nations I like should all be rocks and all the noobs I don't should be scissors.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, rollo said:

But thanks.

dumpster.

Your reply fuels the salt meter, I love it. Keep it coming baby!

20 hours ago, Placentica said:

Just a reminder that this is an OOC forum and as such, can we leave all the IC stuff out of it.  In this topic we can all discuss suggestions like adults without all the emotions of the IC game that many people seems to have (which is understandable, but this is still OOC).

5 hours ago, Apeman said:

So shut it fake partiboy. You will never be the original or as good. Go home and think of something else that doesn't show up while your mom brings your sandwich down to the basement for you

On 3/27/2018 at 3:50 PM, rollo said:

dumpster.

Really enjoying discussing things as "adults" with Nuke bloc. 

• Upvote 5

On 3/28/2018 at 5:30 PM, Partisan said:

Really enjoying discussing things as "adults" with Nuke bloc. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've tried to maintain the topic and have a real discussion.  My suggestion still stands.

Either we should have a real comprehensive catch-up mechanic or we should just remove everything.  We are in this in-between where both sides constantly !@#$ about if you can actually catch-up (the git gud crowd and the realistic crowd) or should be allowed to catch-up when facing an overwhelming force against you.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:59 PM, Placentica said:

So, I've never seen anyone talk about the strategic use of nuclear weapons as a positive.  It's usually that they are just bad and "all they do is nuke and have no skill".  Or to something like that.  So why the hesitancy to remove such an unpleasant aspect of the game?

What is the best way to fight when you are up against a force you cannot beat with full defensive slots?  Has anyone ever been able to defeat a force long-term/multiple rounds when facing larger nations in each of their defensive slots?  Is this when nuclear weapons have a strategic value?  Then why the complaints about their use in that exact situation?

I actually want to see catch-up mechanics removed, as it would provide more clarity in this game.  And it would help with the notion anyone can master a system that only requires bodies to fill slots and nothing more.  I.e. nukes which just require point and click being inferior to 3 people who point and click on 1 person.  If we made the game just about numbers, then it would force a more dynamic political environment and not one where we had ages of stagnation, followed by a few hours of deciding warfare and a few turns of non-deciding warfare and back to stagnation for a long period of time.

Allow nukes to kill a large % of one type of a nation's army.  It's a simple yet elegant solution:

1) Allows nukes to be powerful without just being a mindless, automatic substitute for fighting well conventionally.

2) Gives people a chance to fight back when they are outmatched conventionally.

3) Encourages coordination.  One nation nukes, they are out of MAPS and can't folloe up conventionally the immediately.  But they can coordinate with other people who can follow up with attacks on that particular unit.

4) Creates more risk for people who are in a bunch of wars.

5) Gives people who are beaten down something to do other than just sit at zero military.

6) Generally broadens the numbet of strategies people can employ.

That other nation simulator game handles this well IMO.  Not that this game should be exactly like it.  But I like the fact that nukes are a leveler in conventional combat, especially for people who can fight and coordinate well.

Edited by Azaghul
  • Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

1 hour ago, Azaghul said:

Allow nukes to kill a large % of one type of a nation's army.  It's a simple yet elegant solution:

1) Allows nukes to be powerful without just being a mindless, automatic substitute for fighting well conventionally.

3) Encourages coordination.  One nation nukes, they are out of MAPS and can't folloe up conventionally the immediately.  But they can coordinate with other people who can follow up with attacks on that particular unit.

5) Gives people who are beaten down something to do other than just sit at zero military.

That other nation simulator game handles this well IMO.  Not that this game should be exactly like it.  But I like the fact that nukes are a leveler in conventional combat, especially for people who can fight and coordinate well.

Nailed it.

16 hours ago, Azaghul said:

But I'm talking about a broader war comeback.  Even with this suggestion it's not possible.

The problem here is that we actually are able to do this conventionally without a nuke.  We did that on two people in GOB and beiged them.   It didn't help the broader war, it was just fun to do.  No one will waste a nuke destroying one block of units, even with proper coordination, it's a waste of a nuke.

For example:

Attacker1 - full military

Defender1 - nukes attacker 1's airplanes.

Defender2, 3, rip through the rest of his ships/tanks etc with airstrikes

Attackers 2,3,4 and 5,6,7 who hit Defender 2 & 3 now zero out defender 2, 3's airforce....and well everything else they have in the first 1/2 day.

Attacker 1 double rebuys aircraft, etc.  Defender 1 wasted a nuke, and Defenders 1, 2, 3 all have zero military and can't fight back.

Edited by Placentica